Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Murder! Intrigue! Mutiny!

TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

Just to give you an idea of the depth of play SQO has to offer:

The entire command of the 2nd Fleet is being tried for conspiracy to commit mutiny right now, as they banded together to defend an insubordinate captain from an arrogant commodore. Several Fleet ships were sabotaged and destroyed and their officers murdered while others betrayed the Alliance to pirates. This isn't some NPC storyline, these are actual player conflicts being resolved within the context of the game.

This is no level grind for uberlewt, this is a living, breathing alternate world where your choices define your character, not your stats, your class or your gear.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the UI needs a ton of work. It's clumsy and it's not intuitive, but while it's a challenge to overcome, you do get used to it and even find it has a few nice touches that other games could pick up on. The point is, give it a shot, and don't be discouraged.

The official forums are a great place to start. It helps to let people know you're coming so they can meet you in-game and guide you through getting started. You'll think you're alone on the server when you first log in, but you're far from it. It's a big galaxy, and people don't tend to hang around on-world for all that long.

Comments

• CreepaCreepa Member Posts: 2

Theo I think that summerized the game quite well.

When I first logged onto the game I took a look around and said what am I doing here? Not being some shallow gamer I decided to figure out why people loved this game so much. I took a look around and found someone who taught me the basics of the game.

It took a while making laser swords with two other people but eventually we got enough to buy a ship. At this point I was addicted. I hadn't even set foot on the ship yet and I was almost shaking from anticipation.

Once on the ship I had to figure out all the systems. Power allocation to every system on the ship. Tactical systems to raise shields and fire on pirates. Sensors to detect other ships in the area. Communications to monitor several different frequencies. Astrogation to navigate through an actual universe. Helm to actually drive the ship. Of course the captains chair who gives orders to all of these systems.THATS ONLY THE BRIDGE!

I'm not going to go into detail of all the systems but each unit can be repaired and tweaked by you. Mix this all in with keeping you're own character in good condition (feed, bathed, ect) you have a game that gets you so wrapped up in it you never want to quit.

If you're a gamer who can only play games that have the worlds best graphics then this game isn't for you. But if you're a gamre who loves open ended games and loves the idea of space exploration then give this game a shot. So give the trial a shot and if you need help stop in the chat or by the forums and just ask.

While I lucked out and got in on the beta of this game. I plan on donation any spare money I have each month to keep making this game better.

• markofroedermarkofroeder Member Posts: 2
    Who are you in game? you don't really join in game for long... I play this game since jan 2006 and we ever do something do solve our own problem :)

• gdrivasgdrivas Member Posts: 23

I hate getting murdered.