Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Article at TTH, "What happened to the druid, lich and scion.."

eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/21046

My poor druid... sniff.. I don't want to be a snake worshipper.

Comments

• JadarJadar Member Posts: 300

Can't say I'm all broken up about losing the Lich class, even though it was what attracted me to the game in the first place. I've had my ass handed to me by various lichs in various games since I started playing RPG's and the idea of playing one was very compelling. But Funcom's vision of a Lich and mine were two very different things, c'est la mort.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i agree the lich and the herald were similar and the necromancer could easily cover the lich's base but i think they are making a mistake getting rid of the druid AND combining it with the scion.

i am still looking forward to playing a scion of set and it will be interesting to see how these new spells effect the class.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Heheh

Just comparing this , and several beta leaks that popped here.

TTH article says: Beta testers didnt enjoy Lich and Scion. Beta players say: Lich and Scion were never in game

And yes. As predicted prestigue classes ( that were never implemented ) are scraped

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Its very clear that the old classes and prestige classes from early in development simply were too small and railroading people into very small roles. Remeber there were separate classes for a barbarian with 2h sword and another for a "barbarian" with dual wield.

But some of the old classes werent merged in the last class revamp like the Scion and the lich and testing seems to have showed they still were too small in scale.

So they have just done what they did with practically every other class. They made the individual game elements in the classes a question of specing (which can be respeced) instead of a railroading class.

So all in all it looks good.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

At least it seems like the Devs are paying attention. I would take this as good news.

D.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

Originally posted by daelnor

At least it seems like the Devs are paying attention. I would take this as good news.
    D.

agreed, if it seems that many of the testers doesnt feel like getting fun of the classes and they dont really "work" that well, im glad to hear that devs listen and try to make the game more appealing.

i think its good that they still try to save for example the lich as an idea, they just merged few characters but they are kinda still there.. those ideas

• PolarizationPolarization Member Posts: 1,410

After reading the article it just gives me the impression of attempting to justify removing features from the game in a positive way and also as an attempt at damage control.

Also some of the reasoning and explanations behind the cutbacks do not agree with what I have heard from beta leaks so I’m undecided about if this is a genuine attempt to streamline and improve the class system or if it is more to do with deciding what has to be cut to meet the release date.

The fact that some members of the community are happy or attempt to justify that features have been cut I find totally incomprehensible, also people making the selfish remarks to the effect of “I did not want to play that class anyway”, have you considered that many potential people did ? (thats rhetorical because obviously you have not)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheArzhAngelTheArzhAngel Member Posts: 159

To me it feels like they start to reduse the / game, to be able to release it in marts, but then again that allso feel like we will se a game that its fare from ready to be releasd. 

Beta:
    GW, WOW, AOC, DAOC, DOD, L2, VG.
    Playd:
    GW necro msx, WOW never maxd, DAOC reaver-paladin-cabalist-vamp max, L2 never maxd, VG never maxd.

Play:
    Daoc - Paladin. Classic.

• dannisdannis Member Posts: 80

Well, at least everything is nice and even now. 3 Classes under each Archetype. I wonder who will get what Prestige skills?

It seems like they are making a lot of drastic changes so close to release...

By the way, wasn't Funcom supposed to have like a big press conference or something like that this week or soon?

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by dannis
    By the way, wasn't Funcom supposed to have like a big press conference or something like that this week or soon?

Funcom invited a lot of fansites/press to their offices in Norway. They are there over the weekend. So we should be getting a lot of new information and videos soon. The contest winner, Avery, is supposed to be there as well.

• urbanmonkeyurbanmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by afoaa

Its very clear that the old classes and prestige classes from early in development simply were too small and railroading people into very small roles. Remeber there were separate classes for a barbarian with 2h sword and another for a "barbarian" with dual wield.
    But some of the old classes werent merged in the last class revamp like the Scion and the lich and testing seems to have showed they still were too small in scale.
    So they have just done what they did with practically every other class. They made the individual game elements in the classes a question of specing (which can be respeced) instead of a railroading class.
    So all in all it looks good.
    Pretty much sums it up.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Never argue with idiots. They are immune to logic.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Hi there, yes I am here in Oslo right now, but have been busy collating lots of new information. There were fan/community sites such as Tentonhammer, mmorpg.com's jon wood, gohu.ru, gamestop, buffed.de and some others were all there with me too.

quickly about the classes though, the Stormcaller and most of what it could do before and the same with the Scion of Set are now the Tempest of Set. You will still have a large portion from both previous classes to play with - and to be honest its very cool sounding from the description we heard.

Same with the Lich being merged into the Necro. You can still transform to a lich but now with more caster abilities. So its all good.

i'll post more on monday when i get back until then forive me but i have Norweigen beer to drink on Funcom!

There are lots of juicy info coming so keep eye out on websites above.

Have some cool info on crafting, quests, items and got alot of questions asked answered too!

• slannmageslannmage Member Posts: 540

another rush game

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

Originally posted by slannmage

another rush game

even though this all starts to give me  the same feeling, i hope that you are wrong

• RexNebularRexNebular Member Posts: 259

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    TTH article says: Beta testers didnt enjoy Lich and Scion. Beta players say: Lich and Scion were never in game

I heard the same thing.

It's funny to see how some are saying: "it's so nice, they're listetning to the people" while it looks like "the people" didn't even have a chance to test the Lich and Scion classes.