Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In case anyone was curious, mxo is in fact totally dead

The title says it all, some people might defend that it's not, but trust me.... Unless you are some sort of die-hard matrix guy, it's totally void of everything that makes an mmo an mmo! 

Elite poster by 82

Comments

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

All I heer is QQ.

Maibe u should l2rp.

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• phoebeannerphoebeanner Member Posts: 3

Actully the game is still quite busy there are hardpoint areas that lag becouse there are just too many players there.

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by smitty0356

The title says it all, some people might defend that it's not, but trust me.... Unless you are some sort of die-hard matrix guy, it's totally void of everything that makes an mmo an mmo! 

Couldn't agree more, I jumped back in recently and it is a shame, it's a game I'd love to play if it wasn't so empty everywhere...

• smitty0356smitty0356 Member Posts: 368

When mxo was new, there were tons of people, but most were zionist because of all of the N30's seen above lol.  And the fact that everyone was default zion until they changed factions, so zion inherited the lazy and the incompetent as well.... needless to say, they were an ARMY, which was no fun.

Also it used to take 3 days to level to 50, and that was the nail in the coffin.

Fun game, good graphics for it's time, and interlock was unique.  I liked the mission system and the skill system wasn't bad (stats were lame).

It's too bad WB mis-managed it, and they lost hundreds of thousands of players....  by those standards, it is an absolute ghost town.  All the instances are empty, the constructs are empty.... everywhere but the main hardpoints are abandoned.   It's really a shame, because I really liked the special events!

All bow before the server combining... RIP enumerator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (best server that used to exist)

Elite poster by 82

• neolivesftwneolivesftw Member Posts: 163

lawlzor

U just got pwnt by zion and now ure mad. dont hate, appreceate.

Hail Neo, full of pwnage, Morpheus is with thee
    Blessed art thou among Zion, and blessed is the roundhouse against Smith.
    Holy Neo, pray for us now, and at the hour of Victory, Amen.

• METALDRAG0NMETALDRAG0N Member Posts: 1,680
    Originally posted by neolivesftw

lawlzor

U just got pwnt by zion and now ure mad. dont hate, appreceate.

All i need to do is to slog my way through your 'sentence' to get a feel for the community.

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god."
    -- Jean Rostand

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

When I checked the trail about 1.5 month ago it was not dead. It is not highly active either though, but not dead yet.

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

Although I have not played in more than a year, I suspect it is somewhat on the downward slope.

I wish they would take this game, scrap it and create another Matrix Online. Atleast try some new concepts and ideas, start from a different point (possibly before "The One").

I played at launch and got to level 50, along with the first few on the server, and I remember how fun it was. Unfortunately, when they killed Morpheus off I just said to hell with this and quit. (I was Merovingian btw).

Anyone know if <The Collective> or <The Sirens> are still around?

I remember those Outfits? or Crews? Whatever they were called.

strange... I find myself AGREEING with shifty....  strange indeed.  I had the exact same experience, and quit at almost the exact same time.  The strange morpheus bomb event on a server loaded with 80% zionist was a joke (although I have a screen of killing 19 people in one nuke).  btw I was a machinist.  Then he died, and you are right, the game dropped off of the radar.

I have many theories, but I won't get into that.  But yes, I know a guy that played very recently, and they had server combining, and mass abandonment.  Too bad... I think they should start over too, and make it a ground up better game.  Maybe wrestle it away from SOE, and give it a real chance!

Elite poster by 82

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

You see Mr. Anderson, we aren't so different you and I.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

All I heer is QQ.

Maibe u should l2rp.

maybe you learn to proper sentence structure and spelling. all i see is QQ?......<breaks out star trek universal translator.>....processing....processing.....processing....sorry drawing a blank.

hmm onto maibe...( ill take it that is meth talk for maybe) u (you) should (spelled that correct guess u cant think of anything leet haxor alternative) l2rp? lerp? burp? ahh i get it.... Learn to role play?? 

..next time i see your posts Ill make sure to have my Lucky Charms decoder ring of "L33t talk" +3  handy. it would make everyone's day so much easier if you just spoke proper english. I would suggest that you put down the pipe for a while, to perhaps let ya brain simmer a bit off the juice.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Originally posted by nakuma

All I heer is QQ.

Maibe u should l2rp.

maybe you learn to proper sentence structure and spelling. all i see is QQ?......<breaks out star trek universal translator.>....processing....processing.....processing....sorry drawing a blank.

hmm onto maibe...( ill take it that is meth talk for maybe) u (you) should (spelled that correct guess u cant think of anything leet haxor alternative) l2rp? lerp? burp? ahh i get it.... Learn to role play?? 

..next time i see your posts Ill make sure to have my Lucky Charms decoder ring of "L33t talk" +3  handy. it would make everyone's day so much easier if you just spoke proper english. I would suggest that you put down the pipe for a while, to perhaps let ya brain simmer a bit off the juice.

Thanks for addressing that guy... I don't handle the leet like you can.

Elite poster by 82

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

When my AAP is active I like to log in once in a while to "kung foo" some bad guys.

Think I am lvl 8 or so heh

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

i think when i left way back in 2005/2006 i was like lvl 20 or so. i even played the beta. the CR2.0 was a nice inclusion which helped. but the game is horrifically boring overall, missions are repetitive as hell. snooze fest.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Ya, every source I have ever seen about the numbers of players shows this game with less than 35000 players world wide.  This would be a small town in america...  the kind that would share a highschool with a neighboring town or something.

Ya, this game is dead, and it is still not significantly better than when everyone gave up on it. 

Elite poster by 82

wow, I hope you are the king of sarcasm...

Elite poster by 82

• MwambaMwamba Member Posts: 11

Is it just me, or does SOE kill everything they touch/buy? If I recall, they also bought Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Before, I was always being recommended to the game. People loved it, other than it was a bit buggy. After SOE came along, I never heard another thing about it.

This game sounds pretty cool, if I ever get off my current MMORPG (12 Sky) I may go and try this out even if it is dead.

• LilacHazeLilacHaze Member Posts: 4

It's not dead. Yes there may not be alot of players on all of the time but it does have its highlights. You will always find people online, especially round the time of events and if there is something going on. You just have to know where they are.

• MarunaiMarunai Member Posts: 15

Due to the apparent lack of people and possibly dead status, are they still charging a monthly fee? What is it? I thought about trying it. I play COH/COV and I am looking for another game to play as well. I've always wanted to try this one but never hear anything good about it. What's the deal?

• SweeetSweeet Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Marunai

Due to the apparent lack of people and possibly dead status, are they still charging a monthly fee? What is it? I thought about trying it. I play COH/COV and I am looking for another game to play as well. I've always wanted to try this one but never hear anything good about it. What's the deal?

I don't know what the current fee is on its own, but it's including in the station pass.

The problem is, as far as MMO's go, MxO is extremely sub-standard. UNLESS, you're a die-hard Matrix fan. If you love The Matrix and what it's all about, you stand to gain something from MxO. If you just thought The Matrix was ok and aren't really a major fan, then stay well clear as you won't get what you're looking for out of it.

To wank, or not to wank. The ultimate MMO sacrifice.

• SweeetSweeet Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Sweeet

Originally posted by Marunai

I don't know what the current fee is on its own, but it's including in the station pass.
    The problem is, as far as MMO's go, MxO is extremely sub-standard. UNLESS, you're a die-hard Matrix fan. If you love The Matrix and what it's all about, you stand to gain something from MxO. If you just thought The Matrix was ok and aren't really a major fan, then stay well clear as you won't get what you're looking for out of it.

<Mod edit>

Because if it was an outstanding MMO with revolutionary game play the like’s no-one had ever seen!... I wouldn't give a damn whether it was the Matrix or not. Alas it's not. But either way people need to know what they're getting themselves into via forums like this, using words in the form of comprehensible sentences. I don't expect you to understand. image

To wank, or not to wank. The ultimate MMO sacrifice.

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

ure all crazy. .... sick rp, what more could you want.

I stopped reading seriously at that point cause I was to busy lol'ing

with some of the things that are said in this particular forum, I wonder if they are serious or if they are kidding.  I mean wow...

Elite poster by 82

• malachidarkmalachidark Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by smitty0356

LOL! I completely forgot there was a Matrix MMO. Thanks for reminding me, it gave me a chuckle!

Currently Playing: Tabula Rasa
    Gaming History: EQ, EQ2, SWG, EVE, Anarchy Online, CoX, GW, SRO, Rakion, Ryzom, WoW, Rappelz, Shadowbane, 9Dragons, DAoC, Dungeon Runners, DnD Online, Space Cowboy, LotRO, Vanguard, Fury, Hellgate
    Wanting to Play: WAR, TCoS, Darkfall, Aion

• TrinexxTrinexx Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Zech4

man look at this loser neolivesftw hes the ONLY person here who likes mxo but dude face it ur mmo is more dead then any other.

It blows so before you go off calling elves and dwarfes kiddie look at wow it has like 9 mil players while your game only has like 900.

LMAO MXO blows.

nuff said

No offense, but your argument was probobly as strong as his was, 'cept one can actually read yours without using a translator.

I always wanted to play MxO, but even late 2006, it seemed kind of dead to me, compared to most other MMOs. A new Matrix game would be great, but I'm reasonably sure it would never happen, considering this was a failure. It's pretty hard to teach an old dog new tricks...

Wait...

Damn!
    DARK side.
    Seriously, I meant Dark Side.