Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So your a gamer and you know best..

Why is it I see so many threads about AoC,WAR and even Aion as being the next and only thing for the future of MMO`s and not 1 word on TCOS,Is it because it isnt dragged under there nose everytime they switch there pc on,Or is it because they follow the mob,Or maybe they think "if it aint hyped it aint good"

The MMO industry is in a right slump and it has alot to do with alot of new players joining because of wow,Now it seems if it doesnt follow the mainstream or have masses of hype them so called gamers wont follow it or indeed even look at it.

Guys come out of the box  and see not every game is a "follow the yellow brick road"game that wow is/was and help move this industry forward,I aint a TCOS fanboy,How could I be it isnt even released but it sure is taking the right steps.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Sure TCoS is a MMO to wait for. But dont forget Fallen Earth, Infinity and some other ones that really stands out from the crowd.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I would think that there's a bigger fuss about games like WAR and AoC because of the names.  Everyone recognises them.  Aion, probably because of the fame of the publisher.  I haven't seen as much of a fuss with Spellborn but I have noticed people, in the past and presently, mentioning it.  There seems to be quite a lot of people hoping for the best... me too!

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

One thing you all forget about to is the group of people who just don't talk. I Have played almost all of the mmo's on the list here to the left <<<< but I haven't been like yo aion AoC or WaR is gonna be hot!!! But I do understand your point. But Just let it go and know what you want to play or what your waiting for man.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

The biggest mistake MMO fans make is putting too much stock in products that are not yet released.

It's understandable.  We all long for that "perfect" MMO to suit our needs.  MMOs are a huge commitment, and when we see a reputable studio making promises, or at least predictions about their next big property, we all wait with baited breath.

But the disappointments are far more common than the success.  People should focus their energy on enjoying what they have, not what they might have next year. 

Don't get me wrong.  I have high hopes for the future of MMOs.  One of these days, many of the millions of WoW-addicted teens are going to grow up and demand some with more depth.  Where theres' a fee, there's a way.

• oakaeoakae Member UncommonPosts: 344

or even Darkfall if that ever comes out...

• SoldarithSoldarith Member Posts: 184

The only thing a gamer knows best is what he/she likes for themselves. Period.

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

TCOS is only being released in EU(As of now). And this being a heavy crowded forum with americans, its understandable.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Originally posted by daylight01

Why is it I see so many threads about AoC,WAR and even Aion as being the next and only thing for the future of MMO`s and not 1 word on TCOS,Is it because it isnt dragged under there nose everytime they switch there pc on,Or is it because they follow the mob,Or maybe they think "if it aint hyped it aint good"
    The MMO industry is in a right slump and it has alot to do with alot of new players joining because of wow,Now it seems if it doesnt follow the mainstream or have masses of hype them so called gamers wont follow it or indeed even look at it.
    Guys come out of the box  and see not every game is a "follow the yellow brick road"game that wow is/was and help move this industry forward,I aint a TCOS fanboy,How could I be it isnt even released but it sure is taking the right steps.

Actually a MOB mentality does have an effect. Its not a "Mob" persay but more like Lemmings. Fact is people want to go where other people are at. They want to go where their friends are going. Also there are guilds to consider they will generally move as a unit and as such, have to decide on a game that the majority want to play.

Torrential

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

What in the hell is a TCOS?  Is that like- that thing that you're not sposed to violate when you log in to an MMO?

And any gamer that knows best knows well enough to stay away from MMOs until they de-baby-fy them again for "big kids."

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

I think because of games like Dark and Light, Mourning, etc people are more skeptical of smaller game companies putting out a quality MMORPG.  WAR and AoC have big, established companies behind them.  Plus WAR and AoC are both using popular IPs.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I'll make this very short>>>You are 100% correct in your assessment.Not many can see past the hype/marketing,except to play a game that is F2P.

Took me a bit to figure out TCOS lol my brain is tired and old.I happen to be watching spellborn i think it has potential,time will tell.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

I'm probably going to get TCoS merely because it was made by a small time developer, looks polished, and supports roleplaying.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250
    Originally posted by goneglockin

What in the hell is a TCOS?  Is that like- that thing that you're not sposed to violate when you log in to an MMO?
    And any gamer that knows best knows well enough to stay away from MMOs until they de-baby-fy them again for "big kids."

it is The chronicals of spellborn not NDA lol,Also you sort of inadvertently agreed with my post as this MMO isnt a "baby-fy"game,So thanks anyway :)

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• sifudojasifudoja Member Posts: 142

Well, alot of people are probably like me on this. I have been watching TCoS for quite a while, but have never seen anything to lead me to believe the game was nearing release, no waves of new info on the game, and little indication that the game will be a success or even that it trully exists for that matter.

I admit i haven't watched it all that closely, but as far as i know it could be another game like Darkfall, where you hear about all these great ideas, but you never hear of anyone actually playing the game and saying it's good, and not even really sure the game will ever come out, let alone be well developed.

I think the main reason people fall for the ''hype'' is that when you start throwing money around to advertise your game, it shows people not only is the game close to being there for you to play, but also that you have faith in it and truely beleive that if you can get peoples attention that you will hook them and make them a player of the game. I wouldn't say i like ''hype'' or fall for it, but some info and a show of faith from the company does get my attention.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Like someone else said, since I am in America I dont really have a reason to hype the game up. I REALLY want to try it dont get me wrong.

I am a big supporter of WAR. Maybe not so much on these forums but by word of mouth I am. It looks like it will deliver what I want. I never really looked at TCoS till recently. Unfortunatly unless things change TCoS wont be out untill around the time WAR is released (in america) or later. I also cant afford 2 games at a single time so unless something major happens and I will be able to pick up TCoS to give it a shot at least a few months before WAR I wont try it. Unless WAR fails to deliver what I want. On the same note, IF TCoS is released in america soon enough for me to try it before WAR, and it delivers a verry fun game I wont pick up WAR. I can only afford to pay a sub on one game at a time so its basicly going to come down to which game can deliver and which releases first. Of course thats also not to say 3-5 months down the road after one or the other gets released I wont get bored and give the other a shot

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Damn it does look pretty good, i guess its between this and AoC.  Whichever has the smoothest combat.

• Ravel_RPRavel_RP Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by Orca

TCOS is only being released in EU(As of now). And this being a heavy crowded forum with americans, its understandable.
    I remember, a while back it was mentioned in a podcast that the makers of this site were surprised about how many Europeans visit their site. How many that is I don't know, but isn't this site also visited by alot of Europeans?

Oh, and although there is uncertainty about an american publisher for TCoS it is certain that the game will be released in NA too.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

Originally posted by goneglockin

it is The chronicals of spellborn not NDA lol,Also you sort of inadvertently agreed with my post as this MMO isnt a "baby-fy"game,So thanks anyway :)

I know.  I make joke : )  No worky well.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.