Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is becoming anotherone from the rest??

enteartemaenteartema Member Posts: 7

This game was a very cool game a year ago, or 2 or what ever, but  jagex is screwing up this game, what im trying to say is that an year ago if u were playing rs u needed to be very carefoul, with trades, with lending stuffs, with the places u viseted and those things, now days that fun is lost, u can go where u want and any others player can't att u can't lose your stuff if u die, at least like before. so now days players aren't worried if they die, in old times was prretty taugh to die, i mean, lot of things were lost. now that is lost....its just becoming a play station game...

Comments

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

With good pking gone, not losing items when u die (unless in bh), and merchanting pretty much gone, the game is becoming more like other MMO's.  After all, most ppl played this game becuase it was different...If they wanbted to find another grind they would hav played another game.  After all, now with the main focus being-get mmoney and get lvl up, and unless in a bit clan there is reqally no pvp, its just like other MMO's

~mike408~

• enteartemaenteartema Member Posts: 7

nothing to say exept that I agree dude

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Though runescape has a 13+ age limit on the game, They have been off the mark when it comes to their target audience. They have been catering to a younger crowd with the recent updates. With their  rules, updates and restrictions they have put in place it is the perfect game for a 7 yr old to play  and not have to worry about them crying because they got killed. Now with the introduction of summoning they can have their pokemon to follow them everywhere as well. They have alienated their adult population by taking the risks out of the game and treating them like kids. I think Jagex forgot who actually has money to pay for memberships .. it is not the 7 yr olds.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

^If you think Summoning was catering to kids, then you need to have your brain checked.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by deviliscious

Though runescape has a 13+ age limit on the game, They have been off the mark when it comes to their target audience. They have been catering to a younger crowd with the recent updates. With their  rules, updates and restrictions they have put in place it is the perfect game for a 7 yr old to play  and not have to worry about them crying because they got killed. Now with the introduction of summoning they can have their pokemon to follow them everywhere as well. They have alienated their adult population by taking the risks out of the game and treating them like kids. I think Jagex forgot who actually has money to pay for memberships .. it is not the 7 yr olds.

I TOTALLY agree - with the inability to curse in the game, they clearly dont plan for all the people playing to be over 13 years old.  They aim for the younger kids (11 and under) because thats more of the majority - and mor eimportantly, more of the future members.  In my opinion - worry about the kids who are old enough to play.  Not the kids,,,

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by mike480

I TOTALLY agree - with the inability to curse in the game, they clearly dont plan for all the people playing to be over 13 years old.  They aim for the younger kids (11 and under) because thats more of the majority - and mor eimportantly, more of the future members.  In my opinion - worry about the kids who are old enough to play.  Not the kids,,,

They don't aim for a young audience...if they did im sure they wouldnt restrict you from playing if you were below 13 years old. Oh and I doubt summoning was brought in to get kids...its actually quite complex and the average 11 year old wouldn't know what they were doing most of the time.

?

I have had summoning on several games and yes it is for kids .. do adults really care about summoning?  No, in fact the majority of adults would rather have a player with more options and strategy for that player in combat rather than have stupid creatures that do it for you.  Adults were routing for engineering and items to use in clan wars such as fortresses, cannons ect ... but oh yea clan wars was killed winner takes nothing LOL.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

I have had summoning on several games and yes it is for kids .. do adults really care about summoning?  No, in fact the majority of adults would rather have a player with more options and strategy for that player in combat rather than have stupid creatures that do it for you.  Adults were routing for engineering and items to use in clan wars such as fortresses, cannons ect ... but oh yea clan wars was killed winner takes nothing LOL.

Do you actually know anything about the skill? It adds a whole new layer to combat, and takes as much strategy as would be possible with RuneScape's current combat system.

But yeah, it's annoying that Jagex caters to kids.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

That  is exactly the problem .. runescapes  current combat system..  though engineering would have been a better addition to their current combat system. where you make things to use in battle and had been suggested from the start. not ripping ideas from all these other games that already have summoning .. but better. Why do something when they can't do it better than other games?