Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE: Hot Tips

tck_tokyotck_tokyo Member Posts: 125

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread with lots of useful tips about EVE on it.

Basically just post any amount of tips, and number them. Feel free to come back and post again if you come up with new ones. If you disagree with someone elses, then post a tip of your own countering it, but don't start flaming and don't start discussions.

Here are some of what I think are basic but very important tips:

1) Don't fly a ship you can't afford to lose.

2) If your ship is worth alot to you, and you plan to put it in any form of danger, INSURE IT!

3) Keep your clone up to date constantly. Getting podded isn't fun, losing skills is ten times as bad.

4) Find the right balance of expensive and rare/cheap and common mods. Using all expensive equipment is sometimes not worth the risk of losing them all, even if it makes your ship fantastic, but using all stock parts will put you far behind.

---

EVE-Addict
Anjelle [Freelancer Union]

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
But that's just me.

---

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
But that's just me.

Comments

• ZsterZster Member Posts: 21

Here's my tips:

1) Play EVE in the window mode- if you can. Just click Esc key while playing. A menu will pop up. Go to where it says full screen, you'll notice an arrow, click it and choose window mode. You may have to select a different screen size set-up, just experiment. Use Alt + Enter if you make adjustments that make images so large you can't change them, this happened to me once lolz. Alt + Enter will toggle full screen mode vs window screen mode. EVE can be boring while traveling, but by watching the game while you web search, makes it more enjoyable =).

2) Join a corporation who wants to help YOU. Preferably one who doesn't ever ask you to do things for them. A good corporation will wait for its members to give initiative to a corp issue. It will also embrace its new members and help them become veterans. This in turn will make that player want to help others in the corp.

3) Sell Ore that you mine straight until you increase your industrial skills such as "Refining". Refining is useful to make Minerals which can sell for more than Ore.

4) Do not shoot other players, unless you want the CONCORD police after you no matter where you go (except certain low security areas). Wait for them to shoot you first =), and even then use caution lolz.

5) Always have a skill training. When playing for short time, train a short skill (a skill that takes 1 hour to learn lets say). When leaving for an extended time, train a longer skill (a skill that takes 1 day to learn lets say). You can only have 1 skill learning at a time, with none in qeue, no matter you can still make the skill learning system work for you =).

6) Be kind to other player. One day while playing I helped someone. The next day I had 20 Million ISK donated to my account =). The random acts of kindness rules can apply here.

---------------------------------------------
    Visit me at http://cheerz.low-ping.com/main.asp =)

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

listen to eve-radio www.eve-radio.com cause its fun and adds a certain je ne said quoi to the game.

not much a tip  image but hey

here some game tips

1) always check yer cargo hold before you undock when yer headed somewhere (you would be suprised how many times it isnt there when you get to where you were going .. the potential of this happening increase in direct corelation to the distant traveled)

2) keep your eye on local when traveling in 0.4-0.0 systems.  if you dont know who the hell the person is then play it safe.  pirates love it when people wander by on auto-pilot or without looking to see who esle they are in the system with.

3) when mining always watch for ore theives .. there is little you can do about them when it comes down to it, but being aware may allow you to take the necesary precautions. if someone steals your ore, tell the local, tell your corp mates, tell an eve-radio dj, post it on the forums and shout it to the mountain tops.  were all in this together (sorta)

4) learn learning skills first. this grants exponential growth

5) check, double check, and check again that the thing your buying is in the station you want it to be (and not halfway accross the region your in) check that your looking at the buy price and not the sell price (yes it happens) and check that yer not buying too high or selling too low.. take your time .. eve is not a race.

6) check the map for podkills, ships kills and pilots in system.  this may seem obvious, but being aware of your environment is not only helpful, but over time this will leave you savy about the environment you travel in, and you may not need to look to know what systems to have your whits about you and which to go to the washroom while passing through.

7) smacktalk pirates - its what they there for. (be nice of course .. and yes there is such a thing nice smacktalk)

8) have fun - its a bloody game not real life.

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106
    1) Whenever you're growing bored, you have most likely been doing something for too long, eg. running boring agent missions or mining low ores at .7+. Stop that, and go looking for something more interesting. If possible, don't do those two things at all. If you think you're making slow progress, you are and there are always better, faster and more fun ways.