Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online vs. Age of Conan....

How many WAR vs AoC threads will we see this year?

I'm going to guess at least 100.

p.s. does this count as 1? :p

No annoying animated GIF here!

Comments

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by Xenduli
    How many WAR vs AoC threads will we see this year? I'm going to guess at least 100.p.s. does this count as 1? :p

Yes. There fore comes nice gif:

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Ill bet theres many a disgruntled troll on here whos looking forward to relentlesly bashing one of or both titles this year.

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

I'm looking forward to playing both AoC and WAR, and choosing the one I like the best.  Probably because I haven't played a fantasy MMO in over four years.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• x3rx3sx3rx3s Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Beatnik59

"Gamers want to buy games, but developers refuse to sell them anything but question marks."

--Beatnik59

On a separate note, I don't think there's anything more pretentious than quoting yourself in your own sig.

• jobattjobatt Member Posts: 7

kinda hard to decide wich ill like more seeing as how ive played neither.

but the "M" rating on Conan pull me more twords it. here are my resons.

1)  i get to cut peoples heads off.

2) boobs

3) less children (only the adults that act like them)

4) i get to cut peoples heads off.

5) boobs

• gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Looks like comparisons are moot. AoC is going to release first, so if it's decent a lot of people looking for something new will play it.

If it's another Vanguard/Lord of the Rings/Tabula Rasa/ most will pass, and wait for WAR.

MMORPG Maker

• SempaiEclipseSempaiEclipse Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by jobatt

kinda hard to decide wich ill like more seeing as how ive played neither.
    but the "M" rating on Conan pull me more twords it. here are my resons.
    1)  i get to cut peoples heads off.
    2) boobs
    3) less children (only the adults that act like them)
    4) i get to cut peoples heads off.
    5) boobs
    lol at number 3..

It won't keep kids way.. I say 10-16 yearolds will still play it..

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^

• SuorySuory Member Posts: 90

Lets face it, Most gamers are sick and tired of what they are playing right now. Whether it be WoW or DAoC, EQ2 or whatever. People want something new and exciting to play. I think that is a big reason AoC and WaR are getting so much attention and hype. But it comes down to what is released first.

I think AoC has a release date of 25MAR08 which will make it first. I promise that the numbers are going to be huge when it hits the stores. Now if the game is good or even better than what most people think, War is in huge trouble to be the major hit they hope it will be. No matter how good it is simply because AoC came out first and sucks the players in.  Or it could be like LoTR. LoTR never kept the attention of most of the players after a month. It was and is a good game, but it never "sucked" the players into the game.

There are a ton of what 'ifs" in this, but AoC has one thing going for it. It will be released first, and the players right now are very hungry for a good or great game.

A lot of people think this is like when WoW came out.  Everyone wanted something new and good to play, and look what happened with WoW. Could this happen with WaR or AoC? Yea, i think it really could, but the question is: Will either Mythic or Funcom deliver a great game?

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

This thread counts as 1 so, lets start counting now:

War vs. AoC threads counter= -1-

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

Though some people will probably play both, I may as well, they are totally different in their approach and the audience they will appeal to.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

p.s. does this count as 1? :p
    AoC ftw!

If I wanted to play WoW, I would.

• MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907

I stopped following AoC because they had topless females.

Such a shame.

MMO migrant.

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310

How did you slip a AoC & WAR post in without an Acolyte member running in to defend AoC?

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

It's times like these where I'm glad I'm an Aion fan, I get to avoid the WAR vs AoC arguments and don't have to listen to insufferable fanboys spew garbage at each other in an attempt to reassure themselves of their decision.

• MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153

I am going to play 1 of the 2 games.  I am really looking forward to 1 of the 2 games.  I am not going to tell you which of the 2 it is.  Quite simply it doesnt matter to any one but me which one I want to and plan on playing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Depend on the success of the game that launches first (AoC it seems). If it becomes a big success we'll see thousands of such threads. If not, the threads will be WAR vs WoW and AoC vs WoW. How many Vanguard vs DDO threads did we see?

Originally posted by Suory

Lets face it, Most gamers are sick and tired of what they are playing right now. Whether it be WoW or DAoC, EQ2 or whatever. People want something new and exciting to play.

"Most people" thinks what they are playing now (mostly WoW) is new and exciting, and will stay like that for years still. It's just among us who have played MMOGs for many years that you can say "most" are waiting for something new, and even there I'm not sure you're correct. ;-)

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

I prefer to play Warhammer online due to the lack of the ever presence of man boobs in Age of Conan.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Originally posted by MarleVVLL

I stopped following AoC because they had topless females.
    Such a shame.

Thats when made me and my gf begun to follow AoC : )

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Godliest

Yes. There fore comes nice gif:

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

This thread is brought to you by Captain Obvious,

WAR and Aoc could be released in the same month now that AoC has been pushed back to 20th May. They could even come out in the same week!

Oh noes!

No annoying animated GIF here!