Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play two accounts at the same time?

BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267

Play two accounts at the same time?

Can you do that?

Played:
From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

Comments

• CarthagenianCarthagenian Member Posts: 18

Yes, you sure can, people do it all the time. Since the free accounts don't require payment info you can whip out as many as you want.

Two premium accounts is more difficult, but still doable, I have one through my credit card, and another through paypal

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Carthagenian

Yes, you sure can, people do it all the time. Since the free accounts don't require payment info you can whip out as many as you want.

Two premium accounts is more difficult, but still doable, I have one through my credit card, and another through paypal

But how do I play them both at the same time?

When I try to start it again (on same computer) it tells me its runing.

Star Wars Galaxies had a way to play two accounts on same computer, maybe there is a way for SL too. (?)

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• SundiverSundiver Member CommonPosts: 27
    To run multiple instances of SL:

1.: Right-click the shortcut to SL, click properties.

2.: In the "Target" path field, add this at the end: -multiple - and

3.: Click OK and now you can run multiple instances of the SL client.

It will slow your system down so much you can hardly use it for anything else without one of the clients (or all) crashing, though. So, maybe you'd want to look at a text-based client instead.

SLEEK is one of those. Open source text-based SL client:

SLEEK
    Originally posted by Sundiver

It will slow your system down so much you can hardly use it for anything else without one of the clients (or all) crashing, though. So, maybe you'd want to look at a text-based client instead.

SLEEK

Sweet! Thanks a lot!

Played:

No problem at all. It's working great. Thanks again.

Played:

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167

If Second Life causes your computer to "Lag" its time to upgrade this game is completely outdated and uses very little of the current Quad-Core CPU / Quad-Crossfire / Tri-Sli systems.

• MallaienMallaien Member Posts: 2

I t uses very little of a quad core but 100% of a single core.  this program is hard on a slow system. I run it with XP, on a 1.8 Ghz and its taxing my system. Don't even try running 2 at the same time without at least a duel core. minimizing the the play window will lower CPU use, if your not using both instances at the same time.

• PnutButtHerPnutButtHer Member Posts: 1

SLEEK

i tried doing this but tells me that its not valid what do i do?imageimage(oh btw im playing allods online dont ask how i got here lol)

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

I thought I saw an option in the latest viewer 2 to run multiple clients. Before my PC was killed by a a storm, I logged on to like 6 accounts at a time (it was a dual core 3.0ghz, 9800 gt 512mb i think and only 3GB of ram. You dont even really need a below average gfx card to run SL. 

Don't ask why I used 6 alts at once. 

• ThornythorThornythor Member CommonPosts: 1
    Sundiver said:

SLEEKi tried  the link and it dose not work, but more importantly i tried the edet, but it says that won't work, i added 
    -multiple -
    and even -multiple-
    but answer is still the same after pressing it, any sujestions?