Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for advice concerning a future upgrade.

METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680

Ok right now i have a duel core PC with Windows XP OEM on it.

I am looking to upgrade the motherbourd and CPU to Quad core and i was wondering if i might have any problems with the OEM software accepting what is essentially a new computer.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
-- Jean Rostand

Comments

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

giving more info on your system would help and yes you will need to buy another OS.

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Ok right now i have a duel core PC with Windows XP OEM on it.
    I am looking to upgrade the motherbourd and CPU to Quad core and i was wondering if i might have any problems with the OEM software accepting what is essentially a new computer.
    If you mean license-wise, then maybe or maybe not.

If you upgrade the mobo, you will have to reactivate your Windows. And OEM versions are often linked to your hardware (basically your mobo), though it seems that depends also on the country you live in.

But people say, that MS will allow you to reactivate Windows a few times if you claim that your old mobo is broken. So, YMMV... good luck