Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta

WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Ok what's the deal with the stupid Beta? EQ2 simply sucks at keeping people informed on thier site. I won a Beta spot from PC Gamer magazine (bought 14 copies) Now it seems i still have to wait till Beta is almost over to get in anyway. What's the point of having Beta contests if you don't get in even if you win one. Shhheeesh! i'm so pissed!

Have they even started the next phase of the Beta yet???Cause that phase they mentioned on the ite is not even the first phase of it in my opinion.....LAME!!!

Comments

• BristlenBristlen Member Posts: 9

Moorgard wrote

"After this initial phase, we will begin inviting testers who qualify for special phases of our beta. This will start with our long-term Legends subscribers, followed by those who took advantage of our Lords of EverQuest preorder offer and other special promotions. This will be followed by a wider public beta consisting of people who applied on our official website, with preference given to long-term EverQuest subscribers. Those who won slots in beta through contests and giveaways will be invited sometime during this phase"

** edit oopse well you will be invited at the same time as the general invites it seems.

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220
    Ya, they are probably just letting people who work for em play atm, to work out major bugs since they know how to actually describe them and such :O.. and then they are gonna invite lamers who played eq games that weren't even the original.. in my opinion they shoul;d give first betas to the peoplew ho helped them make all those other games based of eq. At least my 3 years of play time will make me get chosen above people who jsut signed up and never played, but still.. I spent like 600 bucks on eq.. should give me beta over those who play the game on the ps2 right? isn't that free of monthly charge?? lol

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by Wrender

Ok what's the deal with the stupid Beta? EQ2 simply sucks at keeping people informed on thier site. I won a Beta spot from PC Gamer magazine (bought 14 copies) Now it seems i still have to wait till Beta is almost over to get in anyway. What's the point of having Beta contests if you don't get in even if you win one. Shhheeesh! i'm so pissed!
    Have they even started the next phase of the Beta yet???Cause that phase they mentioned on the ite is not even the first phase of it in my opinion.....LAME!!!

Jeez calm down. Its only in  friends&family stage right now i belive. Its not even in alpha yet (correct me if im wrong) I think.  So yeah you'll probaly to get play by near end of august is my guess. You lucky SOB.

probably later :( If they dont have a open beta probabnly only a mont before release

• JayzanJayzan Member Posts: 46
    If you get to create a character during the beta does it get deleted before the release of the game?  that's what they did when I beta tested Diablo 2, back in the day...

few games let ya keep beta chars... some MIGHT let ya keep open beta char's if open beta lasts like a week.

• HenrikStyrerHenrikStyrer Member Posts: 7
    There will not be an open beta and the 10k winners of the pc gamer will be included in the last phase of beta.

• RelicaRelica Member Posts: 67
    I read this entire thread and I'm still trying to figure out why you are bitching. At least you get to play in Beta.

~Relica~
    Played: EQ, Shadowbane, SWG, Horizons
    Playing: EQ2 (on release)

• .Reaper..Reaper. Member Posts: 30
    I hope they allow you to keep your character from the beta I know lots of MMORPG games allowed this in hopes that you would purchase their game during its release. I dont know if Everquest will but hopefully they do, they seem to be doing all in their power to keep the original game playing and people staying and I am sure they will do anything for another customer.

- - - - - -
    Everquest:
    [Dark Elf] Enchanter: Level 65
    [Skill Tree] Status: Max
    [Epic] Status: Completed

- - - - - -
    MMORPG RETIRED: - Everquest - Dark Age of Camelot - Lineage II - Runescape -
    BETA ACCEPTIONS: - Planetside - Everquest - Guildwars - World War II Online - Lineage II - EVE Online -

• HenrikStyrerHenrikStyrer Member Posts: 7
    I can tell you that you dont. In the betas i've participated in and heard of you dont keep your char or things. What betas are you talking about?

• RelicaRelica Member Posts: 67
    You were able to keep your character from beta in Lineage 2 and play it when the game was released.

~Relica~
    Played: EQ, Shadowbane, SWG, Horizons
    Playing: EQ2 (on release)

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

most SOE games i beta'ed Planetside and SWG they delete them, so i am guessing they will in EQ2, they wanna give everyone an equal start.

• vamsevamse Member Posts: 97
    yup keeping your caracters is really unfair imo, everybody should get the same start, that way people can race till max level, or do certain quests first, see certain zones first ect (also because there are certain things that will get the players name if you do/visit something first) like Valheru's Inn (or something, if i was the first player do find that inn and do a certain quest for the inn keeper).

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

I think Lineage 2 was the only recent MMORPG that allowed players to keep thier characters when the game went live... Every other game I have played wiped them...

EQ2 Will have a wipe.