Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This may be the most disappointing game in mmo history

2»

Comments

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by pencilrick

To some of the OP's point, a lot of folks were disappointed with EQ2.  As an early EQ player, what I envisioned for EQ2 was a reworking of EQ with better graphics, more fleshed out geography (i.e, a bigger better Odus), the same dungeons but with a few twists, and essentially a rebirth of Norrath.
    What we got was a major disappointment.  I thought to myself, "how could they kill Norrath?".  With the racial starting cities gone and folks lumped into either Freeport or Qeynos, the game lost it's "world feel" and became more like a linear amusment park.
    The hidden sewers that were a cool surprise to find in the first EQ were revealed in the citizenship quests in EQ2.  Basically, they were saying, "hey, everyone, here's the mysterious underground sewer tunnels.  Guess it's not a mystery anymore."
    Someone needs to revive the EQ franchise; someone with a true love of MMORPG's and a love for Norrath.

That's exactly what I thought.  The gameplay doesn't feel like Everquest and for that matter nothing in it even looks like the old Norrath.   I can understand creating and adding on new environments but the old cities and landmarks should have stayed relatively the same.

Group and solo combat, raiding and guild management; none of it evolved into a more satisfying experience.  They basically took all their ideas and threw them out the window after Wow crushed them and took most of their subscribers.  I bought the Kunark expc because of all the glowing reviews but it was even more of watered-down WoW knockoff than EOF.

But the most fun I had in EQ was playing low level twink alts...so what do I know?

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by NasherUK

Releasing EQ2 at the same time as WoW didn't give it a good start.
    WOW as a game is far more polished and just feels higher quality and smoother to play, which is probably why is rakes in all the gamers.  EQ2 just feels half-arsed in places, like the finish on some of the terrain (mismatching polys, bad texturing and all kinds of mistakes).  You just don't get that in WoW, every inch is properly mapped.  As a result EQ2 only gets people willing to overlook the bad eye-candy, even if the game is good.
    I don't think I even have to mention how many people the SOE logo scares away ;)
    Also EQ2 appears to be a modded version of the same engine they used for SWG, some of the flaws are suspiciously similar.  As is the poor performance when there shouldn't be:/

I have played WoW too and there isn't a whole lot to polish.  Not to mention that I fell through the ground a bunch of times in that game.  The fluffy hello kitty landscape is not without it's flaws.  The quest content is a joke compared to EQ2.  It's much more of a grind.  It rakes in the gamers more by people wanting to be where their friends are more than anything else.  Some people jump on bandwagons rather than think for themselves.  However, even though most fanboys will deny this, it is in a decline.  Why do you think they don't update the counts anymore.  People are turning away from an adolescent game.  This is where the bashing of other games comes in.  Kids sometimes lash out when they get mad, because they don't know any other way. 

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

Why  are you guys still posting in any of smitty's threads?  Have you looked at his post history?  Every post is a troll post, not just about EQ2, also WoW, LOTR, etc......

Dont forget PoTBS and MxO.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by openedge1

Disappointing post mr. OP...seems you also have hatred against you in the LOTRO forums there for posting that no level 50's exist in game...are you out to attack all MMO's?
    Now, at least I picked ONE game to hate...you better make up your mind on which game is worse...LOTRO, EQ2 or WoW

What if they all suck equally much?

• KrileonKrileon Member Posts: 314

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

Originally posted by Nadia
    EQ2 is an entirely different game than EQ1

Thats why it shouldn't be called EverQuest 2....

No you don't get it. That's why it IS called Everquest 2. As in -2- you know, not 1? Makes sense doesn't it. Same story, which gives it the name "Everquest". Different mechanics, which give it the number "2"

Thus, Everquest 2. Makes perfect sense.

Say whatever you want about EQ2 people, but sales are up. Check them if you don't believe me. As well as Gamestop/EBGames are sold out of ROK. I've also noticed large surges of new players. Heck I even returned and it's worth every penny. 40 bucks = original game + all expansions + all adventure packs + 30 days (30 days for new accounts ONLY). Can't beat that offer.

[ Played ] 2Moons, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, Everquest II, Guild Wars, HellGate: London, Lord of the Rings Online, Rappelz, RF Online, Shadowbane, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, World of Warcraft, Last Chaos

[ Playing ] Everquest II

[ Waiting ] Aion, Age of Conan

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by openedge1

Disappointing post mr. OP...seems you also have hatred against you in the LOTRO forums there for posting that no level 50's exist in game...are you out to attack all MMO's?
    Now, at least I picked ONE game to hate...you better make up your mind on which game is worse...LOTRO, EQ2 or WoW

What if they all suck equally much?

It's all a matter of taste.  If you think they all suck, then it will probably be difficult to make you happy, in any case, and not worth the effort.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Eq1 and 2 are not the same game both are great in there own ways.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.