Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So ... no more PK'ing at all?

_Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

I tried Runescape once ... I got a pick and tried to go mining 10 minutes after I started the game. Someone came up to me and killed me. There was no "fight" persay, just hit killing me.

I play WoW on PvP server and I played UO back in the day - but getting killed when you're a brand newbie is stupid.

If I try the game again, will these changes mean I won't get killed by some stupid kid the second I leave town?

Sweet.

------
Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
Currently - Bored.

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Originally posted by _Jord_

I tried Runescape once ... I got a pick and tried to go mining 10 minutes after I started the game. Someone came up to me and killed me. There was no "fight" persay, just hit killing me.

I play WoW on PvP server and I played UO back in the day - but getting killed when you're a brand newbie is stupid.

If I try the game again, will these changes mean I won't get killed by some stupid kid the second I leave town?

Sweet.

Yes you wont get killed the second you leave town. Pking isn't totally gone though, they have a few places for it.

?

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by _Jord_

I'm assuming this wasn't recently. Runescape was changed several YEARS ago so that only the Wilderness supports PvP, which is out of the way and gives you almost no reason to enter it. If you were killed within minutes, you either went someplace you shouldn't have gone (and ignored the several warnings along the way) or it was not a player and you were mistaken.

I don't PK, and so these changes don't affect me, but many other changes were added along with this that were not mentioned here. These changes (such as making players unable to trade with each other, unless it is perfectly equal value) are completely asinine and make the game unplayable.

Jagex has a long history of disregarding players, by making sweeping changes to previously favored parts of the game, and even banning players for doing things that are NOT against the rules. If you are looking for a new MMO, I suggest you look elsewhere.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Not so sweet for many people. Jagex needs to hurry up on the minigames that they said they're working on.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.