Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW... Social and the other stuff!

pingopingo Member UncommonPosts: 608

WoW looks so awsome... But im wondering - Will the game be all like Diablo 2- Just grind and swear with allot of b.net kids?

Do you guys think that since Player housing wont be around until expansions, that people will have fun with other stuff than doing quests? what when you lvl 60 and seen most things...

Will you be able to have fun just chilling in an stormwind inn, with your mates, or will it all be group, raids, pvp or dungeon - get the loot stuff, or quite the game and move on?

cause i remembered, while SWG was not the coolest game with the bugs and stuff, there was a great social aspect. walking into an cantina and having some laughs with a crazy rodian naked dancer or something.. there where allot of that kind of fun!

Im a real noob with Warcraft 3 for an example, and my experience from that is just being called all sorts of racistic names and all kinds of stuff, like im suposed to get  a life and go home and lick my mom - just because im new at the game, and i dont really think i will like that allot if people call me that sort of names for being a noob in WoW:(

Thx for reading mates! Take care:)

-Pingo

Comments

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

I know that sometimes I will just go to an inn and just hang out and talk. Especially during rest times, I will just sit there and swap stories and such with my pals. I wish there was a music Tradeskill so that you can learn to play an instrament, I would learn how to play a guitar and just sit there and strum on it late at night. That would be an awesome addition.

So know that if you go to a Stormwind Inn, you will see me just sitting there having a good time, sometimes. Other times I will be questing and stuff. I'd like to see a strong society that isn't all serious all the time, too.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

I dont think your experience in War3 and WoW will compare. 11 year old kiddies usually dont have access to credit cards, and RPGs in general attract more mature crowds, so you wont be seeing as many 'doodz' as you might in War3 or any other simple online game that doesnt require money to play. Ofcourse there will be kiddies around like in any game, but in mmrpgs its often a better experience than in other online games.

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online

• LoStCaUz3LoStCaUz3 Member Posts: 1,154

Well, Annex. I am a minor and I have quite a ways before anyone would trust me with credit. But I like to think of myself as a mature person for the most part. I try not to flame and make fun of people unless the time calls for it. I like these games because I usually get a long fine with just about everyone and not a lot of people usually have a problem with me.

I for one am glad that my parents are willing to pay my way for these games so that I can play and have fun. So I don't have a problem with kids playing games like these, but as long as they are mature and stuff about it, I think it is okay.

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

Originally posted by Annex1

I dont think your experience in War3 and WoW will compare. 11 year old kiddies usually dont have access to credit cards, and RPGs in general attract more mature crowds, so you wont be seeing as many 'doodz' as you might in War3 or any other simple online game that doesnt require money to play. Ofcourse there will be kiddies around like in any game, but in mmrpgs its often a better experience than in other online games.
    --------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online

I agree completely. Generally in MMORPGs, the community is MUCH better than that of a typical free-online game simply due to the fee. Almost no one would pay to play a game only to get banned the first day due to acting like a moron. There maybe some greedy/immature people playing sometimes but the only time you meet them is once in a blue moon (in most MMORPGs).

If indeed WoW will turnout to have a bad community, all you have to do is find a good guild to stick with and/or solo due to the good mobility solo play has in WoW. I highly doubt you'll find yourself in a position where you cannot interact with anyone due to their obnoxiousness.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

You'll come to find that just about every game has that special someone who just loves to annoy the life out of everyone else. But, in most MMOs I've played, those people are rare and generally weeded out by the clever people that are able to belittle them and drive them into becoming social outcasts - all without saying anything off-color.  To date I have seen maybe three or four people that have been so bad as to have their beta accounts banned - and it usually takes them a good 10 minutes after logging in to find themselves staring at the login screen crying.  The good thing about MMOs is the multiple ways to get around these type of people - from reporting them to simply /ignore'ing them. Most of the 'kiddies' do it for laughs and attention (from what I've seen) and -usually- don't ge tthe same response they would in their free games. Without the attention, they get bored, and fade away / move on.

The game is full of content, Blizz did a great job on just about every detail. While I can't say the quest system is anything groundbreaking, the game is directed toward more action so you're constantly doing -something- and never really bored. Also, there really isn't a -grind- to leveling. I mean, sure you have to go out and kill tons of things, but compared to other games I find it rather easy to move up. Blizz said they'd rather a person enjot their content by making lots of characters than be frustrated with that one character that just won't level past 19.  The game is full of humor too, which is very refreshing in my opinion. From killing things with exploding sheep, to ressurecting your friends with potentially explosive jumper cables.

Every class is a very viable solo class - I've solo'ed a priest to 19, and a rogue to nearly 30 without a problem. (I use these as they're generally the classes people find hard to level solo in other MMOs) The food system keeps you on the move constantly - and rest, while still in need of some changes, keeps even the casual player in the fight.

As far as dungeons and raids, they're said to be playing a large part in the game, but in the recent fanchat, Blizz said they don't plan for raids to be as big as in other games - and that 30 people would probably be able to handle some of the largest raid spots around.

----------

Now, I didn't highlight any downsides. I personally feel that you come to expect certain things from an MMO. I haven't seen anything -new- in the genre in a good while, just new flavors of the old things we all say we want. While I admit, there isn't a whole lot of revolutionary things in WoW, everything comes together really nice. The game is great for relaxed players and hardcore folks alike.

This is just my view of everything from the current point in beta.

• FatalityFatality Member Posts: 49

Firstly i imagine WOW will be full of more mature gamers. The people that go around swearing and generally being abusive most probably wont want to Pay so that the can do the same and then become disliked by the whole of the Warcraft community. The only way to play a MMORPG is to be generous to others and to have a pleasent chat once in a while.

As well as Quests and hunting u can also you can strive to become good at many of the Trade skills in the game for example Fishing, Mining, Cooking and Engineering.

What i like to do a lot of the time is just have a laugh with my mates. Once on another MMORPG i climbed to the tob of a HUGH  hill and then just jumped all the way to the bottom laughing. Theres always something to do.