Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Complete lack of interaction?

PatryzPatryz Member UncommonPosts: 46

I've been playing the game for a week now, and NEVER talked to anyone.

People are afk all the time, and u never get the chance to something toghether.
I also foung this as a rewiew in the hype section

augustgrace(posted Mon Nov 05 2007)

* While I have gotten some enjoyment out of this game, I'm confused as to how it has such a high score. The graphics style, storyline and music are great; I love the storyline and lore. But K2 seems unable to deal with some fundamental issues since they are merely a publisher and have little to do with code. Also the game isn't truly free, if you want to advance beyond level 100, you have to purchase veteran scrolls at I believe $8 a pop. Most alarming thing about this game is the absolute lack of interaction amongst players. AFK leveling is a convienent feature, but only underlines the massive grind in this game. There simply aren't enough quests to get you from one level to another, so you end up leaving the game running while you sleep, just so you can level up and advance to the next part. This is the only online game I've ever encountered where you can go days with out seeing any public chat. In the month I've played, I've seen 3 public conversations, that may have lasted for a total of 3-4 minutes total. This game wouldn't be too bad if people weren't afk all the time, and actually interacted. They also need to lower the price of gold, and add alot more quests to help alleviate the grind. Then the game wouldn't be too bad.

Is this true, or at highr levels u actually meet some ppl? I really enjoy the game, but without a good and interacting community there is no point in calling this game MMORPG

Comments

• boommer99boommer99 Member UncommonPosts: 309

I recommend finding a clan.  I usually have a whole host of people to talk to when I am on (even those not in my clan).  I guess it really just depends.

---
    Bartle Test Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 26.67%, Socializer 66.67%

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

It is unfortunate but almost all chatting in Sword happens within the clan.  My chat box is so active that I miss a lot unless I scroll back frequently.  But that is all clan chat. 

There is an in-game fee for regional chat so few use it.  What little local chat I hear is kids being rude because someone got close to their camping spot.