Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I give this game a shot?

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Hi all, Simple things that tick me off about some mmorpgs.

#1 they consume your life to get Just 1 of the best things in the game.

#2 Grinding Grinding Grinding for XP, I like to do other stuff other than kill monsters. Like in guild wars those were nice options to grinding the Storyline you can follow in each game. Stuff like that is good. I also like the wow quest system where you turn in a quest and you get an item you can use in return not an XP card.

#3 Cash shops.

#4 open world PK between allied factions. (I dont mind the WoW style Horde VS alliance or the PVP in Guild wars that one was a blast.

#5 End game that only "The most hard core in the game" Can do, And the rest are left to watch and envy. (Ala FFXI gods)

Those are the things that tick me off about some mmorpg's I have played. I don't want to name them all since I have played over 14 of them. So With that out of the way And knowing these facts. Should I give L2 A Try ?

Does this game have something to offer some one who likes to casually have fun and still be able to compete enough with the crazy hard core players like GW? (Btw I quit GW a long time ago Just got old to have 8 lvl 20s.)

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Calintz333

#2 Grinding Grinding Grinding for XP, I like to do other stuff other than kill monsters. Like in guild wars those were nice options to grinding the Storyline you can follow in each game. Stuff like that is good. I also like the wow quest system where you turn in a quest and you get an item you can use in return not an XP card.

#3 Cash shops.
    #4 open world PK between allied factions. (I dont mind the WoW style Horde VS alliance or the PVP in Guild wars that one was a blast.
    #5 End game that only "The most hard core in the game" Can do, And the rest are left to watch and envy. (Ala FFXI gods)
    Those are the things that tick me off about some mmorpg's I have played. I don't want to name them all since I have played over 14 of them. So With that out of the way And knowing these facts. Should I give L2 A Try ?

Does this game have something to offer some one who likes to casually have fun and still be able to compete enough with the crazy hard core players like GW? (Btw I quit GW a long time ago Just got old to have 8 lvl 20s.)

uh, did you read about this game? I think you need to. This game has pretty much everything you hate and in spades.

Good luck and take care. - S

edit:

I just reread your post and not only does this game have everything you hate in spades, but it's then multiplied. Except for a cash shop. This game doesn't have a cash shop.

however, if you don't mind taking your time, doing what "you" want to do, and perhaps have a different game style (role player for instance) then you could probably do well in L2.

Essentially, L2 is a sandbox pvp game where the game itself really comes down to the relationships clans have with other clans and alliances as well as its own members. It's all about politics and controlling castles and hunting areas.

Otherwise, save your time, money and any hair you have on your head and do something else because this game isn't for you. See above for "good luck and take care".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

"Does this game have something to offer some one who likes to casually have fun and still be able to compete enough with the crazy hard core players "

There is no MMORPG out there which will allow you to do what you have just paraphrased here.

If you are a casual player you cannot compete with a hardcore player. Whilst some games trade off reward for  advancement over time, all MMORPGS reward effort over time spent online. If it were otherwise noone would bother to play the game and the whole basis of the subscription model would be impaired.  There would be no concept of casual or harcore gameplay.

This is particularly evident in L2. If you are a casual player you will in no way imaginable be competitive with hardcore players on any level.

Good luck with your decision.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    Originally posted by Calintz333

Ya it is pretty much like this, there is an adena (the currency) grind as well in this game.
     This game is the definition of a grind but if you manage to bypass that, this game is VERY addictive.
    #3 Cash shops.
    No cash shops, wow one of the things that you will be happy with lol.
    Hmm.. this game is Open PvP meaning EVERYWHERE. This game is heavily based on PvP actually, castle sieges, fortresses, olympiad, and basically PvP anywhere. If you join a major guild, you will probably find PvP almost everyday if you are high enough and go to the regular spots.
    Well for some reason the really nice thing about the end-game in Lineage 2 (atleast for me) it seems is that you don't really need to be hardcore for it. Sieges for in every two weeks and besides that you can log in regularly whenever your guild decides to raid or find PvP atleast that is why I do. But every guild is different.
     Judging by what you said, you will be disgusted. This game isn't for everyone .

I have been playing casually for a long time and it actually does offer nice rewards if you compare it to personal achievements. If you are competitive then no it won't give too much rewards. I felt rewarded because I went casually, and there were many nice breaks that gave you enjoyment like reaching the different grades, raiding (a lot of people raid during 20-40 and then in upper levels). But I take breaks from the game because after a month or two I start to become competitive and realize I am not going anywhere, currently on a break :).

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by Sovrath
    I just reread your post and not only does this game have everything you hate in spades, but it's then multiplied. Except for a cash shop. This game doesn't have a cash shop.

This is an excellent response, and I couldn't have said it better. 

No, I don't see L2 ever being the right game for the casual player.  I'm fairly active in these games, and I felt the grind was beyond my ability to endure to reach the "fun" endgame.  A shame really, since I enjoyed the first game and was hoping to be part of the PVP action in the second.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Well ty for the honest responses. I did read a bit more about this game and it is the definition of what I would hate in an mmorpg. I guess for now ill keep playing COD4 & WoW While I wait for Guild wars 2 to come out. God I cant wait for that game. Thanks all.

• vampsvamps Member Posts: 39

Come to gustin join my clan we PVP lots everyday all day we taken names nucka... making the carebears bite the curb

reply to me on here i give you ingame name

If your soft and cant take ingame abuse dont bother

lineage 2
    dillign-30 active-teon