Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the crafting in this game ?

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Hi everyone,

I enjoy crafting and dont like to spend my time with combat.

So can anyone tell me how the crafting in this game is fo far ?

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• howardbhowardb Member Posts: 286

LOL. Why don't you just ask that question on the official forum. It's not the first time I've seen a serious issue being raised on the official forum and within a minute someone is asking the exact question here.

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Well this one is kinda hard to answer because the Prestige Classes were just removed from the game. Or they were merged into what class you would be. The Prestige Classes were what decided the craft that you would be able to do.

Latest news of Prestige Classes from TTH:

According to Gaute, the prestige classes were "limiting players" and that the Funcom development team decided to take more of a "salad bowl" type approach. What this means is that the prestige class abilities would be spread out through the various existing classes will be integrating many of the features previously announced for the various prestige classes.

There is more info about the Prestige Classes here. That's how they were before the latest change at least.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

What we know about crafting is that you dont improve it by grinding out items. Instead you have to do quests to learn new stuff.

So crafting should actually be fun instead of a boring grind.

There is also info that crafters can improve drop items. So if you get a really good sword from an instance then a good crafter can make it even better.

Last there is some kind of gem enchantment system but the details are missing. Only thing we know is that its supposed to give good bonuses in a limited field where drops give broaders bonuses. But some encounters should have been designed so you cannot do them unless you bring along specific crafted gear.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• slannmageslannmage Member Posts: 540

Originally posted by Dulain

Well this one is kinda hard to answer because the Prestige Classes were just removed from the game. Or they were merged into what class you would be. The Prestige Classes were what decided the craft that you would be able to do.
    Latest news of Prestige Classes from TTH:

According to Gaute, the prestige classes were "limiting players" and that the Funcom development team decided to take more of a "salad bowl" type approach. What this means is that the prestige class abilities would be spread out through the various existing classes will be integrating many of the features previously announced for the various prestige classes.

There is more info about the Prestige Classes here. That's how they were before the latest change at least.

I like the EQ2 system or the SWG system ( pre cu) or even the EVE Online system where you can mix them with your combat class.
  • StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Originally posted by afoaa

What we know about crafting is that you dont improve it by grinding out items. Instead you have to do quests to learn new stuff.
    There is also info that crafters can improve drop items. So if you get a really good sword from an instance then a good crafter can make it even better.
    Last there is some kind of gem enchantment system but the details are missing. Only thing we know is that its supposed to give good bonuses in a limited field where drops give broaders bonuses. But some encounters should have been designed so you cannot do them unless you bring along specific crafted gear.

Personally I like the grind of making a ton of items in order to reach a high crafting status.

• FireHeadFireHead Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Stellos

Originally posted by afoaa

Personally I like the grind of making a ton of items in order to reach a high crafting status.

It does say "I've put in the work and time" but fun factor? I think you are in the minority. I wouldn't mind a mix of both worlds personally.