Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Anyone Really Surprised? Study Finds Bush Is Biggest Liar.

8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Telling us what we already knew:

The US was lied to or fed mis-information which ever way you would like to spin it, in order to get  public and political support for a war that never needed to happen.  Well it needed to happen for the Bush family and other "oil families" to make huge profits.

CLICKY FOR LINK

An excerpt:

"The actions taken in 2003 were based on the collective judgment of intelligence agencies around the world," Stanzel said.

The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.

"It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaida," according to Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith of the Fund for Independence in Journalism staff members, writing an overview of the study. "In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."

Named in the study along with Bush were top officials of the administration during the period studied: Vice President Dick Cheney, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and White House press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.

Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida."

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Comments

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

Yes bush is an evil lying bastard.  Never trust anyone who has a cocaine history.  But I don’t blame Bush for anything he does; I blame the people that voted for him, every single one of them. 

• josereynajosereyna Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by GreenChaos

Yes bush is an evil lying bastard.  Never trust anyone who has a cocaine history.  But I don’t blame Bush for anything he does; I blame the people that voted for him, every single one of them. 

did you not here? he is a lier which means he lied to about every 1 if people would of known him like he is now, he would of lost the only reason he was voted for the second time was because people were too afraid that scince Bush made a big mess terrorist would attack the U.S with him out of power, people just wanted him to fix the mess he did

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

I did a search, lie, or lied does not appear once in that article.

False != lie

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

Originally posted by 8hammer8

Telling us what we already knew:
    The US was lied to or fed mis-information which ever way you would like to spin it, in order to get  public and political support for a war that never needed to happen.  Well it needed to happen for the Bush family and other "oil families" to make huge profits.
    CLICKY FOR LINK
    An excerpt:
    "The actions taken in 2003 were based on the collective judgment of intelligence agencies around the world," Stanzel said.
    The study counted 935 false statements in the two-year period. It found that in speeches, briefings, interviews and other venues, Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to produce or obtain them or had links to al-Qaida or both.
    "It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaida," according to Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith of the Fund for Independence in Journalism staff members, writing an overview of the study. "In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."
    Named in the study along with Bush were top officials of the administration during the period studied: Vice President Dick Cheney, national security adviser Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Colin Powell, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and White House press secretaries Ari Fleischer and Scott McClellan.
    Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida."
    how short our memory is.  heres some more lies for you

Who said this and when:

"The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world.

The best way to end that threat once and for all is with a new Iraqi government -- a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people. Bringing change in Baghdad will take time and effort. We will strengthen our engagement with the full range of Iraqi opposition forces and work with them effectively and prudently.

The decision to use force is never cost-free. Whenever American forces are placed in harm's way, we risk the loss of life. And while our strikes are focused on Iraq's military capabilities, there will be unintended Iraqi casualties."

Bill Clinton on the eve  of his impeachment trial.

in america, in order to go to war you need congresses permission. well, they saw the same evidence clinton and bush saw and 98% chose the war path.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

now wait, let me also add this.

I am not suggesting cheney, bush, rumsfeld and powell (a black guy in the republican cabinet) wernt eager for the war. I am only suggesting they did not invent saddam refusing to let the UN inspectors in...and it did not happen overnight..there were 2 years leading up to the war with all that UN red tape of resolution #32334542

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by hazmats

I did a search, lie, or lied does not appear once in that article.
    False != lie
    An important distinction to make...I thought that it might be something a little bit interesting...like a study about his body language or something...not more liberal rhetoric.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

I am not suggesting cheney, bush, rumsfeld and powell (a black guy in the republican cabinet) wernt eager for the war. I am only suggesting they did not invent saddam refusing to let the UN inspectors in...and it did not happen overnight..there were 2 years leading up to the war with all that UN red tape of resolution #32334542

blueberryhaze:

a) why did you feel the need to differenciate Colin powell

b) they not invent him refusing, but they invented the fact that there was a connection to al-quida and hence an imminent threat to the US

Hazmat:

As I stated..."the US was lied to or fed mis-information however you choose to spin it"  Yes the article does not mention lying but I am allowed to give my own view of what I am reading.  Either way he was the largest and most prominent mouth-piece for the mis-information spewed to the US public.  Yes this information was given to him, but he is the president and had the power to ask, do we have all of the information and is it 100% confirmed.  You would think he would want that before deciding to send my friends and family off to war.  Instead he went off bad info because it served his own purpose.

Draenor:

I love you man.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• hazmatshazmats Member Posts: 1,081

Originally posted by Nasica

Originally posted by hazmats I did a search, lie, or lied does not appear once in that article.
    False != lie
    Instead of just pressing cntrl+f, try reading the article.

"Bush and administration officials stated unequivocally on at least 532 occasions"
    cntr+f != comprehension

does the article say: "President Bush knew X, but said the opposite in public." If not, it's not a lie. He was wrong, I think we knew that a few years ago. Calling him a liar is bending the truth unless you can prove he knew something and said something else.

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

Iraq is Enron, and President Bush is Ken Lay. He's fighting a war with phony accounting tricks.
    The Bush administration fudged the numbers to get us into Iraq, and cooked the books to keep us there.
    "The surge" is simply another in a long series of inflated stock quotes.
    And just like with Enron, the good men and women who are blowing the whistle on Iraq contractor fraud are being vilified, fired, demoted, and those are the lucky ones.

pres nixon in trouble for 1973 wire taping the dem hq, Pres Bush wiretaps the entire country (2001.)
    sat there 7 min after told 'the country is at war/under attack (2001, 2900 dead, still no Freedom Tower;)
    Mission Accomplished (GW2:Mar-May 2003, 173KIA; Afghan Oct 2001, 760KIA;)
    outing cia agent (July 2003; libby [Assist to Pres, Chief of staff VP] convicted Mar 2007, Pres Bush commuted him July 2007;)
    abu ghraib (2004, torture;)
    not getting #2obl (2005,#4;)
    katrina (Aug 2005 cat 5, 1800 dead;)
    trying to appoint his cleaning lady to supreme court (Oct 2005;)
    tried to sell US ports to arabs (Feb 2006;)
    walter reed (Feb 2007, neglect;)
    alberto gonzales (2005-2007, incompetence;)

one can NOT have **LL **IT without BUSH

edit... only about 360 days left till 20 Jan. 2009 !

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Did any of you listen to John Karry or Gore give a speech when they where running against Bush...and You wonder why He got a elected.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

blueberryhaze:

b) they not invent him refusing, but they invented the fact that there was a connection to al-quida and hence an imminent threat to the US

Hazmat:

As I stated..."the US was lied to or fed mis-information however you choose to spin it"  Yes the article does not mention lying but I am allowed to give my own view of what I am reading.  Either way he was the largest and most prominent mouth-piece for the mis-information spewed to the US public.  Yes this information was given to him, but he is the president and had the power to ask, do we have all of the information and is it 100% confirmed.  You would think he would want that before deciding to send my friends and family off to war.  Instead he went off bad info because it served his own purpose.

Draenor:

I love you man.

I felt the need to seperate Powell because of earlier threads regarding GOP and how they are rascist (insert condi rice here)

This is a folly argument. why? do you not know?

ok, here goes.

BJ Clinton was impeached over Monica.

Harry Waxman with his new found powers is investigating EVERY square inch of the bush admin and has been for a year.  in this hostile dem vs rep iraq war thing, proof would be flying to the new york times.until that happens ill realize the world and the elitist who run it, are not that complicated. like any other big issue in this country, social security, health care, the war, abortion, immigration...you simply draw the line and choose sides for votes. 

leading up to the war there was stuff coming out of the bullsh1t machine that intoxicated a nation. overwhelming support for the war hence 98% congressional approval for the war.

was it true? ask harry waxman

once the going got tough and the war wasn't over in 60 minutes like american idol, people(our representatives) chose sides and politicized an issue.  you were puppeteered by the media conglomerates who are spoon fed bullsh1t. wether you know it or not, they gave you the opinion you have today.

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

blueberryhaze:

Hazmat:

Draenor:

I love you man.

I felt the need to seperate Powell because of earlier threads regarding GOP and how they are rascist (insert condi rice here)

This is a folly argument. why? do you not know?

ok, here goes.

BJ Clinton was impeached over Monica.

Harry Waxman with his new found powers is investigating EVERY square inch of the bush admin and has been for a year.  in this hostile dem vs rep iraq war thing, proof would be flying to the new york times.until that happens ill realize the world and the elitist who run it, are not that complicated. like any other big issue in this country, social security, health care, the war, abortion, immigration...you simply draw the line and choose sides for votes. 

leading up to the war there was stuff coming out of the bullsh1t machine that intoxicated a nation. overwhelming support for the war hence 98% congressional approval for the war.

was it true? ask harry waxman

once the going got tough and the war wasn't over in 60 minutes like american idol, people(our representatives) chose sides and politicized an issue.  you were puppeteered by the media conglomerates who are spoon fed bullsh1t. wether you know it or not, they gave you the opinion you have today.

The planes hitting those towers made this all possible

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

that's correct. and than came 'the bush doctrine' of pre emptive war. it's a whole 'nother ideology which must first be looked at by studying human history. there was plenty of hard proof of hitler's guilt. still none of Bush's. however, i did hear bush was compared to hitler by a sitting US senator and or congressman.

you know what? at it's most sinister, this was a war of opportunity. that prick had it coming