Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

armor guide?

devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I was wondering if there was an armor and weapon guide somewhere that lists all the armors and weapons in guild wars and the stat bonuses they give.  All i seem to be able to find are useless dying guides. If anyone knows where i can find a  stat bonus guide I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!

Comments

• TalynTalyn Member UncommonPosts: 587

Official Guild Wars Wiki (GWW) (newer but gaining content rapidly) also the F10 key brings up a wiki search window in-game, as well as a /wiki [optional key words] command.

GuildWiki Unofficial Wiki (been around longer so might have more content)

Those two are pretty much the Information Bibles of the game, everything you'd need is there, and everyone will pretty much refer you there for info anyway.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I have been using both of those sites , but when I click on the armor, it shows the art not the stats of the armors. Is there any site that has the stats of all the armors not just basic? Stats are what I am looking for on the items but can't seem to find that anywhere. If anyone knows where all the stat bonus  differences  of all the items are listed plaese let me know . Thanks!

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by deviliscious

I have been using both of those sites , but when I click on the armor, it shows the art not the stats of the armors. Is there any site that has the stats of all the armors not just basic? Stats are what I am looking for on the items but can't seem to find that anywhere. If anyone knows where all the stat bonus  differences  of all the items are listed plaese let me know . Thanks!

Thats because there are NO stats...  Stats are added with insignia's and Runes, Armour artwork is purely that, its to look pretty

Armour is simple, if your a:

Warrior or Paragon, its 80 Armour Level

Dervish, Ranger or Assasin, its 70 Armour level

Monk, Necro, Mesmer, Elementalist or Ritualist, its 60 Armour Level

Armor rating is a statistic that determines how much damage a character will take from most sources of physical damage and elemental damage.

Armor rating characteristics

Armor protects a character from damage, reducing the total amount of non-armor-ignoring damage by a certain percent. The broadest simplification is that every 40 armor rating points beyond a base of 60 provides 50% damage reduction. So, a character with 100 armor rating takes half as much damage as one with 60 armor rating, while a character with 140 armor rating takes half the amount of a character with 100 armor rating (and one quarter of the damage the character with 60 armor rating takes).

The inverse is true, in that, a character with 20 armor rating takes double the damage as one with 60 armor rating. For this reason it is generally considered important for a character to have a set of armor with the maximum armor rating possible for their profession.

Damage is localized, not additive. A character with 5 pieces of 70 armor rating armor does NOT have 350 armor rating. Instead, a random hit on this character will guarantee damage reduction given by 70 armor rating. If a character wears lower or greater armor rating armor on one or more body parts, it increases the odds that damage against the character will be calculated with those armor rating values.

For instance, a character wearing 4 pieces of 60 armor rating armor, but one piece with 100 armor rating, will take "full" damage when struck on an armor piece with 60 armor rating, and ocassionally take half damage, when they are struck on the armor piece with 100 armor rating.

Different armor locations have different chances to be hit. The chest has the highest chance to be hit with three out of every eight attacks, followed by the legs with two out of eight, and the lowest chance of one in eight to the feet, hands and head. Armor cost and bonuses often reflect this, with the material costs and insignia bonuses tripled for the chest and doubled for the legs.

Armor ratings and stats vary according to a character's profession. This means each profession will have a different maximum armor rating, different stats and different protection against various types of damage. See basic armor for more information.

Armor Damage multiplier Armor Damage multiplier Armor Damage multiplier
    0 2.828 40 1.414 80 0.707
    5 2.594 45 1.297 85 0.648
    10 2.378 50 1.189 90 0.595
    15 2.182 55 1.091 95 0.545
    20 2.000 60 1.000 100 0.500
    25 1.834 65 0.917 105 0.459
    30 1.682 70 0.841 110 0.420
    35 1.542 75 0.771 115 0.386

The damage multiplier can also be found with the equation:

Image:Armor rating formula.png

Overview

All armor and shields have an armor rating defining how well it defends against damage in combat. The scale is logarithmic, with every 40 points reducing the damage by half. Likewise, reducing armor by 40 would result in double damage. Armor points are localized to their location and do not add together. Armor pieces that come with an Armor bonus or have an Insignia will add to that piece only. However, bonuses from a shield, focus item, weapon bonus, or skills are global in that they will add their effect to any piece hit.

In general, physical and elemental damage is reduced by the target's armor rating. While the majority of damage falls under this category, a number of skills, especially under the Mesmer, Necromancer, and Monk lines deal damage that ignores armor.

Having 60 armor rating is regarded as the baseline, so a spell that reads "Deals 100 fire damage to target foe" would deal the full 100 damage to a foe with 60 armor but only 50 damage to a foe with 100 armor. However, other conditions such as the level of the caster and the target will also influence damage.

Armor penetration directly reduces the effective armor rating of the target, thereby increasing the damage dealt. For example, hitting a 60 AL target with 25% armor penetration will reduce the effective armor rating of the target to 45, thus increasing damage by approximately 30%.

Armor enhancing skills do not stack beyond +25 armor. This means a single skill can still bypass this cap, but using further armor enhancing skills will have no effect.

Then...   The same goes for weapons...   All weapons at Max Damage have the same stats per weapon type:

Swords are 15 - 22

Axes are 6-28

Hammers are 19 - 35

Daggers are 7 - 17

Scythes are 9 - 41

Bows are 15 - 28 but have variations depending on type

Spears are 14 - 27

and...  Staves and Wands are 11 - 22

Just like Armour, the skin is just a way to look pretty

imageimage

• Adogg1337Adogg1337 Member Posts: 14

With everything in that last post.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Thank you so much for your help! That was exactly what I was needing =). You rule!

• RothaelaRothaela Member Posts: 15

I've been enjoying the Wiki site because I like to mix and match pieces from all the expansions and create a unique costume for my characters. It's nice that it is all the same stats to begin with to allow that freedom. I've found recently that the game has been benevolent in the rune and upgrade drops lately.

I am the mother of 4; therefore I am insane.

• wenrjieewenrjiee Member Posts: 42

Great! It is really helpful

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by wenrjiee

Great! It is really helpful

your welcome

imageimage