Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape is dead. RWTs are still alive.

DivineIcezDivineIcez Member Posts: 21

I dont think jagex knows this but, they didint stop RWTs.

RWTs ask for your account information and logs in as it the makes the money for you.

Weirdest game ive ever played so far.

~DivineIcez~

Comments

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Most of the RWT organizations quit to go play another game, because RWT is much less profitable now. Players don't like to wait while some dude in Asia makes money for them; they want to get money right away.

And how could Jagex possibly not know this? They certainly won't take any drastic action against it, but they run the game and know a lot more about it than we do.

And RuneScape is not dead, if you actually opened your eyes. There were 215k players logged on yesterday morning.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• mike32mike32 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Llamster

Most of the RWT organizations quit to go play another game, because RWT is much less profitable now. Players don't like to wait while some dude in Asia makes money for them; they want to get money right away.
    And how could Jagex possibly not know this? They certainly won't take any drastic action against it, but they run the game and know a lot more about it than we do.
    And RuneScape is not dead, if you actually opened your eyes. There were 215k players logged on yesterday morning.

you REALLY think that the RWTer's would be stopped by a couple of updates.  Please! they profited too much off this game to just quit.  Like divine said, they go on ur accounts and make money for you.  All these updates were is a little bump in the road.  Theres probably other ways for them to make money, and if there aren't, there aren't, they'll find other ways.

• iz8086iz8086 Member Posts: 30

i H8 runescape i dont even know where to start the graphic are the worst ever and the gameplay is rubbish the only reason why lots of people play it is because its free, they have nothing better to do and you dont have to download it . if any one of those player ever play a good ,decect and worth while mmorpg they never play runescape again please please please play another game like flyff, perfect world or even world of warcraft one of my disliked game anyway bye plz vote in my pole

• RaikulRaikul Member Posts: 38

I dont get everyone saying Jagex didn't stop RWT. They never aimed at stopping it entirely, that would be impossible. They severely hampered it though. Don't say they didn't, with the new Quest Point's limiting how much you can trade, the GE limiting prices to 5% above or below there market value, etc, it had to cut it down. It is far from dead, there are just as many people on as there was before the major updates. The people that quit were just the players who couldn't stand change for the good of the game, or were RWT themselves.

• GhostwarriorGhostwarrior Member Posts: 9

Runescape is dead

Jagex cant come up with any new games this one is 6 years old and still out wtf is up with that ?                                 

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

Yea, they didnt stop it all together, i think they should definitely try to broaden their horizons a bit, and maybe try to make another game in a different genre possibly? At the moment, i think Jagex are getting bogged down in their own success, they're trying to make something better, that couldnt really be made better anway.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

No, they did not destroy it .. all they did was reduce the value in runescape gold simply because of the loss of players willing to pay for it. Why would anyone want to pay for anything on a game they just quit? Anyhow if you even Google "runescape" you will get hit with more gold selling sites than you know what to do with. No they don;t just sell gold now, they go on your account and get it for you while you sleep! They will aslo sell you fully stocked accounts, so you just have higher level bots not just the easily spotted lvl 3's. All they accomplished with this was ruin the game so that most your players do not want to play it and make it harder to catch the gold sellers because now they blend easier with other players.

• exel134exel134 Member Posts: 41

theres no point in saying thise people will still play runescape and it will still be popular, its stupid like people care for your opinions and suggestions =.=

hmmmm

• DivineIcezDivineIcez Member Posts: 21

I quit this game and playing Maple Story and FlyFF. Any game besides runescape is good. Most people in my school say club penguin beats runescape.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by DivineIcez

I quit this game and playing Maple Story and FlyFF. Any game besides runescape is good. Most people in my school say club penguin beats runescape.

Well theres one quest in runescape that has more to do than the whole of club penguin so they can't really be intelligent people (no offense).

?

• you can't dis this game unless youv'e played enough of it and are a member, its so much different then being a F2P. There are so many different things you can do that can keep you going for hours. I have a lvl 102 Char with two 99 skills and im still not bored!! IT's great fun, it's been going on for 6 years!! 

Fact: Warcraft is on a hill.... going down. Runescape is the complete opposite. Unless Warcraft's new expansion is just unbelievable(which by all i've heard and saw it won't be much of an additon) runescape is going to take over WoW in the near future....

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by nbeecher

you can't dis this game unless youv'e played enough of it and are a member, its so much different then being a F2P. There are so many different things you can do that can keep you going for hours. I have a lvl 102 Char with two 99 skills and im still not bored!! IT's great fun, it's been going on for 6 years!! 
    Fact: Warcraft is on a hill.... going down. Runescape is the complete opposite. Unless Warcraft's new expansion is just unbelievable(which by all i've heard and saw it won't be much of an additon) runescape is going to take over WoW in the near future....

I can dis this game, I have played  the game longer than you have lol. I had  done every quest in the game, had maxed stats on multiple accounts, and was very very bored after they nerfed trade, wilderness, gambling, and started catering to the lil kiddies who ruin the community. I  was a member, and would not reccomend paying for membership now since the updates  there really is no point in it. Runescape is on the hill, going down alot faster than warcraft lol. The reason Jagex has been hiding the number of players online counter these days is exactly for that reason.  I don;t see the point in playing anymore when you can't even give stuff to your friends. I have no reason to stockpile poorly drawn pixel junk on that game, there becomes a point when you have no need for it, and I enjoyed being able to share it with my friends. They removed the ability for me to be able to do that. I can no longer give out santas on christmas, or halloween masks on halloween. There is no more trick or treating, and randomly walking up to some kid who just started playing and dropping a 100k on them like we used to do.That to me was more fun than earning junk for myself. There is no excitement left in the game, all that is left is boring predictable repetitious tedious tasks. But hey if you actually like Boring repetition and tedious tasks this is right up your alley! to each his own. LOL

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

you can't dis this game unless youv'e played enough of it and are a member, its so much different then being a F2P. There are so many different things you can do that can keep you going for hours. I have a lvl 102 Char with two 99 skills and im still not bored!! IT's great fun, it's been going on for 6 years!! 

Let me start of by saying that I played RuneScape for years...so your point there doesn't make much sense.  The things that keep you going for hours are just boring, rewardless skills, where you just grind away constantly.  Taking no skill, just patience.

Fact:  RuneScape lost 60,000 (most likely more) members while WoW has 10million+ paying subscribers.

• LunethLuneth Member Posts: 63

I played for 4 years, but it's still alot of people who plays the game, so it's not dead. But they lost quite a bit of their players. but at least. not very many bots. And, Their soon releasing a LARGE graphical update. although, i'm not playing it very much now.

• EodkEodk Member Posts: 1

Runescape died because they killed off the main aspects of the game that people were willing to look past the crap graphics for. Examples: "Pure" PvP. Free trade (not having a 30k trade limit). etc.

bai

• enroniasenronias Member UncommonPosts: 6

I logged in just to reply to this. . .

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ok done.

• callmelukecallmeluke Member Posts: 16

runescape has good qeusts though i jsut wish you didnt have to grind for hours to do them and i wish they gave better xp then 2k? i only had 3 real friends in that game because everyone is  a *beep* . i just wish i could have given them my money when i quit ....

runescape sucks

• callmelukecallmeluke Member Posts: 16

only 26 more skills to go. GOOD LUCK!

runescape sucks

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by callmeluke

runescape has good qeusts though i jsut wish you didnt have to grind for hours to do them and i wish they gave better xp then 2k? i only had 3 real friends in that game because everyone is  a *beep* . i just wish i could have given them my money when i quit ....

So you would rather it be more like WoW and just max your skills really early and have nothing to do but raids? I hear lots of complaining that it takes too long to level and xp is low like for quests.

Can I just hear exactly what people would like than from having xp come much faster and maxing out your levels in the game much earlier like WoW? How does that excite people to play RS more than currently where it lasts longer :D

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• mizkormizkor Member Posts: 3

RuneScape is great gameplay, when it comes to Quest's, Character Customization, PvP, Socializing.

I personally have played for 4 years, I've seen how every hater out there bad-mouths the game.

I'm sick of "RuneScape has s**t Graphics" "Up them self noobs"

I think RuneScape has GREAT Graphics, because the full potential of them runs on your ever day graphics card these days.

Go play WoW, best quality Graphics on a laptop... have fun with lag. Do this with R-S, it'll be fine :D

And "up them self noobs" they're just players that get defensive over help, they come with every game. I admit there is the occasional wanker who thinks he or she is better, but be smarter then them, leave them to hate, and go get some XP's :D

RuneScape is not dead.

+ those who say JaGeX should cut their losses and make a new game!

They are! MechScape, go use the google machine :D

Actually I'm still not against runescape dying. I've been seeing rants on the official forums(from members who have been playing the game for years) finding the changes Jagex making killing the game. But it was all on deaf ears. The graphics do really need an update. WoW graphics on low work on my laptop perfectly and my laptop wasn't even made for gaming. Most computers now days can run WoW on low so it would be no different with Runescape. Where else is all our members money going.

I'm just specifically pointing out to those that always complain about it taking too long to skill. What would they rather have than by having the game skill fast like WoW and maxing your skills completely realy fast. Please tell me how it will be more fun for them that way than making the game last longer.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

The answer is simple. Variety. When a game is just clickin and always clickin to do everything it's a no good game.

Originally posted by mizkor

RuneScape is great gameplay, when it comes to Quest's, Character Customization, PvP, Socializing.
    I personally have played for 4 years, I've seen how every hater out there bad-mouths the game.
    I'm sick of "RuneScape has s**t Graphics" "Up them self noobs"
    I think RuneScape has GREAT Graphics, because the full potential of them runs on your ever day graphics card these days.
    Go play WoW, best quality Graphics on a laptop... have fun with lag. Do this with R-S, it'll be fine :D
    And "up them self noobs" they're just players that get defensive over help, they come with every game. I admit there is the occasional wanker who thinks he or she is better, but be smarter then them, leave them to hate, and go get some XP's :D
    RuneScape is not dead.
    + those who say JaGeX should cut their losses and make a new game!
    They are! MechScape, go use the google machine :D

Mechscape? It's already may and where's mechscape?

Originally posted by Blissey

The answer is simple. Variety. When a game is just clickin and always clickin to do everything it's a no good game.

Yes but what does this have to do with getting your skills to grow faster? I'm specifically asking about people who complain they want you to get more xp. Why do people enjoy maxing out there levels super fast and than having nothing to do(except raids in WoW's case)?

I agree variety is a huge thing RS needs. One of their biggest flaws. Also graphics because most computers can easily run WoW on low, so why can't RS upgrade to atleast WoW levels of graphics? It's alright though let them continue on their caring for money only path because the competitors are in the works who actually care for the game itself and it's community.

Originally posted by avneet

Originally posted by Blissey

Yes but what does this have to do with getting your skills to grow faster? I'm specifically asking about people who complain they want you to get more xp. Why do people enjoy maxing out there levels super fast and than having nothing to do(except raids in WoW's case)?

I agree variety is a huge thing RS needs. One of their biggest flaws. Also graphics because most computers can easily run WoW on low, so why can't RS upgrade to atleast WoW levels of graphics? It's alright though let them continue on their caring for money only path because the competitors are in the works who actually care for the game itself and it's community.

Runescape is good as it is man. It is a ready-2-play ready-2-pay game for a lot of people. Most of these people are kids and those teen age noob-calling ppl from the youtube community. Without runescape, what would they do? Well, we know as adults that runescape is nothing but a piece of trash, but kids would get ecstatic over runescape! I could imagine one right now with a grin on it's face licking his pixel money like it was ice cream. jagex knows the mindset and psychology of kids pretty well. Just check out them latest updates. "leprechauns" "damn spam filters" "splatpoints improvement". HELL, I ain't seen nothing major since he came in. Talking about improvement. They COULD scrap the whole damn overused beaten like a damn dead horse idea of medieval fantasy creatures and start adding harder human opponents armed with  16thcentury guns. That's right. Alot of people are tired of the pokemon- turn-based combat and the crappy animations. Talkin' about graphics.  I would normally say that Java is in itself capable of imitating the texture quality of other client based games. They CAN do it but the fucking purpose of the game(fast access) would be destroyed. I bet the kind of character textures theyre using now is probably around the size of 1kb each. Hell, let's see...the size of my cache folder is 80MB so I estimate the textures should be around the size of 5kb each although I have no idea about the poly count. Now for WoW ,blizzard art challenge  stated WOW characters have a 2000 max poly count so I would guess the characters are from 500-1200 polys max. I get this from looking at the legs and arms which look like they have five or six segments max (around), and the hands only have the index finger seperate. The rest of the hand is solid. All-in-all it is what makes WoW look like makin a hamburger with raw materials and firewood, and makes runescape look like mcdonalds. SO that is runescapes advantage. One thing jagex COULD do to improve the graphics is to FOCUS ON THE CHARACTER and the character animations. Mr.Gower, forget about the fucking monsters, who fuckin cares if the leprechaun is gonna bite your dick off if you don't make it look nicer. Please, change the character textures! THEY LOOK AWFUL! I would recommend taking a look at EL's models for a start.