Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How i transform from a pve only, into ffa pvp only!

ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

When i first start mmo's i was kind of guy who had no clue what pvp realy was end of 90's.

I was a player that did quests, craft some, hang around in towns, make fun or kill mobs.

I knew there was pvp on server but i always keep my distance had no intrest at all in pvp.

But becouse something happen to server it shutdown for more then week, i desided to go play on a open pvp server.

Man at first i was sort of shock all red names and i died maybe 50times first day:P

I stopped for 2days could not handle my nerves:D

But after2 days again i enter that hostile gameworld and start up lvling and go to areas try avoid been killed constantly, after i manage to lvl a bit i went back to area where little lower lvls where and kill some of them it feel great.

I was hooked after week of playing there and never get back to the pve server, i learned the open pvp style and politics and become better and better.

After a few months i could not imagine to play pve only games again .

Open pvp with no savezones is for me only way to play mmorpgs.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• NurabsalNurabsal Member Posts: 1

Had to stop reading after the first sentence with all your "engrish".

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

your comments are prolly not wurth reading anyway:P

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by ianubisi
    <Mod edit>

LOL! Funniest thing I have read all day.

I think if more people gave it a chance, they might grow to like open pvp as the OP does. But you can't force people to try, and there's no guarantee they would like even if they gave it that chance.

• NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417
    Originally posted by forest-nl

When i first start mmo's i was kind of guy who had no clue what pvp realy was end of 90's.
    I was a player that did quests, craft some, hang around in towns, make fun or kill mobs.
    I knew there was pvp on server but i always keep my distance had no intrest at all in pvp.
    But becouse something happen to server it shutdown for more then week, i desided to go play on a open pvp server.
    Man at first i was sort of shock all red names and i died maybe 50times first day:P
    But after2 days again i enter that hostile gameworld and start up lvling and go to areas try avoid been killed constantly, after i manage to lvl a bit i went back to area where little lower lvls where and kill some of them it feel great.
    I was hooked after week of playing there and never get back to the pve server, i learned the open pvp style and politics and become better and better.

what game u talking about?

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

I'm on the fence with PvP, because it is just another game mechanic for me. I don't necessarily play a title because it's PvE or PvP, I play because the setting interests me and the game possesses innovative gaming features that enchance or effect one's actual game-play.

I can understand why PvPers are vocal about the lack of true PvP games because the vast majority of games under 'Released Games' are nothing more than PvE game engines with a tacked on PvP server. That does not a PvP game make.

I prefer to think of myself as a passive PvPer, in that I would have no hesitation in playing a game where PvP could take place e.g. Eve Online, but my raison d'etre for playing the game isn't solely focused on PvP.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by NewMonster

Originally posted by forest-nl

what game u talking about?

I was going to ask the exact same thing.

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175

sooo, pvp for you is either getting ganked by higher levels or ganking lower levels yourself? nice idea for pvp :)

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

I love PVP myself. I'm on the fence when it comes to safe zones. I sometimes like it because it means I can trust my party members in PVE. And I can go AFK and let my avatar grind on his own without worry

I love FFA pvp but I cant say im ffa pvp only. I'm the type that will try out most any MMO (yeah even purchased Tabula Rasa)- but I usually love open pvp server option at very least. That way you can get some fun pvp happenng. Like in WoW back in the day was fun going to those boat ports and stop Alliance from getting on.

I wouldnt mind faction vs faction but the presence of a good solid death penalty would make it more fun for me. Would make people fight uch harder to live versus games w/o a penalty you see people just give up lol.

in eve online, people fight for their life from what I've seen....

Originally posted by Spiritraiser
    sooo, pvp for you is either getting ganked by higher levels or ganking lower levels yourself? nice idea for pvp :)

getting ganked by higher levels is teh suck but getting revenge later on after you level up is the ultimate sweetness.

edit- but if you -never- get revenge that is ultimate suckiness....

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Originally posted by vajuras

getting ganked by higher levels is teh suck but getting revenge later on after you level up is the ultimate sweetness.

I agree, if you can level up and get revenge on your aggressors its good fun, but it stinks when many times they quit/reroll and you never get the chance.

But if you mean that you can turn around and kill lowbies yourself to make up for the ganking you experienced when you were lower levels, I can't go along with it.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I generally do not like PvP in games, not because of the way the developers made it, but because of the way the players use it, and how the OP described it.

He talked about hating pvp UNTIL he leveled up and went back to  "area where little lower lvls where (were) and kill some of them it feel great."

This is why I hate pvp most times. The majority of these people who do this are immature kids, who are trying to feel good about themselves because they are just that, kids. (The fact that the original poster is 49 years old and feels "good" doing this is disturbing however). Most of these gankers cannot handle a one vs one fight with people their own level and definitely not anyone higher than that. So its easy to kill people you know are lower, minding their own business, cause youll win easily. Now, where the challenge in that is, i don't know. Maybe the mobs were harder which is why he ultimately came to hate PvE. More of a challenge to have to fight against a preprogrammed mob?

GuildWars is about the only game ive played with some PvP thats fair. You dont have 20s running around killing level 5 characters who are just learning the game to feel good about themselves. Its normally done in an arena with people who are more experienced and put together better builds. So you are not gonna just go in and smoke them. Even if you do, they have teams. There will always be someone with a build who can beat you and when they find you out, youre toast till you change it.

But most pvp, its so easy to gank lowbies, its not worth playing. My idea of fun is not being a punching bag for "schoolyard bullies" so they can try out new strategy on. And then theres the knuckleheads who gank lowbies and then post videos on Youtube of their "awesome pwnage" while they edit out tapes where someone turns the tables on them and whoops their butt.

I do however, like Realm vs Realm type play, where theres teamwork involved for a greater goal. A castle, land, something else.

Originally posted by Trollstar
    Originally posted by vajuras  

I agree, if you can level up and get revenge on your aggressors its good fun, but it stinks when many times they quit/reroll and you never get the chance.
    But if you mean that you can turn around and kill lowbies yourself to make up for the ganking you experienced when you were lower levels, I can't go along with it.

I was thinking of claiming revenge on the higher level that killed me.

good points

I must admit I have killed lowbies. Mostly it was just because they were in an area my guild was sieging. So, we would kill the lowbies so that would call in help. this was on a PVP server though. Guess other times I killed them for sneering at me and roleplaying purposes (faction vs faction server)

But I never rolled a rogue character and killed them all day long. I'm no saint, but I'm not that cruel. I've been ganked by way too many rogues while minding my own business and never got a chance for revenge cause we cant find them (they bail when we got help).

guess im on the fence. Certain things bout open pvp I love. But other things I hate (like getting sieged by Rogues)

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

As others have asked, what game you talking about?

No annoying animated GIF here!

Originally posted by popinjay
    I generally do not like PvP in games, not because of the way the developers made it, but because of the way the players use it, and how the OP described it.
    He talked about hating pvp UNTIL he leveled up and went back to  "area where little lower lvls where (were) and kill some of them it feel great."
    This is why I hate pvp most times. The majority of these people who do this are immature kids, who are trying to feel good about themselves because they are just that, kids. (The fact that the original poster is 49 years old and feels "good" doing this is disturbing however). Most of these gankers cannot handle a one vs one fight with people their own level and definitely not anyone higher than that. So its easy to kill people you know are lower, minding their own business, cause youll win easily. Now, where the challenge in that is, i don't know. Maybe the mobs were harder which is why he ultimately came to hate PvE. More of a challenge to have to fight against a preprogrammed mob?
    GuildWars is about the only game ive played with some PvP thats fair. You dont have 20s running around killing level 5 characters who are just learning the game to feel good about themselves. Its normally done in an arena with people who are more experienced and put together better builds. So you are not gonna just go in and smoke them. Even if you do, they have teams. There will always be someone with a build who can beat you and when they find you out, youre toast till you change it.
    But most pvp, its so easy to gank lowbies, its not worth playing. My idea of fun is not being a punching bag for "schoolyard bullies" so they can try out new strategy on. And then theres the knuckleheads who gank lowbies and then post videos on Youtube of their "awesome pwnage" while they edit out tapes where someone turns the tables on them and whoops their butt.
    I do however, like Realm vs Realm type play, where theres teamwork involved for a greater goal. A castle, land, something else.

WAR is very interesting for the RvR. I never played DAoC so that game will give me a chance to broaden my horizons. Get more exposure to different things

I loved Guild Wars. IT doesnt have the big massive feel but its great for small Guild vs Guild and random skirmishes

Originally posted by popinjay

You misunderstood me, that was my first experience with pvp and i was lvl 15 at time and went back to area with lvl10, later when i learn more about pvp server , as i explain before, i became a anti player who hunt down noob killers  and all rpk/pk who kos almost anybody.

Everybody have a different opinion about pvp or open pvp thats ok i dont mind.

But i like open pvp becouse it realy give you excitement i dont care to die or lose stuff, win some lose some, for me its just a game and have fun.

On open pvp games(free for all pvp) its not only kids who wanne pk i have years of experience now and many are mature players who chat normal and act normal play honorable and fair good side and evil side.

But manytimes forums give wrong impression about how hardcore pvp are there not all trash talking kids:P

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Some if my best friends have payed WoW for years on PvE servers. Now when they finally tryed the PvP sever, they wont change back. I hear all the time therre is less drama and talk and more pure action there (PvP).

I personally dont think PvP and levels are a real PvP. Its level vs level, and that is something completely different.

If I misunderstood you, I apologize.

I read from your original posting, and it looked like you were saying you liked to gank noobs. While its pretty much understood anyone is fair game in a pvp environment, there are some unspoken etiquette.

I thought you meant you like to prey on those newer people to give them grief or something. Your english wasnt very clear explaining it, but your English is far superior than my knowledge of whatever your native language. I thank you for your comments.

I wish you happy gaming and in particular, PK hunting!  :)

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

It's simple. People new to MMO type games dislike PvP, the old-school guys won't play without it.

Reason? MMOs were founded with ruthless PvP, not that carebear crap that EverQuest introduced.

-------------------------

Idk Netzoko,

I don't how long you have to play to be considered "old-school", but Ive been playing almost 10 yrs. I still love PvE more than the PvP play. I love the storylines in games, the quests follow along so its somewhat like actually playing a book youre reading.

I also think more people that get into MMOs nowadays actually PREFER the pvp style of play. Its rare to see new people want storylines, most seem to want to log on and solo everything, then pwn everyone else. I think this is reflected VERY much in how developers are making games today.

Where a few years ago, most of the MMOs required you to have teamplay, most now are DE-emphasizing teamplay for PvE and getting people straight into pvp. Most games even have options where you can bypass the PvE storyline altogether, or have it where its so limited, you dont need to do much. (heck, most people I see in games don't even bother to read the quests, just click it to get, then hit q, and go kill whatever they say). So the quests and storyline are secondary in lots of games today, they spend the time in the class development. Another trend nowadays is getting away from "pure" classes. Pure tank, pure healer, pure DD. Everyone wants a healer than can dd, a rogue than can heal himself, and tanks that crit every single hit.

But I do love it carebear until the end, then I want to help my guild own everything.