Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Definition of a "Real Man"?

2»

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

A real man should be able to beat Battle toads on the NES without using a gameshark.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Real Man? He wears a shirt with Jayne Cobb on it that says "Public Relations", jeans, and sneakers. Has long, thick, curly hair, listens to Tool, Disturbed, Godsmack, and more. Yes, this is a description of myself at the moment.

If you want an in-depth thesis about what a Man should be, go buy "I Am America (And So Can You!).

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

A real man is him f*cking self. He doesn't try to be someone else.

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I'm angry right now. Don't ask why, as many of you are curious to what a ninja does. Hell. Story is, I can't understand what some girls see in some guys. "Oh that's my man!" she's says. So Rikimaru goes off some points on the checklist:
    - 24 years old and never had a job
    - 4 years older than Rikimaru
    - Intimitated by Rikimaru
    - No Responsibility
    - Others
    (NOTE: don't be pissed if you fall into the catagory above. There's more to the situation and don't apply to everybody.) The the most irritating thing is that when one don't have the balls to talk or stand up to me. When they have to send a message to their girl to rely to me or spy onto conversations. That's when I say you need to MAN-UP. I use the phrase "MAN-UP" to guys who don't stand up to serious situations. What drives me to say that I will tell you in a few.
    Anyway, I want this to be a pretty truthful topic. I want to ask you what is the definition of a "Real Man" in your own opinion.

You're old enough to know the truth...

member of imminst.org

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by Gameloading

A real man should be able to beat Battle toads on the NES without using a gameshark.

The hell you say! Thats like trying to beat super ghouls and ghosts on super nintendo without a gameshark. It's not possible!

• zlayzerzlayzer Member Posts: 81

Well i have no deffinition of a real man but i can tell that i really need to Man-up and become a real man because i dont even dare to ask the girl i'm in love with if she loves me aswell...........I've been Flirting with her for like 3 years but i'm to much of a coward to ask her.... I know she likes me but still i dont dare asking her.....

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Dood, get in there!  The worst she can say is no...  and if she does just move along.  You obviously know she has feelings for you so make with the doing.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

I'd say that "Real Men" are so secure that they don't need to make posts about it on an internet forum. /shrug.

• War_EagleWar_Eagle Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by 8hammer8

A real man:
    assists those in need when it is within his powers and not need recognition (altruism is still alive)
    teaches those who care to learn (be it family, friends or a child with a million and one questions)
    does anything to provide for their family (second job, jump a border, sacrafices things they enjoy, etc.)
    does not have to fit into a sterotype (rich, religious, poor, educated, etc.)
    treats people with respect (wife, child, homeless, teachers, co-workers, etc.)
    is self-assured in their actions (at work, on the playing field, on the street.)

I could not dream of saying that so eloquently.  You summed it up perfectly! 

Especially the part about respect. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All Rights Reversed

• darknesstoodarknesstoo Member Posts: 2

Don't know the real definition of a real man~~

In my opinion, all in all, a real man should be responsible and honest.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

I'm angry right now. Don't ask why, as many of you are curious to what a ninja does. Hell. Story is, I can't understand what some girls see in some guys. "Oh that's my man!" she's says. So Rikimaru goes off some points on the checklist:
    - 24 years old and never had a job
    - 4 years older than Rikimaru
    - Intimitated by Rikimaru
    - No Responsibility
    - Others
    (NOTE: don't be pissed if you fall into the catagory above. There's more to the situation and don't apply to everybody.) The the most irritating thing is that when one don't have the balls to talk or stand up to me. When they have to send a message to their girl to rely to me or spy onto conversations. That's when I say you need to MAN-UP. I use the phrase "MAN-UP" to guys who don't stand up to serious situations. What drives me to say that I will tell you in a few.
    Anyway, I want this to be a pretty truthful topic. I want to ask you what is the definition of a "Real Man" in your own opinion.

A "real man" would know that any girl who would do that is either in love or is too stupid to have a stable relation ship with without the interuptions of infidelity. This man also ideally would have been able to see this in the girl in the first place.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• nightheartnightheart Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by CactusmanX

I don't believe in gender roles, so I also don't believe in the concept of a "real man" or a "real woman" for that matter.
    But there are traites that I consider noble, something that in my opinion everybody should poccess.
    Truthfulness (especially intellectual honesty)
    Empathy (this includes general kindness and peace)
    Artfullness (everyone should have an appreciation for art)
    Thoughtfullness (not as in education, but willingness to think and explore new ideas)
    Self Reliance (nobody should mooch, likewise everyone should think for themselves and not have their lives and thoughts dictated to them)
    Directness (I hate when peope dance around topics, they should just say what they mean and be direct)
    Not exactly the picture of a manly man that is popular, I really detest the alcohol embibing, automated phalic symbol driving, misogynistic alpha male mentality.
    But hey they are free to live how they want.

I don't believe in gender roles, either. Everyone should try their best to be real people.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Cant believe I am replying to a Riki thread, but here goes.

- Does not refer to himself in third person.

- Does not think he is a Ninja.

Cant really blame him for being intimidated by you, if you are half the nutjob RL that you are here then id be bloody afraid to.

It just had to be said, sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• zlayzerzlayzer Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Umbrood

- Does not refer to himself in third person.
    - Does not think he is a Ninja.
    Cant really blame him for being intimidated by you, if you are half the nutjob RL that you are here then id be bloody afraid to.

Why cant you belive you are replying to a Riki thread?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Umbrood

- Does not refer to himself in third person. (I do that for fun on THESE forums)
    - Does not think he is a Ninja. (Do some research or PM me if your man enough to do that)

Ohhhhh, so the way I act online is suposed to reflect my actions or attitude offline?  Don't come in my topic and TRY to MAN UP to me then say "sorry". You already lost that chance long ago. If you want to take the forums serious even in a topic like this (or the two lousy things you have against me) , I think there are other places you should go.

Replying in my topic don't make you a man...heh.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by METALDRAG0N

Real men have Testicles and naturally produce Testosterone.

That's a perfect definiton.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Ohhhhh, so the way I act online is suposed to reflect my actions or attitude offline?  Don't come in my topic and TRY to MAN UP to me then say "sorry". You already lost that chance long ago. If you want to take the forums serious even in a topic like this (or the two lousy things you have against me) , I think there are other places you should go.
    Replying in my topic don't make you a man...heh.
    No, it is not supposed to reflect your actions or attitude offline.

Not sure if that was a question or if you are trying to say that your behaviour here does not reflect your offline self, there is the answer in any case.

Exactly how "long" ago did I lose my chance to man up, or say sorry?

To be honest I am unsure wich of the two I lost my chance at, or is it both?

Because not only were my post really short, you replied to it fairly quickly, then again perhaps Ninjas have a different sense of time then the rest of us lowly beings.

And pray tell, when do I state I take this seriously?

More importantly though, with this new revelation that you are in fact "joking", what makes you the only one allowed to do that?

And absolutely nowere did I imply that replying in your topic made me a man, if I implied anything it was that the opposite is true.

And saying I was sorry was a courtesy, not to you but to the other people here for the knee-jerk response I knew was coming from you, and behold, it did.

Now Riki, repeat after me.

"Other people are allowed to make jokes to"

Even if they are about you.

Umbrood is out.

Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

I didn't feel like reading that man, because I got to go to work. I don't like making tension so whatever you said, I'll just leave it at that. If you don't want to drop in my topics, don't, but I don't expect you to come in for an opportunity to dis me.

|

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by CactusmanX

I don't believe in gender roles, so I also don't believe in the concept of a "real man" or a "real woman" for that matter.
    But there are traites that I consider noble, something that in my opinion everybody should poccess.
    Truthfulness (especially intellectual honesty)
    Empathy (this includes general kindness and peace)
    Artfullness (everyone should have an appreciation for art)
    Thoughtfullness (not as in education, but willingness to think and explore new ideas)
    Self Reliance (nobody should mooch, likewise everyone should think for themselves and not have their lives and thoughts dictated to them)
    Directness (I hate when peope dance around topics, they should just say what they mean and be direct)
    Not exactly the picture of a manly man that is popular, I really detest the alcohol embibing, automated phalic symbol driving, misogynistic alpha male mentality.
    But hey they are free to live how they want.

What do you mean you dont believe in gender roles? For robots?

• Stey-CoullStey-Coull Member Posts: 3

The Kinda girl who would say something like "There's a real man!" directed at a man of the description you gave WITHOUT joking around isn't the type to be reading an online mmorpg forum. So... wasted time on the "Try to make them realize that I am much more awesomer cuz I'ma Ninja!" front. Also, probably not the kind of girl you would be compatible with. So... more wasted time.

Edit: Bane82 = Real Man.

Originally posted by Nasica

Funny how you went out of your way to say it.

What possible inference can you make from that, really?

I like to try to be a bit creative in what i write.

But JUST for you

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX.

As for the wasting of time.

Have you seen how many posts ive posted in the last hour?

Thats precisely what im trying to do. Waste time arguing frivilous crap.

Its a hobby.

Sigh. =

Sex is only a 3-letter word. I didn't go out of my way (:

And since when is using Quotation marks around a word being creative? o.0  Or even using a euphamism? It's all been done before.

And if your purpose is to waste time, why are you sniping at me for supposedly wasting my own? Doesn't make a lotta sense to me.

Well, i never said i was especially creative, only that i try to be. Its a little thing called self-improvement. I will admit that your clever use of spelling is so much more creative than anything i could have come up with. Cool with a U, wow man, thats some new level shit right there.

Why were you so offended/taken-back/shocked/whatever when i didnt use the word sex? I really dont get that, and of all this pointless conversation, it is really the only answer i am looking for

Doesnt make a lot of sense?

Yet here we are. Arguing a point i dont even understand. I have no delusions that i am doing this to waste time, there is a myriad of productive things i could be doing at the moment. But i choose to sit here and procrastinate with friends, and now strangers. :)

Dont worry mate, dont take me too seriously. I have nothing against ya. Just have a laugh. Thats the important part.

Lawl. A U and two Ls. (:

Not using sex just says something about your character. If you were a teen, it might have been detrimental, but you're apparently a little older.

And if you don't know what we're arguing about, then I don't have to make a point anyways. =P

I am laughing, But just got here and someone already on me. o.0 Only here cuz all I have to do is my chemistry homework. And I'ma procrastinater, so... I'll do it tomorrow two periods before my chemistry class. PROCRASTINATERS UNITE!! WE MEET THE DAY AFTER WE WERE ORIGINALLY SUPPOSED TO!!

Originally posted by Stey-Coull

The Kinda girl who would say something like "There's a real man!" directed at a man of the description you gave WITHOUT joking around isn't the type to be reading an online mmorpg forum. So... wasted time on the "Try to make them realize that I am much more awesomer cuz I'ma Ninja!" front. Also, probably not the kind of girl you would be compatible with. So... more wasted time.

So you feel that the advice, knowledge, or wisdom given by others is a waste of time? Joke or not? To point in that me being a ninja before I said being serious about the "subject" is a front? Being that it's the kinda girl that I won't be compatible with is a waste of time? Are you sure you just didn't waste your time calling everyone who posted in here wasting their time, when pages later you join, post and say that it's all a waste of time? Time is what you make it, and I think you might have wasted your time in your own opinion, but like somebody said. Hanging around on these forums, just a hobby. Welcome to MMORPG.com.

|