Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Server to Kunark, Velious, Luclin, or PoP? (Poll)

13»

Comments

• MaselocMaseloc Member Posts: 175

Up to and including Velious, no further and you have my sub.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by starman999

If they had not introduced auction houses it would have been fine but for the good of commerce and the player economy as well as the social aspects of it I think Velious is where it should stop.

QFE!!!!

Auction houses and auction toons is what killed EQ for me back in the day. Because it allowed the common noob to inflate or deflate the worth of an item because they wanted quick cash.

Stop it at Velious or Kunark. Either is fine with me and I'd come back in a heart beat and even pay for 2 accounts!!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• LidaneLidane Member CommonPosts: 2,300

Well, so much for SOE ever making any sort of Classic server that only includes certain expansions and ignores others. I think it's safe to say that idea is dead. From the EQ Dev Chat Log:

MMORPG_Taera: k9wazere.1 asks, Hi =) Is there a possibility of a new "Classic" server, and how would it be implemented? As the previous progression servers, or something different?"

EQ_Rashere: There are a lot of different definitions of “Classic EQ”, but even taking a broad approach, we don’t have plans to implement any new servers that would fall into those categories. We have been kicking around the idea of launching a new server (and to be perfectly clear, it’s just an idea at this point), but the closest they have come to a classic server would be ideas revolving around variants on the progression server.

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/1721/gameID/9