Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Alien Invasion have anything for the lowbies?

powersurgedpowersurged Member Posts: 18

I have played AO off and on for awhile now (off and on enough that I never made it past 60 though lol) and I was curious will Alien Invasion have any content for the low lvl folk or will it be mostly a high lvl add on of content? I know of the player cities and social additions but will the real meat of the content be mixed lvls or high level only I haven't seen anyone in any of the previews really mention this, maybe I missed it. I hope it scales by lvl like the missions.

The return to rubi ki away from the everquestish style of shadowlands is what interests me as I LOVED the original. Just running around looking at the content of the cities, subways, even the winds dungeon was neat and nice sci fi content (AO = What SWG should of been IMO).

"So Many good MMORPG's so little time to play em all!"

Comments

• EzrydyrEzrydyr Member Posts: 49

Actually, from what I read, the Alien Invasion happens around player cities.  And, the Alien's AI is appropriate to the level of the players in the city at the time of the attack.  And, if you then bring in the big guns to help out (i.e. your high level alts) the AI will up their baddies appropriately. 

I do like that they are bringing people back to Rubika.  I haven't messed around with Shandowlands much yet, even though I have had the expansion forever.

image Ez image

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

yeah, the description I read of alien invasion it will be very scaled for eachlevel of player in the city that is going to be invaded. the example they gave was....

1 Level 200 person and 1 level 5 person are in a city about to be invaded. The invasion will consist of one level 200 monster and one level 5 monster and each will track down the correct person. Now I'm not sure if its only one monster for one person that would be kinda boring to only have to fight one monster, If i were level 5 person I'd wanna be chased by like 20 monsters from lvl 1-4. :)

• I also read there is a new newbie area in AI and that it's very enjoyable (but of course someone on the FC staff said that ;) )

• DevellinDevellin Member Posts: 51
    Guess we will find out when we get the beta heh... or you can always go to the site and read up on AI and find out what you need to know.

WhoWha!!!

Good, Evil, I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash, Army of Darkness-

*growls at Devellin*
  • DevellinDevellin Member Posts: 51
    What... its true hehimage

WhoWha!!!

Good, Evil, I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash, Army of Darkness-

Originally posted by Devellin 

when we get the beta heh...

*kicks Devellin in the head*

*Devellin is unable to make use of his Alien Invasion Beta key*

*MMORPG staff award LuRavi the unused key*

*no one cheers for LuRavi's good fortune*

Devellin *sniffles* some ofus were not fortunate enough to win a lucky beta key like *growls deathinnly* like you! *points fericously at Devellin*