Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As requested: How RISE fell...

2»

Comments

• graillgraill Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by Finwolven

@ Graill:
    Bitter much?
    This 'devs-don't play ball'-thing has been discussed a lot, but as my personal preference, I'd rather the devs did play their own game. Having an inside-view of what's going on in the game and how the mechanics work in a real ingame situation as opposed to some contrived testing situation.
    I mean, how often do you see people doing complex sieges and POS-building in the SiSi test server? Or putting together a 200-man fleet fight? Not that often (the server can't support it, even). There's limits to testing that don't scale up well, especially with EVE's single-universe structure.
    Cheating? Go cry me a river. Such things can be (and in an ideal world, would be) guarded against. Even if it wasn't, I don't see it as so huge, life-blowing issue as some people are fond of making it into.

i see your point. as for commenting on a thread in a game i no longer play i still have a lot of rl friends that play and enjoy it. as for bitching much, what can i say? some folks dont remember beyond the blueprint incident, it went well beyond that. when a dev can states they prefer pvp (nothing wrong with that before folks blow up) and any decision they make will heavily influence how and what players do directly i had some issue with that. implement, but leave the players alone was my gripe, ccp doesnt see it that way, so i quit those short years ago. no big deal, buit when some folks post sounding surpised that this or that happened? i just chuckle a bit, you can never be surprised in eve. great game, great folks, the devs are corrupt as hell ingame. be good

can you smell that?!!...............there is nothing quite like it.....................the smell of troll in the morning............i love that smell.

• graillgraill Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Graill, what are you doing here? Seriously..
    This is a thread that was requested by several of us. Taram said he would write the story down one day, when we poked him about it. So he did.
    Now you come and flame totally off topic?

easy bato, i never flame first, no did i go offtopic first (which i know is bad for the thinskinned). and yes i still like to come in and check the drama from time to time.

can you smell that?!!...............there is nothing quite like it.....................the smell of troll in the morning............i love that smell.

• MarkusDMarkusD Member Posts: 64

Thanks OP that was a good read. Myself, as just an eve carebear, have often wondered about the the wars that occur in 0.0 and this post covered that. Perhaps someday when I have more time, if that ever happen, I'll explore this aspect of the game.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

Originally posted by MarkusD

Thanks OP that was a good read. Myself, as just an eve carebear, have often wondered about the the wars that occur in 0.0 and this post covered that. Perhaps someday when I have more time, if that ever happen, I'll explore this aspect of the game.

You should give it a go.  From my own experience it seems like it's only a huge timesink if you let it become so.  I'm just a grunt - my obligations are to show up (when I can), do what I'm told, and not ask questions.  I have a demanding RL job so I only play on the weekends, and if I get my butt kicked too bad I just go back to empire for a while.. no real problems for me.  I'll never be a hotshot FC or anyone important though.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by x_rast_x

Originally posted by MarkusD

You should give it a go.  From my own experience it seems like it's only a huge timesink if you let it become so.  I'm just a grunt - my obligations are to show up (when I can), do what I'm told, and not ask questions.  I have a demanding RL job so I only play on the weekends, and if I get my butt kicked too bad I just go back to empire for a while.. no real problems for me.  I'll never be a hotshot FC or anyone important though.

I can attest to this.  I've never been a 'powergamer' in EVE.  I play about 2 hours a day or so, sometimes a bit more if I have the time.  I FC because I enjoy leading smaller gangs for roaming fun.  It's not my life and I've never aspired to be an officer or corp CEO or alliance leader (been there, done that in many other games long before EVE even existed, not interested in doing it ever again, too much work).  I just log in when I can, for as long as I have time to, and have fun. 

In fact my limited playstyle is the main reason I fly recon ships and/or try to have a cloak on most ships I fly... if I have to log out before the op is over it's a nice way to be able to be safe... also helps for getting 'home' safely on your own later.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell