Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheated on a test, but the teacher might find out (need help)

2»

Comments

• candygirl6candygirl6 Member Posts: 412

I would study for it if you intend to make science or maths a major one day, you'll need to know it anyway right.

If you don't, I'd just lie and move on, it's no the end of the world.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

well it's been a day

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• makeoutmakeout Member Posts: 4

This lesson teaches you not to cheat any more. Just go tell the teacher the truth. Honesty is the best policy. Later you must study harder.

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982

1. Advice: Don't cheat.

2. If you do cheat:

2a. Fess up: If you fess up in private and show true remorse (whether or not you really feel it) the damage will likely be minimal.

2b. Keep your mouth shut: If you follow this option, then you don't say anything and, if accused, deny, deny, deny! The best way to deny is look the teacher square in the eye and say calmly and firmly that you didn't cheat and would never cheat on any test because it is *wrong*.

2c. He has proof that you cheated: If this is the case, and especially (hopefully) if he shows it to you up front (rather than waiting to sink you later), then see 2a. If he waits until you do 2b and then presents you with evidence that you cheated, YOU ARE SCREWED. Find a hole and crawl into it because your ass is toast with this guy and you're likely in trouble with your school as a whole.

Remember, option #1 is best and in the long run requires the least amount of effort, IMO.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

This is quite the devil versus the angel on the shoulder kind of situation.  I have to say though, I am surprised by the number of 'devils'.  Let's go more basic.  Do you feel you've done something wrong?  (No doubt this is the case or else you wouldn't have made a thread and asked everyone's opinion).  Why do you think you feel that way?  The answer of right and wrong is already in your heart.  It's just a matter of having the courage to do what's right and the strength to handle any consequences.  In the end, stepping out into the light feels a whole lot better than having to hide in the shadows and always looking over your shoulder.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

If you need to cheat in any class named just simply "science," you deserve to be flunked.

What the fuck is so busy in your life that you can't pay attention in class and understand the difference between solids, liquids, and gasses?

-Machiavelli

• Sanctus_MorsSanctus_Mors Member Posts: 597

You don't have to come forward but think about this; you may be approached after the fact and caught. If that happens, take ownership for your actions but no need to drag anyone down with you.

Takes a pair to know you screwed up and stepping forward. You don't have to do it in front of the whole class, no need to be a mayrtr.

I can relate to a time when I was working at a golf course when I was in high school. I wrecked one of the golf carts. I never told my boss but he found out. He wasn't mad, but he was disappointed that I didn't come to him about it. He fired me. He said if I had told him, he would have been mad but I would not have been fired.

Ultimatly, this is an ethical question you have to decide on.

If I had the chance to go back, I would have come clean with my boss. I can handle someone being pissed but the look of disappointment he had crushed me.

your arguement is so persuasive, so filled with knowledge and insight. You back up your argument very articulately, with suggestions of improvements and raising examples to glorify your position....oh wait, you didn't

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699
    Originally posted by ViolentY

If you need to cheat in any class named just simply "science," you deserve to be flunked.
    What the fuck is so busy in your life that you can't pay attention in class and understand the difference between solids, liquids, and gasses?

Your level of compassion is quite an achievement.  Where do you work, a hospital?  Charity?  A tutoring school for autism?  Oh!  I know.  The IRS, right?  Nah.  Couldn't be.  Even they aren't that heartless.