Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storyline?

k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I have played L2 in the past but never got that far. First time was in open beta and then I tried it again when they released a new server about a 1.5 years ago. My question is I remember playing running around gathering new gear sets and weapons but I never remember there being any storyline to the game. Did I miss something? Or is there really a lack of storyline or is the game that overrun with PvP content?

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Actually if you go the main website, www.lineage2.com they have the whole story somewhere on the side links (starts with "By the Bonfire") and then has regular continuations of it. There is a whole story that many do not seem to realize. The quests however may be horrible (aka kill monster to get item), the story for the quests are actually all related.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Greatness

Actually if you go the main website, www.lineage2.com they have the whole story somewhere on the side links (starts with "By the Bonfire") and then has regular continuations of it. There is a whole story that many do not seem to realize. The quests however may be horrible (aka kill monster to get item), the story for the quests are actually all related.
    In addition to this, if you spend the time reading the quests which the NPC's give you throughout the game, you will note that there are complementary explanations for your quests which fill in or embelish the lore as summarised on the official forums. You can also find further descriptions which link lore events in the lore behind raidbosses. Each one has a small write up on its background which also ties into the lore. Sadly there is no single repository which links this for the RPers out there, however, with a little bit of perseverance you may stitch it all together. Elliebelly who often posts on the official forums and is one of the moderators on L2 stratics has compiled some of this info allready. You may need to do some more searches though to get the latest info on the Kamael and the new encounters which have been written into the game.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris