Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought the game :-)

Just couple of questions i wanna put out to all you ladies and gents out there.

1. what are the most popular servers?

2. are alot of ppl still playing?

To be honest im playing this game and COH until WAR comes out. Ill still keep my accounts open.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
Playing EVE Online and AOC.
Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

Comments

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

I RP on Landroval.

Always lots of folks, lots of groups, lots of AH activity.

I recommned that you Roleplay, get into a RP Kinship, take the time to read the Lore, learn to Craft, do all the Deeds you can.  Even if you are a Solo player, you will want to get Pick-Up-Groups to do the Fellowship quests.

If you are a Solo player, then play multiple characters so you can cross-craft items.

Good Hunting

• JagerMichaelJagerMichael Member Posts: 181

If you like to roleplay, then Landroval is the server for you. It's the unofficial US roleplaying server and it has a good population.

Brandywine is the most populated, and man is it ever. If you don't like a LOT of people being around then I would go with Landroval or Elendilmir. It's easy to group on Brandywine but harvesting can be a bit difficult with so many people. Not to mention, the more people the more idiots. Not to say Brandywine has a bad community, but you get my point.

Good luck.

• Bedlem3342Bedlem3342 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I play on landroval and may i say its very nice. Never triad any other servers, but landroval is nice i have no problems with anybody there.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

I play on Brandywine and prefer it there compared to Landroval.  I tried playing on Landroval first but found I wasn't playing at the same time as the large portion of the community there.  I switched to Brandywine and have been content ever since.

It is nice when I can decide between multiple fellowships and not just have to jump at the first LFF I see.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• anwaranwar Member UncommonPosts: 108

I've only played on Nimrodel, but it seems about perfect on population, still easy to group but never a que.  Players seem much older than I've seen on other games, I'm 58 and the large guild I'm in, Gallant Few, has some older than me.

I have never seen any begging, have not seen any foul-mouthed wowbrats since the first couple months, never had a really bad PUG,  no drama in the kin, and happy to say the vast majority are very pleasant to play with.

Lately getting quite a few newbies, but most are friends and family of existing players who gathered converts during the holidays.  We still have room for more.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

Thank you everyone for the responses! ill make a toon on each of the servers mentioned. oh and dont worry Im not a wowbrat! LOL!!!!!

• PerceptionPerception Member Posts: 188

Hopefully you didn't pay more than $10 for it.  Oh, and good call on insulting the WoW community.  You'll fit right in here now.  Plenty of room on the bandwagon for ya.

• Sober_SeanSober_Sean Member CommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by JagerMichael

If you like to roleplay, then Landroval is the server for you. It's the unofficial US roleplaying server and it has a good population.
    Brandywine is the most populated, and man is it ever. If you don't like a LOT of people being around then I would go with Landroval or Elendilmir. It's easy to group on Brandywine but harvesting can be a bit difficult with so many people. Not to mention, the more people the more idiots. Not to say Brandywine has a bad community, but you get my point.
    Good luck.

Well I'll put it out there that on Brandywine, unless you're a big fan of petty bickering, d00dspeak, teenage angst, angry people discussing everythign *but* the game itself, that you turn off all chat channels other than LFF first thing out of the starting area.  Since I did that I haven't had to be bothered by the wow kids that flock to this server since it's the most populated. 

Alot of people realize that playing on low pop servers isn't for them for various reasons and take a moment to do basic research to find out what server is the most active before paying for a new game, as is the case in point in this post even.  When enough people do that, they will tend to roll on the already populated servers making them even more top heavy and this will in turn collect the undesirables...those that play for the sake of attention seeking due to harrassment of those just seeking entertainment.  The vocal minority etc...

So be wary that if you dislike this element, it's rampant on Brandywine, inasmuch as any other game, even wow.  A definate Barren's Chat environment exists, in some starting areas such as the human lands and channels around Bree, Combe, Staddle etc...moreso than others.  Turbine has provided an option to go pretty much "anon" anonymous, by picking and choosing who can send you tells, what channels to be in, whether to accept drive by guild invites etc...so there is a great measure of things you can do to simply ignore the problem if it gets to you.

I like playing on Brandywine, the population is thriving, there are always groups LFF and people running around making the world feel alive and vibrant, and would recommend it to any new Lotro player not interested in RP as it's a great, fun place to play, but you have to be prepared to run into a ton of "u no where i can get sum weapnz lol? ne1??? ???" and "u nubs maek me puke1!!11" when you play here in the common channels and it's my best advice to simply go anon until you're out of the starting zones and into your level 20's or so.

Dwarflands aren't so bad, but elf, hobbit and human (especially human) lands chat channels are filled with outrageous arguing and leetspeaking asshatery at all times, so just be prepared.  Otherwise a great place to play and you can easily find groups and make money on the AH selling as a new player.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Perception

Hopefully you didn't pay more than $10 for it.  Oh, and good call on insulting the WoW community.  You'll fit right in here now.  Plenty of room on the bandwagon for ya.

ROFL

I think that some posters have become ridiculous if not outright pathetic with their constant bickering.

I would not even call them trolls , at least trolls are smart enough to write posts that appear intelligent and not intentionally simply aimed at trolling.

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

Best thing to do is ignore the trolls. When they stop gettting attention they will give up.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

I'm not sure the validity of the question "how much did you pay for the game" here in this thread. It doesn't have any pertinence to the questions of the OP. Now if he comes back and says "this game sucks" then perhaps it does if only to point out he spent too much for the value he got out of it.

I've found that Brandywine is the highest population. You have Elendilmir, Landroval, and Silverlode with good populations too. I can't really speak for the rest.

As to are people still playing - I'd say yes. Are they the same people as at release? I don't know. There seems to be a consistent population, so I don't think that matters.

I think you'll be satisfied for the usage you intend to put into this game - waiting until WAR. It's a well polished game.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

Thats funny the poor guy posts a few questions bout the game, and he winds up with a page full of opinions,5/6 of say the game sucks ..LMAO

• ColdarColdar Member Posts: 8

Does anyone know an item database for the game like thotbot for wow ? hearing those comments above made me wonna play it ^_^.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

Again thank you for all the responses! :-)

I didnt mean to be insulting to the "wow community" so I apologize. all Mmo's have thier share of intresting ppl but unfortunately as you know the more ppl you have playing the more chance of immature personalities. 

I payed about $20 dollars for the game and have encountered many helpful ppl. i payed the lifetime fee as it will save money in the long run. Im on the brandywine server.

Thank you all!!!!!

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

"My griefing career started..."

Don't mind Perception.  With a quote starter like the one above.  That's all you need to know about his opinions. 

Originally posted by dragonace
    Originally posted by Perception "My griefing career started..."
    Don't mind Perception. With a quote starter like the one above. That's all you need to know about his opinions. image

yes dont mind the "trolls"
    Ones like perception stated the game had bad graphics! LOL that proves they are just on hate acounts.
  • LovelyLadyRLovelyLadyR Member Posts: 3

All I have to say is that Lotro Rocks! The envirmental graphics are ausome. Like the Nen Hurn Lake at night and there's even a camp site near by but watch out for the snaping turtles and the wood troll. LOL My personal favorite is Brandywine but then I am a very social person and don't mind a lot of ppl. around. In my book the more the marrier. You can still get a lot done in a short period of time if u want but my preference is to take my time and enjoy the game.

• MaselocMaseloc Member Posts: 175

I'm really a firm believer that to enjoy LOTRO you HAVE to be a fan of the lore, if not you'll end up bored by lvl 10.

Its a great game if your a fan of the lore, if not your just wasting your money.

• Mike1996Mike1996 Member Posts: 81

You mean Battlewagon? Just like the dwarves use?