Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make site run faster than a crippled duck

SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

All right, MMORPG.com, to be a blunt, is a slow, slow site. Amazingly slow. The funny thing is, it does not matter what time of day it is, nor how many people are online, it is just always slow, especially the forums.

Why? I do not know. I do not think it is network lag, but rather inefficient coding or insufficient server resources.

Also, I know it is not my connection because every other website, even gaming portals larger than this one, load quickly. IGN, Gamespot, etc. Their main sites and their forums are far faster, at least 200%.

I would really love it if the site was more responsive as it is not too fun to wait while a page loads like it is still 1996. Sometimes I resort to reading stuff in other tabs while this site chugs along, just to pass the time.

Comments

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

Hey Sornin, how odd!  I very rarely have chug on the site.  Is it MMORPG.com only that you have this issue with?  What connection/web browser are you using?

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• NoktarisNoktaris Member Posts: 270

The site loads very fast for me...just as fast as the other sites you listed.