Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion VS A.O.C.

I really want to spend money on a good game but i`m not decided , what do u say?

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

With all the focus of hype on WAR or AoC. It makes you wonder if AION or Spellborne will play a sleeper role.

Fact is you dont see a lot of spellborne or AION posts outside those forums.

Torrential

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

I'm going with AoC in this poll for a number of reasons.

1) We know a bit more about the particulars of AoC's game play, from single player to multiplayer. From PVE to PVP. We got a pretty good over view despite it still being in beta.

2) Much of the IP in AoC is well known, and it seems they're sticking to the original author's designs, which is a plus considering how significant the Conan series was on fantasy literature.

3) Funcom has been more forthright about the particular status of their game than most other developers in the same position, even their publisher (EIDOS) went out on a limb and pushed back the release date to truly finalize the product (it was slated for release in October of 2007...). You don't get that sort of honesty from a developer that doesn't care about their reputation or their product(s).

-- Brede

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

At this point, I would not be surprised if Aion both comes out before AoC and is more successful, both in the West and the East (it obviously will win in the East - AoC has a snowball's chance in hell there with the lore, theme, and graphics it has).

I cannot tell you which to purchase, however. Just pick the one that seems best to you at launch - obvious advice, but it is true. I would not let the opinions of fanboys here colour your opinion too much, though some objective reviews can be of help.

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Follow the game that takes your interest - gaming mechanics, setting, etc - by perusing the respective forums (under 'Games in Development'), and come back upon release. Too early to judge whether these titles will deliver.

You cannot make a direct comparison between Aion and AoC because you're comparing apples to oranges (to use a time-worn metaphor).

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Who the hell is Aion? No, really, what game is that? And why would you want to play it?

• DrakeAirDrakeAir Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Sornin

At this point, I would not be surprised if Aion both comes out before AoC and is more successful, both in the West and the East (it obviously will win in the East - AoC has a snowball's chance in hell there with the lore, theme, and graphics it has).
    I cannot tell you which to purchase, however. Just pick the one that seems best to you at launch - obvious advice, but it is true. I would not let the opinions of fanboys here colour your opinion too much, though some objective reviews can be of help.
    AoC will be released befor Aion i think. Aion is hopfully going to be released the last half of 2008

i cant wait for Aion it may be made by a Korean company but they want to make it for both western AND eastern themes so well i guess you will have to try the game befor you start questioning yourself why you would play it or saying its crap :) there is alot of nice features in AoC but for some reason i have a feeling Aion i will enjoy better but we will see

look up some info on www.aionsource.com

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488

Among all the MMORPG titles mentioned to release this year, I am most interested in Aion, but I tend to avoid getting into games that are hyped by communities in these types of forums!

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Im going for Aion.

nihilum.mousesports.com/en/article/33,aion_preview/

read that and understand why, no promises, no need for an exaggerated hype of nothing concrete, facts, at an early stage.

Don't let prejudices blur your vision, I don't need to post anything against AoC (which i've been following from the first clan of conan mailing) to show you why Aion is my bet, I prefer to show you why Aion is my bet.

You probably won't find someone who has done such a huge research in both titles as i've done, for a pair of years already.

• IijsIijs Member Posts: 457

Originally posted by curiindi

Among all the MMORPG titles mentioned to release this year, I am most interested in Aion, but I tend to avoid getting into games that are hyped by communities in these types of forums!

And when exactly will Aion's English version release?

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Iijs

Originally posted by curiindi

And when exactly will Aion's English version release?

When a representative mentioned in Aion forums that English release is planned for second half of 2008, my rough guess was October 21!

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

Aion definitely.  I'm glad to see it come up in a topic here as well, it truly doesn't get the attention it deserves

• DrakeAirDrakeAir Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by N1ghtsta1ker

Aion definitely.  I'm glad to see it come up in a topic here as well, it truly doesn't get the attention it deserves

i totaly agree :)

• candygirl6candygirl6 Member Posts: 412

Aion if you're emo and the thought of you being gay has crossed your mind.

AOC if your bed is located in the basement and you go to the movies with your dad.

I pick Aion~.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

If you like asian mmo's with candy graphics then Aion is for you. Then again if you like blood and not so high-fantasy setting, then AoC is for you.

There is so little information about Aion available, I cannot understand why people are jumping to greet it like it is second coming of Jesus. :D

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Zodan

If you like asian mmo's with candy graphics then Aion is for you. Then again if you like blood and not so high-fantasy setting, then AoC is for you.
    There is so little information about Aion available, I cannot understand why people are jumping to greet it like it is second coming of Jesus. :D

Aion has more than 300 player-made videos out of beta footage, deep beta reviews without a nazi NDA, how the hell can you say theres so little information about aion lol. You just need to research a bit, though, since MMORPG.com won't put it in the front page for you.

• candygirl6candygirl6 Member Posts: 412

Originally posted by Ephimero

Aion has more than 300 player-made videos out of beta footage, how the hell can you say theres so little information about aion lol. You just need to research a bit, though, since MMORPG.com won't put it in the front page for you.

Yes, there's tons of info about the game.

I mean this in a non-sarcastic tone, there just is.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Other: The Chronicles of spellborn.

Because: Its a new fresh take to the level/class item grind MMO style.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Aion looks very nice, but I think it might just be another Asian grindfest...

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

Aion

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Draccan

That's because you haven't done enough research on it. Aion is trying to avoid grinding as much as possible.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Aion is just another grindfest, you cant compare it with AoC

• wandererchanwandererchan Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Draccan

That's because you haven't done enough research on it. Aion is trying to avoid grinding as much as possible.

QFT. i going with Aion as well.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Kilmar

Aion is just another grindfest, you cant compare it with AoC

Aside from the fact that you're completely off, I find it quite ironic that a Vanguard player is complaining about a grindfest.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Dunno about Aion. I might just check it out when it releases...I usually at least take a peak at games when they come out.

AOC won't come out until WAR does, or right around then, I'm guessing Halloween to Christmas timeframe of 2008 for both of those titles.

So if Aion ends up releasing well before then..might as well give it a shot. If they release at the same time as AOC...it is honestly up to your personal preference of game, really. YOu can easily read up on both of them, but I'd wait for more beta reviews closer to release.

D.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by candygirl6

Originally posted by Ephimero

Aion has more than 300 player-made videos out of beta footage, how the hell can you say theres so little information about aion lol. You just need to research a bit, though, since MMORPG.com won't put it in the front page for you.

Yes, there's tons of info about the game.

I mean this in a non-sarcastic tone, there just is.

I went to the official site and the next top 2 sites after googling AION "www.aiononline.com" and "www.aionsource.com", none really have detailed information. Sure, lots of screen-shots, lots of class/skills description, most of which is an opinion of the fan that posted that info.

NC soft is not really famous for groundbreaking games, most of its games (except for Tabula Rasa perhaps) feature a lot of grind. I doubt Aion will be hugely different from their previous games.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage