Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xbox 360? for AOC

I heard/read some time ago that AOC was coming out on xbox 360.  Is this still the case or is it just on pc? 

Comments

• jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

yeah, but they dont have a date for it yet. some retails places say it will come out a few months after but funcom has not given a set date.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I don't think they have even started developing the 360 copy yet.  I wouldn't expect as soon as they orginally stated, it will inevitably be pushed back.  Currently there is a lot of skepticism on the combat system (and for good reason), for this reason there will be much more focus on this as it is going to be a make or break factor for AoC. 

If it releases for 360 understand that you will have to pay both the subscription for AoC and Xbox Live fees.  Some are under the impression Xbox Live is sufficient -- it is not.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

PC version will come out a long time before the Xbox version. Likely months

Torrential

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

I checked the FAQ on the Official site 5 minutes ago and found this:

11.12 Are there any console versions planned?

We have stated that we would like all future Funcom MMOs to be released on consoles, but we haven’t made any announcements when it comes to this for Age of Conan. 

This is Funcom's way of quietly cancelling AoC for Xbox 360.

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

I checked the FAQ on the Official site 5 minutes ago and found this:
    11.12 Are there any console versions planned?

We have stated that we would like all future Funcom MMOs to be released on consoles, but we haven’t made any announcements when it comes to this for Age of Conan. 
    This is Funcom's way of quietly cancelling AoC for Xbox 360.

Thank God.  Consoles can't support the sort of features that computers can.  It would have to be dumbed down, like every other console/PC game. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• AnvirAnvir Member Posts: 131

No they haven't canceled the 360 version, they will begin with the development after the PC release, so maybe a year after the PC version we will se an 360 version.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Yes, year should be about right. Who knows really what kind of good things this might bring to the MMO genre really - they have separate team working on the X360 title and it is not affecting the PC version development in any way.

Last time I read about this they we're having discussions with Microsoft on how this could be accomplished, I think the main issue is that they would have to enable the possibility to use the X360 hard drive, also there is the memory issue which requires ridiculous amount of HD access... Who knows if they can pull this off and what will be the final form of the game?

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

yeah its still coming out on xbox 360, im still a huge pc fan and have never liked consoles but the idea of playing an mmo on a couch rather then a chair sounds pretty good to me ^^

ill probably end up buying a 360 just for that purpose

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Stellos

I don't think they have even started developing the 360 copy yet.  I wouldn't expect as soon as they orginally stated, it will inevitably be pushed back.  Currently there is a lot of skepticism on the combat system (and for good reason), for this reason there will be much more focus on this as it is going to be a make or break factor for AoC. 
    If it releases for 360 understand that you will have to pay both the subscription for AoC and Xbox Live fees.  Some are under the impression Xbox Live is sufficient -- it is not.

Ummm you dont need a X-Box live account to play an mmo.  I played Final Fantasy 11 on my 360 with the free version of Xbox live which is the silver membership.  So dont worry if you dont have gold membership you can still play AoC but you will have to pay for AoC like any other Pay to Play mmo.

• gannonreidgannonreid Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Stellos

Ummm you dont need a X-Box live account to play an mmo.  I played Final Fantasy 11 on my 360 with the free version of Xbox live which is the silver membership.  So dont worry if you dont have gold membership you can still play AoC but you will have to pay for AoC like any other Pay to Play mmo.

What would be nice is a lessened fee (for the 360 version) for those with Xbox live. Because part of Xbox live Gold is server management, which should cover part of the pay to play features of an MMO, especially a Microsoft published game.