Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My friends hate RPers

2»

Comments

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

Emm gotta love PvP. or do ya ......

PvP = standing in a Doorway or damn close to it for days on end. (door jammers). One Road two doors. One door to fall out of and one to fall back through.

Rping. = well at least they are not cluttering up the doorway. Developers make games to have fun and make friends, Rping will earn both, PvP will earn nothing of the sort. I could go on but it's useless like PvP.

• SidoxsSidoxs Member Posts: 103

Never said i was great, but thanks..I own role players because they dress up like their characters and paint themselves green.

Drop it with the actors.Actors are real life, warcraft is not. i know its hard but you will pull through (maybe)

developers make games to make money off of role players.

HOGG4LIFE

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by Sidoxs

Never said i was great, but thanks..I own role players because they dress up like their characters and paint themselves green.

Drop it with the actors.Actors are real life, warcraft is not. i know its hard but you will pull through (maybe)
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be in a continual state of heavenly joy.

No more comment.

stop posting and go kill mobs

HOGG4LIFE

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

I enjoy PvP more than anything else in an MMO...

But I believe an MMO should have a balance between PvP, PvE, and RP....

After all, I LOVE RP'ers! They're the most fun to kill

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by singsofdeath

If ignorance is bliss, you must be in a continual state of heavenly joy.

No more comment.

I don't think he has an off button.

Only two gears.

Omgz pwnz @ PvP WoWz

and

Omgz I going 2 pwnz joo @ PvP WoWz

EDIT: Also, where does everyone get this idea that RPers cannot PvP?

• ForcanForcan Member UncommonPosts: 700

Normally I stay away from these posts, but I got to say this...

You, sir, are an idiot...

Actors play their roles in TV, Movie, and whatnot.  They play a role in a fictional world...  Same goes for gamers who roleplay in an online world.  They play a role in a Game. 

TV, Movie, and Games are forms of entertainment.  So they do it for the benefit to enjoy themselves.  You cannot really argue that actors doesn't enjoy their jobs, but they are happy they get pay for it.  Because the audiences, the viewers, can see that the actors doesn't brings emotion into whatever they are doing...

You like PvP?  good for you, but you are also playing a role.  You play a role of a ruthless killer who kill other players.  You even play different role in real life.  If you have children, you are a parent, if you are someone's child, you are their child.  If you have a job, you are an employee.  These are all "roles" in the real world, and the same applies to the fictional world of TV, Movies, Games.

Current MMO: FFXIV:ARR

Past MMO: Way too many (P2P and F2P)

Originally posted by Shifty360

I don't think he has an off button.
    Only two gears.
    Omgz pwnz @ PvP WoWz
    and
    Omgz I going 2 pwnz joo @ PvP WoWz

Actually people that talk like that are more enjoyable to kill than RP'ers! I take my previous comment back.

And yeah Shifty I believe you're right! I have such people

^^^^^^ that is why i like to roll them. WoWz and  Omgz and pwnz.

Role play all you want, im all for choice, but its a gimp choice

HOGG4LIFE

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by singsofdeat
    Why do you watch movies?

Why do you play Computer Games?
    Why do you bother posting here?
    Because probably you are enjoying it, right? Well, some people enjoy playing a Role that is not themselves. Consider actors, if you have to make a comparison. I suppose they need to get their heads checked out as well, eh? And I'm not even talking about the people earning buttloads of money with it, but the actors in a simple theater. All idiots to you, eh?
    My gods you're sad.

I dont watch movies

I play online games so i can roll gimps like you, and that is it
    im posting here to get some answers(Which i still want)
    And actors get PAID millions of dollars to play a part,
    AND ACTORS ARE REAL LIFE. WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS A GAME. PIXELS ON A SCREEN. why dont you become an actor so you can actually get paid instead of paying.

LOL no you play online games because you are a dork! kids like you make me laugh, talking all tough because you can "roll" people in wow.

you are probably 13 years old and weigh a buck oh five, quit trying to compensate for getting your ass kicked every day in jr high.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

Does anyone really wonder why WoW has the reputation for having a bad community?

Originally posted by GreenHell

Does anyone really wonder why WoW has the reputation for having a bad community?

I dont, I know it as a fact.

• Ben-HarrisonBen-Harrison Member Posts: 20

Might I respectfully suggest that Sidoxs is a flamer/troll and, whether really as ignorant as he/she seems or not, won't contribute to the discussion with anything other than poorly-constructed attempts to get a rise out of responsible forum posters? Not sure if moderators watch these threads regularly or not, but posters like Sidoxs wouldn't last long on any forum I've administrated.

---

I've always viewed roleplay as improvised, creative writing shared between multiple writers. It certainly falls to pieces if the writers involved lack maturity, intelligence and imagination (as pointed out previously), and while "everyone to their own" applies to PvP as much as it does to roleplay, it's disappointing to hear roleplay is not always practiced as much on MMORPGs as I assumed (I don't play any, these days, only WAR has caught my attention due to its setting)... though perhaps not surprising.

• UtMoonUtMoon Member Posts: 99

Well put. PvP for the sake of PvP is a self-serving attempt at personal enjoyment. Nothing wrong with that if you like that type of thing. I don't go into single player games to RP. If I play Zelda, it is to kick some ass. If I play RTS like Warcraft, I play it to dominate the enemy. Those are also self-serving motivations. 

When I play a multiplayer RPG, I find it more enjoyable to interact and create an entertaining environment for myself and others. Sometimes that means being the 'good' guy, and helping folks out. Sometimes it means being the ruthless killer everyone has to come together to stop (AKA, PvP for those without the imagination to understand that as roleplaying). 

Despite what some folks of low intelligence and imagination may think, roleplaying is real. There are real people sitting behind real keyboards creating real stories with their characters. Let me define 'real' to the moron I am sure will pick that statement out. They are real in the same way Huckleberry Finn is a real story. They are real in the same way Spiderman comics are real. They are real because they exist in your imagination as you read them. They become memories. And memories, my friends, are all that really matters in the end. 

PvP is a useless talent in 'real life'. Where will it get you? Put how many foes you killed on your next McDonalds application and see how many brownie points it gets you. On the other hand, you could take the writing skills you have gained developing your character in roleplaying and interacting with actual intelligent people, and use it in writing a convincing portfolio essay about yourself. 

In real life, roleplaying pAWnz PvP. So who is the gimp now? Oh, and no catsup on my burger, fryboy.

I changed my mind. PlaneShift is not worth the time.