Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

runescape dead....now what to play?

merlin291merlin291 Member Posts: 3

i have played runescape for years now, started a clan that was around for 2 years.  we had alot of fun and now that's all over.  i don't need to sit here and talk about why it's over and all that, i only wanna know where to go from here.  i'm looking for a game that combines combat and noncombat in a way that runescape did.  i know runescape was sort of unique in this way, with how it used to have it's own economy and things like that.  but if something similiar is out there i would like to know.  any ideas?

Comments

• blitzruskyblitzrusky Member Posts: 7

maybe u should ply archlord, it is much better then runescape, but u have to download the game thats all.

• rnalisrnalis Member Posts: 5

combines combat and noncombat - Mabinogi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabinogi_%28game%29

supposedly english / international version upcoming. but no site out for it yet

more info

http://www.freetoplay.org/item/41

• forumziforumzi Member Posts: 3

i just started it a few days ago

but why so many people leaving...

you are the best in my life!:)
    welcome to my blog:

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

I was so addicted to runescape a few years ago as a kid. Now I cant stand to play it anymore. Although runescape is very good at what it does, I mean it is browser based.

You could try tibia...I have personally never tried it but I hear its similar to runescape in ways.

• vinzonevinzone Member UncommonPosts: 255

i used to play runescape back in the days when "classic" wasn't classic it was Runescape lol. and then i played a little longer after it went to rs2 but then moved on. And still to this day i have not come across a game that has the amount of non-combat skills that runescape did, not saying no games are better than runescape(because plenty are) but none of them matched the non-combat features that runescape had (in my case anyway) ive always thought runescape would be amazing if they had a total graphics makeover, a completely revamped combat system+ wsad controls no more click to move bull, with the graphics update new animation for all the skills and such of course and maybe a better housing system if they had that it would be quite the good game. But now back to your question as you can see i really don't have an alternative game for you im playing new games that i enjoy but not like what your looking for imho.

• roguetechroguetech Member Posts: 126

I've been on the hunt too, but have come up empty so far. In the mean time, I've started a new character in RS. In the new spirit of the game, he'll be self-sufficient as possible. No rune armor until I make it myself or get it from a drop. The only exception so far has been pick axes. Since he they can't be made, I've let him go higher than the ore he can smith. In a few months, I'll problably have to make an exception for glories too.

• purestplayerpurestplayer Member Posts: 24

I am also looking for a game, i loved runescape. It was like no other game, and they ruined it.

• savagegoosesavagegoose Member Posts: 41

i fouind a free game, aint loaded it yet, but it uses micro payments as money making plan so  there ability to  plasy as free only, plus it has PVP zones of some sort, sooo...

http://www.igg.com/member/vc_reg.php?by=2

anyone looking ofr a new game check it out, its like a 1,2 gig download tho

so maybe read their forums / check out screenies too see if u like before downloading, ill give it a go once month is up and i can download more.

• RushagRushag Member Posts: 39

Play Lineage2

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258

best advice, quit playing

or go on to games like guild wars or WoW

PS guild wars has tons of ex runescape people who quit just because runescape is now ruinedsape XD