Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bots ruined the game.

mstrkrftmstrkrft Member Posts: 2

The game was amazing a few months ago -when it was just released as a free-to-play game- but bots have taken over. It's almost impossible to complete quests because there are over 20 bots all ksing your monsters, and the chat is always spammed with gp farmers wanting to sell their gold.

Just a little thought so some of you can save bandwidth.

Comments

• shareadsharead Member Posts: 2

No game is perfect, and every game has its bots, the difference is the number of bots.

Personally, I am in support of this game.

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158

rly? i see a bot like maybe once a week at most and they get pked pretty fast

genius inside insanity

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

rf online is much like lineage... bots bots bottssss

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158

its nowhere near as bad as lineage. i only see bots on my bellato alt that i never play on. on acc i never see bots because acc hates them so much the usualy get pked in about 5 minutes

genius inside insanity

• hachanhachan Member Posts: 21

Don't know about you but I have not run into a single botter yet.  All I have seen is gold botters spamming but thats it. you must be thinking of silkroad online since THAT game has the bot problem.

• RhalanRhalan Member Posts: 11

Just wanted to say that the bot threat has gone down much in this game. It was high when they were switching gms but it is not as bad now. Higher level players have been killing the bots too.  The bots also are only at the lower levels. Onces you hit around 20 or so and leave the first map you play on, you should not  see many at all (I haven't seen one)

• makeoutmakeout Member Posts: 4

It is really very disgusting to have so many bots. I hate!!

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

Not a single bot? Are you kidding me?

I just loaded the game up for the first time and the instant I get in-game I can't read a thing as I'm spammed to death with scrolling bot spam advertising gold. It was scrolling so fast I couldn't even read the bots spam.

Eventually after five minutes and a very helpfull person who stood in front of me so I could see their chat (above their head), I was able to disable map(?) chat and stop the spam.

The thing that gets me that there is a REALLY simple piece of code which could be added server side and it would cure ALL of the gold spammers. When a gold spammer starts all a GM would have to do is add the website they are spamming to a chat filter. After that ANY sentence containing that website addy would be dropped from chat and no one would see it.

Bot says "www.freegold.blarg"

GM adds "freegold.blarg"

Bot is silenced.

No need to boot the bots, no need to constantly ban accounts. It cost money to purchase domain names and I'm sure they'd give up changing addresses after a while.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I chat-blocked those spammers as I liked to chat in /map chat occasionally. I think it was through buddy list (B), but their names are a pain to type. Ether and higherlvl maps should be spam and bot free btw.

Cheers.

• petrickopetricko Member Posts: 84

when i get home and play tonight, I will have to try that spam blocking.  It will make the game much more enjoyable. I can't communicate with anyone since it scrolls to fast b/c of those bots constantly spamming. Thanks for the tip.

• jordancdsjordancds Member Posts: 14

Ummm...thats why you turn off map chat.  If you spend the time to solve problems yourself, then the game is really enjoyable. 

Also when you have a bot in the way, just pay someone to come kill them with a chaos pot.  I have my own "hitman" that comes and kills bots for me.  Now he does it for free and we've become friends.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Thats the thing that turns me off most about these asian mmo's.. It seems that there are always soo many people who want nothing more than to find ways to cheat the system in them.. It made me run away from Gunz and Maple story as well.. The whole gold farming bot thing is so detrimental to the game that it has made me very reluctant to actually enjoy the community of an asian based game..

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

yeah i dont understand botting/hacking

playing the game should be entertaining, if you have to use a program to play it for you...whats the point

whats the point of buying gold from websites

whats wrong with these people, if the games so boring, or your so stuck, play a better game, all botting and buying gold does is slowly kill the game

sad to hear all this about RF

• GudronGudron Member Posts: 13

BOTs BOTS bots BoTs all free games has BOTS ...move to a p2p game ....AGAIN ~!

• lRoselRose Member Posts: 7

P2P game dont have bots???

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

P2P does have bots..i was on WOW for like 2 hours (then i quit it) and i could see bots everywere

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

Accres are bots in the first place. XD PK theeeeeeeeem! GLORY FOR THE EMPIRE! XD

• lonewolf01lonewolf01 Member Posts: 7

Bots Bots STUPIDE GOLD SELLER blah blah goshhh i cant believe how imature u ppls can be!

yea i myself hate bots/farmer but let me ask u this n try to think for a sec b4 answering ok? ^v^

whom do u think is worse those bots/farmer or the actual player botting n specialy ebayer?

w/o those shore loser there wont be any goldseller no buyer=no seller simple!

no offend to u guys but most of botter n ebayer r american,they r the1 u should hate the most coz is them that make the market of goldselling goin soo well. :)

hope after reading this thread u stop overreacting stupidely about BOTS BOTS (there a problem in every1 game live with it or leave it coz remenber the GOLDSELLER  wont LEAVE for ya)  ^__^

• 09280928 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by lonewolf01

Bots Bots STUPIDE GOLD SELLER blah blah goshhh i cant believe how imature u ppls can be!
    yea i myself hate bots/farmer but let me ask u this n try to think for a sec b4 answering ok? ^v^
    whom do u think is worse those bots/farmer or the actual player botting n specialy ebayer?
    no offend to u guys but most of botter n ebayer r american,they r the1 u should hate the most coz is them that make the market of goldselling goin soo well. :)
    hope after reading this thread u stop overreacting stupidely about BOTS BOTS (there a problem in every1 game live with it or leave it coz remenber the GOLDSELLER  wont LEAVE for ya)  ^__^

americans aren't the most botters nor buyer and if i'm not mistaken asians and koreans are the biggest mmo players which might give you some clue to who maybe the ones buying these bots

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

The best solution is to turn off map chat like one of the other posters said earlier.  You won't hear them spamming at all unless you are right next to them.  

The sad thing is that they must be getting some good customers.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• DestroyeronDestroyeron Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by lonewolf01

WTF Did you just attempt to say?