Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a new mmo, and this one looks good, plus its freeee! thoughts?

alylynnalylynn Member Posts: 16

i want something that is pretty, fun, pvp (which it has?)  and that i can solo if i want, or play as a group if i feel like

im dling right now, (woo!) aaaannndd also tyring to decide what class to be! im torn between the little guys, bellato? (sounds like a type of fancy coffee drink) annnnd the big badass robots. sooo what do you guys think? tip the scales for me!

~`all the pretty ladies want to be like me, cause i've got a pocket full of candy`~

Comments

• KevinRKevinR Member Posts: 35

Hi, I play a Bell on Lumen server and its a fun game if you like hardcore PvP. The Accretia (robots) seem to be the most popular race but alot of them have rerolled Bells for more of a challenge. I have not played a Cora so cannot comment on them.

Solus is the newest server. I would pick Lumen or Solus think there was only a couple of weeks between them when they started ( about October 07 )

Do all your quests you can only hold 5 at a time. The early quests give 2 free bags. There is a bug in that if your bag is full then the quest reward falls to the ground at your feet

The Y key drops down the macro menu and you can put your potions in the auto macro slots. So you heal etc automatically.

If you play a spiritualist DO NOT buff high levels unless asked. You can only hold 6 buffs and if you get any more then the last buff knocks out an earlier one. So you could lose someone there high level speed buff... not nice

So DL and log in, the game is free. Have fun

• alylynnalylynn Member Posts: 16

thanks for all the tips! can't wait to get started!

~`all the pretty ladies want to be like me, cause i've got a pocket full of candy`~

• RPGmerulzFPSRPGmerulzFPS Member Posts: 1

I play a Cora Ranger. Very fun! Rangers are weak in the beginning, but just hit and run and you can level up just as fast as regular players.

• BystaBysta Member Posts: 10

I might try this one too. Seems nice and appealing.

• LusafurLusafur Member Posts: 52

Yes try the game out. very fun. yea dont play acrcretian to many of them lol.

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Im a cora adventurer on Novus, this game is heavily gear related, and if u dont work your pt's you can get into loads of trouble later on.  Novus server has been around a while so there are alot of older, and higher lvl players with good gear.  The game has a solid population since it went free2play.  In my opinion it is one of the best free games u can play.  Of course there is a cash shop if u would like the xtra help from what they offer in there, though it is certainly not a necessity.  Avoid the assassin class on any race...they are gimped atm...maybe always.  Good luck, finding a good solid guild that helps each other makes a huge differnece and will help you enjoy and stay in the game for the long haul.  Hope to see you there

Jherun    48 Adventurer,  Soul-Exchange....whats better than S-eX?

thanks for all the input everyone!    

but what is all this about this 'not a service time' when i try to log on? i browsed around and it said that there was a small wait time from the time that you set up your account to the time you can actually play, is this what im getting? or is something eeeellllseee wrong?

edit-------

::::::navermind the last question! i digured it out, thanks all:::::

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

They had to take the servers down for a massive emergency maintainance...supposed to be back up at 8 AM central standard time.  Dont be discouraged, this isnt like a normal thing, in fact they have very reliable servers, and they will tell what is going on.   See yah there, let me know what ure character name is

peace

im on solus, im a bell names Ally

• dafuzzledafuzzle Member Posts: 160

i have a question, is this game more than just a grind, or is there more to it than just lvling up like most free mmo's?

• cbgiwhe6cbgiwhe6 Member Posts: 3

They had to take the servers down for a massive emergency maintainance...supposed to be back up at 8 AM central standard time.  Dont be discouraged, this isnt like a normal thing, in fact they have very reliable servers, and they will tell what is going on.   See yah there, let me know what ure character name is peace

• twaynetwayne Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by alylynn

im on solus, im a bell names Ally
    Welcome to the Bellato Union Ally.  I am a Bell Spec/Driver on Solus. My name's Twayne

Pvp isn't really a good idea until you're a higher level (35+) but you can run through Sette desert if you like danger, which when you get to the Bulky Lunker quest, you will probably want a high level to help you, or just skip it til later. You'll have to get used to the raids, high levels looking for pt from lowbies. They like to attack during CW (chip wars) while all the Archons and high levels are fighting, they can't defend you. Our archons are really whiny and obnoxious at times. Oh, and Distant likes to *touch* everyone for some reason. So watch out for that

anyway, hope to see you online

• twaynetwayne Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by dafuzzle

i have a question, is this game more than just a grind, or is there more to it than just lvling up like most free mmo's?

It does seem like a grind at first, but when it comes to Race Wars, it's a whole new game.  Lvling up your character is only part of it. There are no attributes per se. You instead have lvls of skill in melee/range/special/force/shield/defense PT. Say you use a knife and shield..  when you hit a creature in your lvl range, you will increase in % melee pt. When you successfully block an enemy in your lvl range, your shield pt will increase.

Then your actual skills are the same way. the more you use the skill the higher level it will be, the better effect it will have.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

I found it to be just another Asian import grindfest "MMO".  It's very dull.  With combat being equally as dull, consisting of spamming medkits until one of you runs out of lags.

It used to be subscription, I tried it back then and it's obvious to see why it's not anymore (just not worth paying for at all).

• xyasharxxyasharx Member Posts: 28

I dont mind if you dont like this game but if you say its another "asian grinfest" that really ticks me off. The trth is most mmorpgs you need to grind in them and if you dont like it go play console games cuz this isint for u! I found that the grind till lvl 40 is great plus at lvl 30 you r valid to go to chip war to take your mind of grinding and support your race. plus check out the new expansion supernova and planet war-RF is the bomb!

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158
    Originally posted by KevinR

Hi, I play a Bell on Lumen server and its a fun game if you like hardcore PvP. The Accretia (robots) seem to be the most popular race but alot of them have rerolled Bells for more of a challenge. I have not played a Cora so cannot comment on them.
    Solus is the newest server. I would pick Lumen or Solus think there was only a couple of weeks between them when they started ( about October 07 )
    Do all your quests you can only hold 5 at a time. The early quests give 2 free bags. There is a bug in that if your bag is full then the quest reward falls to the ground at your feet
    The Y key drops down the macro menu and you can put your potions in the auto macro slots. So you heal etc automatically.
    If you play a spiritualist DO NOT buff high levels unless asked. You can only hold 6 buffs and if you get any more then the last buff knocks out an earlier one. So you could lose someone there high level speed buff... not nice
    So DL and log in, the game is free. Have fun

sorry to disagree with you but hell no. acc has the second lowest sized player base. we are constantly outnumbered in cw by the bells and even more so when you pussies team up with corans. some of us make bells because we like to actually have a even fight or just get tired of being gankified all the time

genius inside insanity

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by BOYVIRGO666

sorry to disagree with you but hell no. acc has the second lowest sized player base. we are constantly outnumbered in cw by the bells and even more so when you pussies team up with corans. some of us make bells because we like to actually have a even fight or just get tired of being gankified all the time

Uhm, don't know what kind of weird server you're playing on but on lumen acc probably have twice the number compared to bells ... In CWs, even if bells team up with cora you guys got a larger force. So don't come here and say something stupid like acc has a low player base.... BUT if you're not on lumen, I take that all back, because I guess not all servers are the same :D

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

rf online is a bit of a grind but its fun once ur high level

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158

im sorry man but i do play on lumen and we do not have bigger forces most of the time. ill admit when we get great turnouts we have a crapload of people but iv seen bells outnumber us 3 to one and we still hold yer midgety asses back

genius inside insanity

• ExekileExekile Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by BOYVIRGO666

im sorry man but i do play on lumen and we do not have bigger forces most of the time. ill admit when we get great turnouts we have a crapload of people but iv seen bells outnumber us 3 to one and we still hold yer midgety asses back

lol haha, you probably haven't even played the game... Go to the lumen forum and ask if Acc outnumber Bells+cora together, you will get a good answer. You guys got the numbers, bells have the worse numbers, then cora. So don't talk shit that you don't even know about, crybaby. Bells have neveroutnumbered you