Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: EQ Platinum Ships

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

SOE has just announced that the new bundled edition of EQ - "EverQuest Platinum" has shipped to stores everwhere. This new edition will feature EQ with all 7 expansion packs.  Here is their press release:

SAN DIEGO, CA - July 26, 2004 - Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online gaming, announced today that EverQuest®: Platinum, an affordable, all-inclusive collection that offers the original game as well as the first seven expansion packs, The Ruins of Kunark®, The Scars of Velious®, The Shadows of LuclinTM , The Planes of PowerTM , The Legacy of YkeshaTM , Lost Dungeons of NorrathTM , and Gates of DiscordTM  will be available in stores tomorrow for the suggested retail price of $29.99.

"If you have yet to experience the online gaming phenomenon known as EverQuest, now is the perfect time to do so," said Don Vercelli, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Sony Online Entertainment. "EverQuest: Platinum offers players the opportunity to experience an enchanting online fantasy world that took five years of hard work to create in one comprehensive package at a very reasonable price."

Perfect for the new player or a great addition for the current player, EverQuest: Platinum offers a living, breathing online fantasy world filled with hundreds of thousands of players. Journey as a fierce barbarian warrior or an evil dark elf shadowknight, the choice is yours as you explore over 350 square miles of virtual environments filled with over a million non-player characters to encounter and over 40,000 unique items to discover. The world of EverQuest is a land with no limits where adventure and excitement reign supreme.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• udapawudapaw Member Posts: 2
    imageimageimage

• Perm2069Perm2069 Member Posts: 92
    this package has been made for one reason i think.  SOE needs to keep rakeing in the funds untill their next expansion happens.  but they are delayed, so they are just makeing a new EQ evolutions untill their next expansion is ready.

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

or they just hear a lot of people complain about how they can't afford all expansions.

And to all the people who did complain about this and didnt listen to me when i said SOE would make it affordable... I told ya so.

MegaWolf's EQ2 Site in the making.
    http://www.lovellz.net/battlefield/phpnuke/

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85

Well it kind of is a message to all of us who have payed for all the expansions up to now individually, just wait till the game is going strong and then just buy this type of package and save hundreds of dollars.

If no one purchases it up front and they have spent so much on developing and creating it, and you ahve to pay a monthly fee anyway then I bet they would drop the initial price to get people in the game.

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Makes me want to try Everquest and see wether it was good or not, but... Meh. I will wait for the newer games to release.

Sky and Beyond: Developer
    www.skyandbeyond.tk

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    Same crap, different package

-=-=-=-=-
    "We're a game that's focused on grouping and on solo play, you know, more group oriented, more solo play..."
    John Blakely Senior lead for EQ2. Link

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049
    Geez!  A tad more cynical than usual, aren't we Glove? image

-----
    There are 10 types of people in this world...those who understand binary, and those who don't.

MMORPG.com Staff

-----

Old timer.

• Regal_TRRegal_TR Member Posts: 249
    Same Dookie, Different toilet.

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

lol, it kinda reminds me of how right before the release of the game boy advanced, Nintendo had a huge game boy campeign to try and get rid of backstock and to milk as much money as the could out of the old product...

They still got it. So repackage it and sell it off. milk it image

Nothing evil about it, every company does it.. except MS, the discontinue the old product and refuse support for it to force you to upgrade image...

• diegofrgcdiegofrgc Member Posts: 451

Im going to try it, if i like it i will play it until EQ2

BTW im not a fanboy