Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape, now what is it?

DivineIcezDivineIcez Member Posts: 21

Quick Question:

Is runescape the only game that tries to cancel RWT's or are there any other games that cancel RWT's and make players suffer at the same time? I think RuneScape is the only game that does that. No wonder it has a low rating..

Comments

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

I understand runescape trying a little bit to get rid of RWTer's, but what they did was a terrible decision.  Many other mmo's have RWting, but its not that big of a deal.  They should worry about gameplay first, then the RWters

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

Seriously.

• Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162

Runescape is the only game to take RWT's as a serious threat to their game, Currently runescape is the #2 MMO population wise, catering for over 7 million players, second only to warcraft,

Pre-cu Fanbois,
    There will be no rollback.
    Go outside - Get a life,
    It's not coming back.
    We arn't giving you your game-back.
    So go outside, and realize that you've wasted 2 years.
    Pre-cu Fanbois.

• DivineIcezDivineIcez Member Posts: 21

RuneScape didint even stop real world traders. Thats the funny part, Jagex theyve ruin the game  and RWTs are yet not stopped.

I really dont care about RWTs.

And how are RWTs a threat to the game. I dont see runescape getting bugs or viruses from RWTs, they arent getting murdered or anything. RWTs are simply no threat

~DivineIcez~

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by DivineIcez

RuneScape didint even stop real world traders. Thats the funny part, Jagex theyve ruin the game  and RWTs are yet not stopped.

~DivineIcez~
    They stopped RWT in its tracks. Item selling is IMPOSSIBLE. Some have turned to account selling, but most of the people running the operation went to play (and ruin) another game.

RWT was a big problem. At the time of the update, it wasn't doing much harm, but it increased an average of 300% a year. By 2010 or so, RuneScape would be overrun.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• DivineIcezDivineIcez Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Llamster

~DivineIcez~
    They stopped RWT in its tracks. Item selling is IMPOSSIBLE. Some have turned to account selling, but most of the people running the operation went to play (and ruin) another game.

RWT was a big problem. At the time of the update, it wasn't doing much harm, but it increased an average of 300% a year. By 2010 or so, RuneScape would be overrun.

Sorry, but Jagex didnt stop RWTs. People are saying (this is not a rumor) that now RWTs ask for your login details and makes the money for you.

I dont know about you, but other MMO's arent getting "overunned" by RWTs.

~DivineIcez

You're right, they switched from Money to accounts, and from gold coins to real money. Honestly, they might've made RWT in Runescape worse because there's no exchange in coins, now just exclusively money!

Edit:

Sorry, but Jagex didnt stop RWTs. People are saying (this is not a rumor) that now RWTs ask for your login details and makes the money for you.
      Oh I didn't know that!

-=- Simiswimm -=-

• AczeroAczero Member Posts: 248

I hope they are making a new Runescape, Runescape 3. With better 3D graphics, better movement and bigger world, but with the same concept. That will be the best game ever.

Originally posted by Aczero

I hope they are making a new Runescape, Runescape 3. With better 3D graphics, better movement and bigger world, but with the same concept. That will be the best game ever.

That would be great. They'll have no trading, no PvP, and no real point in playing it. Knowing Jagex, they'd probably go further than this as well. Probably auto-banning every time you say a filtered word, like "Poof." Go try it, poof really is filtered lmao.

-=- Simiswimm -=-

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Simiswimm

Originally posted by Aczero

That would be great. They'll have no trading, no PvP, and no real point in playing it. Knowing Jagex, they'd probably go further than this as well. Probably auto-banning every time you say a filtered word, like "Poof." Go try it, poof really is filtered lmao.

-=- Simiswimm -=-

They have no plans for one... they're making mechscape and funorb.

?

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

The new forms of RWT will never become nearly as popular as item selling was.

And yes, very few games have been "overrun" by RWT. But that's because very few games are RWT paradises like RuneScape was before Dec. 10.

And Simiswimm, that's pretty stupid, because the only reason they did what they did on Dec. 10 was to stop RWT.

P.S. RuneScape is already 3D.

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

• mike480mike480 Member Posts: 75

Your wrong llamester-item trading will go on just as much.  The only diffefrence is that people will buy ACCOUNTS, instead of the objects.  Another thing they do is get on ur account and make the money for u.  Jagex did not entirely stop the RWTer's, and the only good part is that all the macroes are gone.

P.S.  You've been the only one to stick up for Jagex after the update - youve been on most of the forums.  You should stop sticking up for them and  open up ur eyes, someone must have sewn them shut