Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best moderators this site ever has (popularity contest)

2»

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

Eh, what do you expect? Half the people here these days are after our time. Richard(Kunou) would have won the poll hands down most likely if it were taken 2-3 years ago.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

I voted for Taera.  When there was a thread out of control, she was calm and civil in her e-mail discussing the situation with me.  I didn't get any kind of attitude or superiority complex from her, as often the case when someone drops a decision hammer.  If I were able, I'd make her head of the Sony Online Entertainment Customer Service so that she could teach them that it IS possible to be kind and helpful to people who have a legitimate complaint.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

the only reason i didn't vote for certain other moderators was this, with dekron, enigma, finwe, paratrooper, etc. All have thousands of posts and some i even remember as active members before they became moderators.

But Taera im not saying anything bad about her, but her registration date is in 06, she has less then 1000 posts and i honestly just can't remember her as far as activity on the forums.

I would very much like all moderators to make themselves known like particularly en1gma, i mean thats like police not being active members of the community that they police.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Ok, im going to go waay back in time here:

KillerTwinkie gets my top vote.

Admin gets my second vote as he was very active on the boards a long time ago.

Originally posted by Flem

i forgot KT but i cant remember when admin actively posted......

I only remember admin making stickies and locking threads lol.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• XeximaXexima Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

What Draenor said.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Vampir

Originally posted by Flem

i forgot KT but i cant remember when admin actively posted......

I only remember admin making stickies and locking threads lol.

Back in 2002/2003 when this was still a fledgling site Admin posted a lot as it wasnt all that busy back then and certainly didnt have the volume of traffic is has today.  Admin at the time had a higher post count then Murt if you can beleive that.  And we all know Murt liked to post and reply to everything.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I wonder what Murt is doing right now...

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Hell, add Woopin to my list also. He's not doin' too bad for a newbie.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

PR management! Gasp!  I'm COMMUNITY management, get it straight! :P

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I guess my "brass balls" way of chatting on the forums built up a lotta good rapport in my favor!

I remembered how Admin HATED that I would talk on the forums as a moderator.  I dont know what the rules are now, but when I was a mod we were forbidden to talk on any of these forums unless it is for banning/warning/or giving factual MMO non-biased advice.

ooooooooo Craig hated me for that! I just couldn't shut up. If someone spouted about how a game sucked that was in NDA, I would rip into him (or her) and then give her a warning.

I posted how I felt about current events

I posted how I felt about other people's attitude on certain MMOs.

It was fun but I know I must have given Craig some medical problems.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Originally posted by Taera

PR management! Gasp!  I'm COMMUNITY management, get it straight! :P

do we have PR management?????

ive never seen that tag on any mod.