Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Questionnaire - The Truth Shall Set You Free :)

MattiusMattius Member Posts: 167

Ive drawn up a little questionnaire that im hoping to get a good response from. I intend to post the questionnaire in multiple MMORPG forums for maximum response. Please answer the questions with a simple "yes" "no" answer.

There are 10 questions. PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS HONESTLY. Since there is no real system of generating answers that are 100% honest, im hoping you guys will do the right thing.

I'll be checking on the progress of the thread regularly, and will post the results on a website in a couple weeks time (depending on response/impact). I realize these questions are somewhat provokative, and im hoping forum moderators will allow it too live :)

1)      Have you ever sold in-game currency through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?

2)      Have you ever sold a MMORPG/MMO game account through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?

3)      Have you ever subscribed to a cheat/exploit forum or website?

4)      Have you ever profiteered from the use of bugs/exploits for items, levelling, in-game currency or real world monetary gain?

5)      Have you ever attempted to “scam” other players through misrepresentation of an item or trade related bugs/exploits?

6)      Have you ever sexually harassed another player, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)

7)      Have you ever used racial slurs against an individual, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)

8)      Have you ever organised, or helped organised a large scale attack on other players based on their sexuality, language or nationality?

9)      Have you ever represented yourself as an official company representative in order to “scam” other players? I.e. falsely representing yourself as a GM?

10)  Have you ever attempted to harm – emotionally, verbally or physically another player in the real world due to in-game events?

Comments

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    No to every single one. Its sortve biased though because most people will say no beacuse all those questions have no motive for doing the thing. Maybe if your question was like has someone verbally attacked you and did you attack them back? Then yes lol stuff like that. Cause most people would not just do any of those without a motive unless there disturbed.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Originally posted by nooblet
    No to every single one. Its sortve biased though because most people will say no beacuse all those questions have no motive for doing the thing. Maybe if your question was like has someone verbally attacked you and did you attack them back? Then yes lol stuff like that. Cause most people would not just do any of those without a motive unless there disturbed.  EDIT: oops i forgot about the ebays ones but yeah..thats still pritty wrong but not as bad as the other ones.

EDIT: ermm wtf how did this happenimage i was editing my other post and then it posted this aswell  wtf
     2xEDIT: oops i see what i did lol i clicked qoute by accident when i meant to click edit.

• Highwind89Highwind89 Member Posts: 26

NO to everyone.

That stuff ruins the mmorpg and i don't want that ot happen

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270
    no to everything...

no matter where u come from... no matter where u are now... no matter where ur going... its all about the EXP

--------------------------------------

• Trajan13Trajan13 Member Posts: 54

No to most, yes to a few that I will not revealimage.  You may have seen my handiwork in Runescape.  That crap I just do for laughs, w/o intention to offend.  The scary part is, when I ask for people to join the "Nazi Party of Runescape", I actually got people who where interested.  I then had to explain that it was only a joke, and I am NOT a racist.

lol

OMG look over there! It's United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan

OMG look over there! It''s United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan!

Looking for an EqII guild? Check us out at www.imperium-arcanum.com

• diegofrgcdiegofrgc Member Posts: 451

1.-no

2.-no

3.-no

4.-no

5.-no

6.-no

7.-no

8.-no

9.-no

10.- yes, to that fckn scammer in AO (i wont say username)

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

I have subscribed to a exploit site. Well, so called exploit. Most of the stuff on those sites is years out of date, or just stupid crap like what you find in those dimwitted guides on Ebay.

All the real exploits are closely guarded secrets.

But no to the rest.

-------
    I was never what you wanted, I could never never please.
    I swallowed all our sorrow in the midst of my disease.
    All my fortunes, all my gains, all the battles I have won...
    Now collapsing like the rain, I stand alone, your only son...

Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Sing softly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

• Cyan8313Cyan8313 Member Posts: 37

1:Yes, In EvE online.
    2: No
    3: No
    4: No
    5: No
    6: No
    7: No
    8: No
    9: No
    10: No

C

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

1) Have you ever sold in-game currency through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?
    Yes

2) Have you ever sold a MMORPG/MMO game account through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?
    Yes

3) Have you ever subscribed to a cheat/exploit forum or website?
    No

4) Have you ever profiteered from the use of bugs/exploits for items, levelling, in-game currency or real world monetary gain?
    No

5) Have you ever attempted to "scam" other players through misrepresentation of an item or trade related bugs/exploits?
    No

6) Have you ever sexually harassed another player, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)
    No

7) Have you ever used racial slurs against an individual, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)
    No

8) Have you ever organised, or helped organised a large scale attack on other players based on their sexuality, language or nationality?
    No

9) Have you ever represented yourself as an official company representative in order to "scam" other players? I.e. falsely representing yourself as a GM?
    No

10) Have you ever attempted to harm - emotionally, verbally or physically another player in the real world due to in-game events?
    No

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• DX_IntruderDX_Intruder Member Posts: 65

1. no

2. non

3. nein

4. no and shame on you if you have! shame!! on you.

5. no, see 4

6. no, see 4

7. no, see 4

8. no, and you should be hit w/ something blunt :)

9. no, see 8

10. nope

• jorditrekkerjorditrekker Member Posts: 23

No to all, although in all honesty if certain people were in close proximity to me the answer to question 10 would be different.

• dirtymexdirtymex Member Posts: 17

1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. On a UO player shard, Yes, otherwise while playing EQ/AO/AC2/DAoC/SB/Priston Tale/RagO - no
    5. no
    6. no
    7. no
    8. no
    9. no
    10. no

• MeesterBoBoMeesterBoBo Member Posts: 4

1       no

2       yes

3       no

4       um, duh

5       yup

6       nope

7       nope

8       nope

9       once or twice

Who hasent

Rowr!

Rowr!

• vamsevamse Member Posts: 97

no to all, except question 2.

I traded 2 max level caracters (everquest) with great gear for a geforce4 card once to a guildmember once.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

1)      Have you ever sold in-game currency through an auction site or directly to a company or individual? No

2)      Have you ever sold a MMORPG/MMO game account through an auction site or directly to a company or individual? No

3)      Have you ever subscribed to a cheat/exploit forum or website? No

4)      Have you ever profiteered from the use of bugs/exploits for items, levelling, in-game currency or real world monetary gain? c'mon...it was Open beta, there were a lotta bugs, and I couldn't afford a ship ticket..lol

5)      Have you ever attempted to ?scam? other players through misrepresentation of an item or trade related bugs/exploits? No

6)      Have you ever sexually harassed another player, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion) No

7)      Have you ever used racial slurs against an individual, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion) Yea..too many of that "certain race" in Lineage II farming.

8)      Have you ever organised, or helped organised a large scale attack on other players based on their sexuality, language or nationality? pking fest on the chinese farmers..boy was that fun.

9)      Have you ever represented yourself as an official company representative in order to ?scam? other players? I.e. falsely representing yourself as a GM? No

10)  Have you ever attempted to harm ? emotionally, verbally or physically another player in the real world due to in-game events? uhh...insults?

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Originally posted by Mattius

10)  Have you ever attempted to harm – emotionally, verbally or physically another player in the real world due to in-game events?

I only harm people that think they can conduct scientific questionnaires on public forums.

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337
    No to all, but my question is about number 6.. Doesn that mean short term sexual harasment is ok? .. Just a sec I gotta log on and find me some "ladies" real quick. image

• AlistairAlistair Member UncommonPosts: 318

No to all of the above, though I've known people who have, on multiple occasions, sold accounts and in game currency..I've even considered it...but the other stuff is just common sense unless you're a complete social retard.

AHH! Run away from the monster! He's going to eat us!

Socializer 80% Explorer 73% Achiever 33% Killer 13%

Killer 100% Socializer 40% Explorer 33% Achiever 27%

• ShelkShelk Member UncommonPosts: 66

1 No

2 Yes

3 No

4 No

5 Yes

6 No

7 No

8 No

9 No

10 No

• StabbyStabby Member Posts: 39
    No to all of them except number 10. I am currently rotting in jail for killing a bunch of people because they stole my Jester camp in EQ... hehe.

• SquareSquare Member Posts: 254
    1.No
    2.No
    3.No
    4.No
    5.No
    6.No
    7.No
    8.No
    9.No
    10.No

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

• el_Slackoel_Slacko Member Posts: 310

Ive drawn up a little questionnaire that im hoping to get a good response from. I intend to post the questionnaire in multiple MMORPG forums for maximum response. Please answer the questions with a simple "yes" "no" answer.
    There are 10 questions. PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS HONESTLY. Since there is no real system of generating answers that are 100% honest, im hoping you guys will do the right thing.
    I'll be checking on the progress of the thread regularly, and will post the results on a website in a couple weeks time (depending on response/impact). I realize these questions are somewhat provokative, and im hoping forum moderators will allow it too live :)
    1)      Have you ever sold in-game currency through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?
    No

2)      Have you ever sold a MMORPG/MMO game account through an auction site or directly to a company or individual?
    No

3)      Have you ever subscribed to a cheat/exploit forum or website?
    No

4)      Have you ever profiteered from the use of bugs/exploits for items, levelling, in-game currency or real world monetary gain?
    Yes

5)      Have you ever attempted to “scam” other players through misrepresentation of an item or trade related bugs/exploits?
    No

6)      Have you ever sexually harassed another player, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)
    No

7)      Have you ever used racial slurs against an individual, or group/type of player(s) over a long period? (more than the odd occasion)
    No

8)      Have you ever organised, or helped organised a large scale attack on other players based on their sexuality, language or nationality?
    No

9)      Have you ever represented yourself as an official company representative in order to “scam” other players? I.e. falsely representing yourself as a GM?
    No

No

1 Yes answer. Almost 2, but you were too specific and it excluded me image

• TrebekTrebek Member Posts: 266

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) No
    4) No
    5) No
    6) No
    7) No
    8) No
    9) No
    10)No

---------------------------------
    Long Term MMO's Played:
    Ultima Online - 3 Years
    Dark Age of Camelot - 3 Years

Less Than 1 Month:
    Shadowbane, Planetside
    Everquest, Ragnarok Online
    City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies
    Horizons, Fung Wan Online
    The Sims Online

-----------------------------------
    | Final Fantasy | Free iPod |
    -----------------------------------

• 88ruby8888ruby88 Member Posts: 20
    No to every one! why in the heck would I want to do any of that? I'm in these games to have fun. but I do know that a lot of people will say yes to a lot of them. I play mmorpgs to interact and group with people! Not bug people and make money off them!image

LOOK AT THE POST IDIOT!!

• MattiusMattius Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Mattius

10)  Have you ever attempted to harm ? emotionally, verbally or physically another player in the real world due to in-game events?

I only harm people that think they can conduct scientific questionnaires on public forums.

Its not really designed to be "scientific" as such, its designed to provide an "indication" a "pointer" if you like, on how people conduct themselves in and around MMORPG games. It will be used to write an article im working on. If i was to propose this technique for a university research paper...ummm i dont like my chances.

Thx guys for all your responses. Ill let this thread run a while longer, i want to get the best response possible in order to establish a good body of data. It seems most of your are pretty decent or is it you just dont wanna confess? :) Either way thx for the responses and keep em coming.