Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Race ?

KIR4KIR4 Member Posts: 61

Hello everyone. Ok so i tried getting into Lineage II a few times already but just couldnt realy come to a higher level. It's just so time consuming and ... well not ''that'' fun. It is fun if you find other players to play with, but i usualy dont have the luck of meeting lov level noobs such as myself. Ok anyway ive seen a video of a new one winged angel race, and jsut wanted to ask when they will be implemented in the game, and after that patch if the game will be a little more noob friendly.

Thanks for the anwseres, peace.

Comments

• isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

The new race is in the game yes. Although they are pretty much just a gimmick and not much of an honest attempt at introducing a new race from both a gameplay and fiction perspective.

1-40 is easier than it ever has been and the end game grind is longer than it ever has been. And as always NC soft keeps pushing elitism and RMT sales as adena farmer accounts remain their bread and butter.

• KIR4KIR4 Member Posts: 61

So does the new Race introduce some new clases too ?

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by KIR4

Hello everyone. Ok so i tried getting into Lineage II a few times already but just couldnt realy come to a higher level. It's just so time consuming and ... well not ''that'' fun. It is fun if you find other players to play with, but i usualy dont have the luck of meeting lov level noobs such as myself. Ok anyway ive seen a video of a new one winged angel race, and jsut wanted to ask when they will be implemented in the game, and after that patch if the game will be a little more noob friendly.

Thanks for the anwseres, peace.

Yes the new race called the Kamael is in game. From first impressions and talking to clan members who have chosen to re-roll the Kamael they appear to be quite well balanced in comparison to the other races. They are primarily DDs with a choice of melee, ranged or a mix of melee and magic. They have a lot of unique skills and abilities as well as some inherent flaws. Overall a high DPS class which fits well into exisiting groups.

I'm not sure what you mean by noob friendly but there has been tons of stuff in game for over 12 months now to assist new players. These range from anti-pking buffs which protect you from higher level PKs to one hour newbie buffs and free no grade (NG) soushots/spiritshots...In addition, there are now newbie quests yielding NG armours (like the Wooden Set) and basic NG weapons, there has also been a corresponding increase in drop rates for both adena and NG items in newbie areas. The Weapon and Armour Shops now allow you to upgrade your exisiting NG equipment so you can eventually arrive at the top equipment for your grade. There are also shadow weapon tokens available, which will give you a good head start in saving money for the real weapons.

Similarly, once you hit D and C grades you can continue to upgrade your weapons through the Black Smith of Mammon. He will even change one weapon type to another so if you got some fist wpn as a drop from a mob/raidboss which you want to convert to a bow, then you can do that.

Soul Crystals for C grade + weapon special abilities which you had to level yourself and had a chance to break, can now be bought complete from the Luxury shop in Giran, a significant time and money saving considering the soul/spirit shots and other consumables required for this task in the past.

There are plenty of other examples but this post is getting too long allready.

In a nutshell it has never been easier to play L2.

Is it easy in comparison to other games ? No.

Is the game less harsh or brutal overall ? No.

There have, however, been considerable efforts and steps taken to reduce the influence of the 3rd party market on the game and by and large most characters who chose not to cheat can prosper quite well, albeit in a far longer timeframe than those who chose to "play at the next level"...

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Kir4 what server do you play on? Teon is probly the most populated euro server and then Bartz as a NA, but even so you still have trouble's getting party's in the lower lvl's.

If you can past the 6x + lvl's tho it get's better, but also depends on what class you have if people even want you in party

about mammon i don't think it's a good idea espically not if your server has a 1 adena to 2 ancient adena ratio, but even if it was 1 ancient adena for 1 adena, it's still not cheap since they's extra cost when you upgrade em. only do it when it's the second best weapon your upgrading to the best Grade.

There have, however, been considerable efforts and steps taken to reduce the influence of the 3rd party market on the game and by and large most characters who chose not to cheat can prosper quite well, albeit in a far longer timeframe than those who chose to "play at the next level"...

ehm im not sure what you mean, but i know they don't care about botter's or farmer's at all and the only step they took to make it esaier for us in NA is halfing the math cost on some off the new lvl 80 S stuff.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

What I mean by that is that when you actually go and attempt to get stuff for yourself it is actually a lot easier. The drop rates have improved and they've fixed quest bugs or bugs with quest effects such as when creating mats for your A grade armour for example.

If ppl stop trying to buy everything and actually put a bit of effort into crafting their stuff, they will be amazed at the relative difference in cost between what it costs to craft an item and what ppl are actually charging for them.

If you can't be bothered crafting your stuff, and feel that you have sufficient grasp of the market fluctuations so that you can profit by it and buy your stuff, then by all means keep going, but don't whine about the cost, as you are only profiteering and not actually part of the manufacturing cycle.

The point to note is that there are other alternatives, albeit the crafting road is a lot more time consuming and suprisingly (Not !) requires a group effort to be efficient.

WRT NCSoft not caring about botters and farmers, well that old prune has just about turned to dust. It should by now be reasonably well understood that NCsoft is a business not a charity, they've got their targets to meet and a subscription is a subscription to them. Sure they have put some money into hunting down bots and what not and even gameguard as paltry a defence as it is, was still a step to protect the players and something the company had to shell out for.

The fact is that they are less of a money leech than some of their competitors. NCSoft NOT charging you for their expansions is often overlooked or simply ignored in the greater tendency to whine. Since release every L2 player has essentially got 8 content updates for free. If we use some competitors prices and say they charged $40 bucks per expansion, that still $320 bucks in your pocket or alternatively just short of 2 years of subscription if you paid by month, and longer if you chose to pay for extended subscriptions.

We all know what happens when they bring out the ban stick and allegedly ban the wrong ppl, god knows  L2Blah and even these forums are full of cry me a river essays. Bottom line is that NCSoft does ban accounts. Is it as fast or efficient as we'd like it to be? Obviously not.

Is it profitable for them to invest money to keep their customers? No doubt there is, but there is obviously a threshold based on subscription returns. They like every other company out there they need to balance their earnings and pay their shareholders. They have provided  a solution to the problem which they feel is sufficient given the number of subscriptions paying for the game. As the customer we can accept it or not.

The other MMO's are also infested with bots, but because of their game design they suffer 3rd party abuse a lot better than L2, with its system of open trade on everything (there are very few no drop/sell items). Lets face it the buying power of Adena in L2 is far greater than a lot of other MMO's where money is next to worthless within the greater scheme of the game.

We know the issues in L2, and after 3 years of GM support as it is ingame, know what they will and will not respond to...

Over the years the majority of the playerbase has accepted the issues between NCSoft NA, and NCSoft Korea. Ppl have stopped complaining over issues which NCSoft NA is impotent on.

Constant whining about farmers twists the real issue out of context, that of players not solving the issue themselves in game ! 

Back in prelude and C1 yes the complaint was legitimate, the farmers were a real issue because they were higher level and could not be defeated in PvP even by groups... But by C2 the playerbase caught up to them and given that they were not willing to risk using higher than  C grade equipment to farm with for fear of dropping gear on death, it became very easy to "remove" farmers from chosen XP areas.

Many current players have said over and over again, the game is what it is, and we have now adapted to deal with the issues ourselves, as the game intended us to do from day 1.

The new content and gameplay are as challenging as ever and the successive graphics upgrades have ensured that L2 will remain very popular with the current conneiseurs of Anime.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by Ellyrion

this game is made for Korea, the only direct change they made for us to stop player's on depending on farmer's is halfing our math cost for some off the lvl 80 S grade stuff compared to the people in Korea.

but i agree the economy's gotten easyere at some point's but i don't really know about the increased drop rates.

i agree with the crafting, it's a good way to earn adena's and new player's shoulden't ebay since it ruins a lot off the game.

about botting, yes Ncosft care's more about the money witch most game company's do, but i haven't tried any other game's where they deliberately choose to only ban a very few farmer's or bot's so it looks like they care.

It might be nice with the free update's but it dosen't justify the act at all, and they only free cause they free in Korea.

Over the years the majority of the playerbase has accepted the issues between NCSoft NA, and NCSoft Korea. Ppl have stopped complaining over issues which NCSoft NA is impotent on.

yere pretty much why our population is so low...

i don't really consider the farmer's a problem at all the real problem is the player base who bot's and pretty much wins in pvp because off it.