Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unbelievable

StoneHawkStoneHawk Member Posts: 2
I can't believe they're even listing Furcadia AT ALL on this place--

or maybe what I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE is that it has THAT HIGH a user rating!

Furcadia isn't a GAME; it's a graphical chatroom at best and an okay
environment to run games IN. As in, freeform RP -or- Dungeons and
Dragons or other tabletop dice-rollers. OTHERWISE, furcadia is a tool
for interpreting something YOU want to build, like a castle or a town
or even your own home; and the architectural capabilities of furcadia
are REALLY LOW.

The downsides of furc are thus: there is NO system, there is NO organizatoin, there are NO RULES except 'don't grief'.

The downsides reduce furcadia to a clean slate of ZEROness.

But there are upsides; furcadia is an environment that covers a social and cultural niche.

If you have no imagination, furcadia will mean nothing to you.

If you have no patience, furcadia will mean nothing to you.

If you have no creativity, furcadia will mean nothing to you.

If you have no maturity, furcadia will mean nothing to you.

If you don't like furries, Furcadia will mean even LESS to you >.<

If you ARE patient, mature, imaginative, and creative, furcadia is a
method by which one may give their fantasies a form, tell a story, or
make friends. But it is a very undeveloped environment. Giving it a try
won't hurt, but...

...you might not get much from it.

Comments

• GregKellerGregKeller Member Posts: 3
    I'm truely astonished this would be here as well...  In a bad way.

• S1lent5amS1lent5am Member Posts: 4

You get what you pay for people if you can't have an open
    mind to new things then I highly suggest that you go back and live under
    the rocks in which you came.  To enjoy
    Furcadia one must come with an open mind one that does not simply classify things
    into there lowest common denominator like most new people that set foot inside
    Furcadia.  Sure it is just a glorified
    chat room but is that not what most MMORPGs are just chat room that happens to
    have a game attached to it.  Please with
    all do respect I if I am wrong on this then please correct the statement that all
    mmorpgs are just chat rooms that happen to have games attached to them.  

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by S1lent5am

Furcadia one must come with an open mind one that does not simply classify things
    all do respect I if I am wrong on this then please correct the statement that all

No, you are wrong. An mmorpg is a GAME with chat channels to talk to your teammates or others while you are playing the game. Otherwise, everyone would not care about the game as long as they could chat. If you like Furcadia, more power to you. But do not expect the majority of the people here to even consider Furcadia as nothing more than a chatting room for perverts and juveniles. how the hell can you have adult rooms with characters that are animals unless there is something fundamentally wrong with you to begin with? (This statement was toward the creators of the game and those who engage in the adult chat rooms, not you specifically,S1lentSam).

An mmorpg is a Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing GAME, not a mmorpc or Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Chatroom. There's MSN and Yahoo for that::::07::

• StoneHawkStoneHawk Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by S1lent5am

No,
    you are wrong. An mmorpg is a GAME with chat channels to talk to your
    teammates or others while you are playing the game. Otherwise, everyone
    would not care about the game as long as they could chat. If you like
    Furcadia, more power to you. But do not expect the majority of the
    people here to even consider Furcadia as nothing more than a chatting
    room for perverts and juveniles. how the hell can you have adult rooms
    with characters that are animals unless there is something
    fundamentally wrong with you to begin with? (This statement was toward
    the creators of the game and those who engage in the adult chat rooms,
    not you specifically,S1lentSam).

An mmorpg is a
    Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing GAME, not a mmorpc or
    Massively Multi-player Online Role Playing Chatroom. There's MSN and
    Yahoo for that::::07::

I agree with both of you.

S1lent was right to say that it is REQUIRED for someone to have an open
    mind and an active imagination to effectively appreciate furcadia. I
    would be MORE comfortable with agreeing with him, though, if he had
    slightly better grammar and spelling >.>

and Zorvan was right to say that MMOs are GAMES with chat channels tagged on.

I'm a little skeptical from personal experience about its pervert
    exclusivity though. I've found through my time there that Furcadia is
    composed roughly of 40% perverts, 35% people who tolerate the perverts,
    15% people who are oblivious, and 10% griefers who revel in mocking the
    perverts, framing the tolerants as perverts, and chasing around the
    clueless ones with horror stories of the "75%" pervert population.

However, anthropomorphic charicters are as old as time itself. As
    demonized as they are by CSI and MTV and just about every 'normal'
    person out there, we are infested inextricably with FURRIES in our
    culture even without people who get a hard-on from it. Micky mouse?
    Furry. Bugs Bunny? Furry. Chester Cheetah? Furry. Felix the Cat? Furry.
    And those are the modern ones. Let's not forget nearly EVERY
    prehistoric pantheon. Egypt, India, Africa, Native America.

Furcadia is just a modern day extension onto it, and it's only a tiny
    sliver of the massive multi-million-participant
    mindset/community/sometimes-lifestyle that is the Furry Fandom.

(And this was all in response to "how the hell can you have adult rooms
    with characters that are animals unless there is something
    fundumentally wrong with you to begin with?" assertion)

However, I agree that furcadia is NOT an MMORPG.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664
    yes u need pateince but it is a MMORPG

u just have to learn the ropes and enjoy the virtual furries as they are.

Very helpful people you will find to help you learn how to get around.

Chat room, yes... mostly but there are visual virtial reality places that you can build.

Kinda like Worlds Chat ..sorta... and with furries
  • ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621
    Originally posted by jesuriah

{ Mod Edit }

Oh, you're quite wrong there, the term "furry" is normally used to determine art in which people draw themselves and others as anthromorphic animals, furries are as likely to show you perverted things as manga drawers are (and indeed, what hentai is to manga, yiffy is to furries)

In the above sense you could classify most anthromorphic cartoon characters as furries, cause that's what furries in all essence are, characters that would fit into a cartoon (or manga/anime if you want, as many furries are drawn in the manga style)

I see furries to be perfectly normal people with a quirk for seeing themselves in a more beastly light, so to speak.

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

Last time I played Furcadia (yeeeears ago) it was a MMORPG.
    It's Massive,
    Multiplay
    Roleplaying
    and finally, it IS a game as it involves things like chess and other things.

So, why exactly shouldn't it be here? Because YOU don't enjoy it?

edit: and 'furry' doesn't mean 'beastiality' so, shush.

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• Razputin50Razputin50 Member Posts: 4

I looked at the game and i was apalled. It had the most DISGUSTING community and was just not fun to play. I deleted it as fast as i downloaded it. *Vomits*

• OlsonatorOlsonator Member Posts: 61

true bout the horrible community i was bored once and thought hey why not some spots are so dead it was a virtual ghost town they had a mcdonalds and there was only one person there and they worked the drivethough and they sat there doing nuthing there was a comman to hocnk the horn i probadly honked about 20-50 times till i got a responce out of them and this was all it was "???" literally me and my friend went to another place and we got yelled at for followign rules it was a RP place and we RP'ed and well they weren't happy with the many funny jokes they have no sence of humor. so yeah i also searched the map to see where the entire comunity was and guess where i found them in the adult sections. sad truely sad. and yes i deleted it the verry next 5 mintutes i started.

• alenbobialenbobi Member Posts: 15

Is this an MMO ?? OMFG look at just LOTRO or something else.....Why this game is in the game list ??? OMG:.....

• WilowahWilowah Member Posts: 1

Sorry, but I am not going to agree with Zorvan. As for people's comments of how unworthy Furcadia is to be on this list, keywords in MMORPG: Roleplaying Game. There is nothing in there that says it must have a leveling system or programmed in quests to do all day...

One could even argue that none of the other games on this list are worthy, since there's aboslutely little to no serious roleplaying in most of those games!

As for the 5 minutes then gone moment, to really feel and experience all the aspects in Furcadia, one most spend at least a few days on it. It is sad, but true, that the best roleplaying parts of the game are hard to come by, especially if they are without perversion.

Before I listen to any negative comment that someone has to say about Furcadia, they have to have absolutely no generalizations in their argument - and that is where Zorvan (sorry to pick you out), and most others, are at fault.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I have used Furcadia for the past 5 years. Off and on while playing other MMOs and games of course.

How ever. I have found no MMO that is more suitable for RPing than this game. That's the sad but true part.

Sure it has barely any thing out of the RPing factor. I love my games like WoW where there is action, PVP, leveling up and the like. But after I get that fix, some times I crave for an RP. Furcadia is the one to satisfy that craving. Not to mention it is free and with modifiable worlds to suit your RP.

A balance of every thing never goes wrong and until you can show me a game that has every thing. Don't disregard Furcadia as unworthy when rarely any other MMO caters to Role Players as well as this game.

I used to dwell in this game because it used to be one of the only games my computer could run. But now I have a decent gaming rig and seen the best: I still return to Furcadia for my Role Play fix.

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

Burn this from the list its basically crap.

• truerune777truerune777 Member Posts: 44

This almost as bad as habbo hotel...

You have two choices,Die quick or Live tortured...choose wisely...I'll make you regret either choice

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Can't believe this thread is still going a year and 4 months later. And I still stick by what I posted back in '06.

• LunarheartsLunarhearts Member Posts: 29

This game has last for 12 years already, so i think it is usual if this thread has still worked after nearly 2 years !

Lady_Killer

• ccd111ccd111 Member Posts: 1

Furcadia is horrible so i decided to uninstall it or whatever then it said "the Furcadia game has been uninstalled but just in case we left everything else Furcadia linked on your computer" and it won't let me uninstall it its stupid

• joed94joed94 Member Posts: 8

I used to play Furcadia all the time it auctally influenced somewhat of me being a furry. What do I like about this game over others games? It's auctally takes you ,and throws you in your own world to build whatever your mind wants too.  A lot of the people running to this forum saying it sucks are probaly the younger age group of critics who are trying to basically say "YER GRAPHK SUC GT SHINE"  ,and a lot of Furcadia players will pretty much say no. Why? Cause our game is too make our own world and not have all of you little kids come screaming like banshies trying to kill every little animal you come across just to complete some quest.

As for your comment in front stating how you see it....

If you have no imagination, why the hell are you playing roleplay games or mmorpg's for that matter?

If you have no creativity, don't play video games or learn to fricking imagine.....

If you have no patience, go catfishing and try to spend two hours waiting for a bite....

If your not mature, don't even play games cause I don't need twelve year old pre-puberty boys screaming at the top of their lungs.

If you don't like furries, thats how you roll ,and I don't care. Just don't come into my setting and try to change things.

If you have all things fine, you should be able to play this game ,and not worry about the shiny little colors.  If you don't like it, don't bitch. If you like it, cool play some more I hope to see you sometime.

Also in the factors your posting in all caps I'm quite sure at this point your most likly a little boy who is upset that this game isn't like WoW. If thats the case, you shouldn't be sitting on these forums only to be a troll to other  players who respect Furcadia for it's roleplaying and social factors.

Also, yes I am a furry....

• CloudberryCloudberry Member UncommonPosts: 16

...Honestly, I used to have this game. I had a rabbit character, but it's pretty hard to have the patience to set up EVERY single world you make, no matter how amazingly creative you are. And I know of some creative people. Hell, most furries I know (including me) find this game boring, since all you do is type. And type. And type. And click here. And click in the exact same spot. And type some more. That's more boring than making original tile sets, which I'd rather do than sit and watch my character just stand motionless while I type.

This is literally just a social visual chatroom, just like Gaia Online--which actually has more to offer than just clicking to walk everywhere. Furcadia has pretty much nothing except point-and-click motion, and isn't the LEAST bit exciting at all. You can't even interact with anything in the area.

It's a wonder it's even stayed up and running for so long at all. And that's coming from a furry

*KABOOOOOM*
    ...Whoops, was that how I was supposed to do that?