Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate Baseball Online

DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

Official Site

Anyone else ever try this? I am not a huge sports fan, though I dont really mind baseball and this game is a lot of fun for me. It's in beta right now and I think it's pretty well done so far. If you havent tried it yet and wouldnt mind a multiplayer RPG/Sports game, you really should give this a try. The only thing I don't like is it will eventually be pay to play but if its much better quality when it goes retail I may just end up getting it. ::::39:: Another problem is it's lack of players, which is one of the reasons I am posting it here.

Like I said, give it a try. You may really enjoy it.

Comments

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

I was in the very first phase of beta, a LONG time ago, and it sucked back then, as most EARLY betas, or Alphas rather, tend to do. But then again, Baseball has to be my least favorite sport, tho I do hope it does ok, so more will follow, I'd be interested in a Football one.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

Well, a couple things in that post could account for your disliking a game. One being your dislike of baseball and the fact you played such an early version.

To each their own I suppose. You should give it another try. It is free (for now) ::::39::

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I'm not one to critcize, but....

Why would you want to play baseball in an online world... When you can just do it outside, and not have to worry about bad controls, graphics and lag?

I play fantasy MMO's because you don't have the chance to fly a dragon with your friends or siege a castle... But baseball? You know you've sunken to a brand new low when.... image

Sky and Beyond: Developer
    www.skyandbeyond.tk

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by rathma
    I play fantasy MMO's because you don't have the chance to fly a dragon with your friends or siege a castle... But baseball?
    I take it then your a Lineage 2, Horizons and Shadowbane fan? ::::12:: I accept your opinions but you do realize sports is a decent sized game genre, right? It's much harder to organize a bunch of friends to play a small game of baseball, then to join a room and get playing.

I guess I just didnt realize all you had to do was go outside to play a professional game of baseball. We all dont have stadiums in our backyards. ::::18::

BTW, have you ever seen me play baseball in real life? Now that is bad control and lag. ::::15::

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by Dreakon

I play fantasy MMO's because you don't have the chance to fly a dragon with your friends or siege a castle... But baseball?

I take it then your a Lineage 2, Horizons and Shadowbane fan? I hate all of those games. ::::12:: I accept your opinions but you do realize sports is a decent sized game genre, right?Single player yes, i doubt anybody would pay for a baseball MMO. It's much harder to organize a bunch of friends to play a small game of baseball, then to join a room and get playing. Anything you do in life takes more time apposed to just getting friends together in a chatroom.... That doesn't mean you should reject real life for a game.

I guess I just didnt realize all you had to do was go outside to play a professional game of baseball. We all dont have stadiums in our backyards. ::::18:: Get 3 bases, a bat and a ball. That's baseball.

BTW, have you ever seen me play baseball in real life? Obviously not, i think you already knew that. Now that is bad control and lag. ::::15::

Sky and Beyond: Developer
    www.skyandbeyond.tk

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Well, a couple things in that post could account for your disliking a game. One being your dislike of baseball and the fact you played such an early version.

I never said I disliked it, I said I disliked Baseball as a sport, and I the game sucked when I played it, which I accredited to being due to it having been such an early phase of testing. I have no general problem with baseball video games actually, have been known to play the EA ones. And I even wished the game well, I do hope it does well.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• AntMMOAntMMO Member Posts: 33

It's doing very well. I've been playing since the last wipe(June 18th) and the game has gotten nothing but better. The graphics may not be the best in the world, but i'm one of those gamers who believe that gameplay > graphics. For those of you that disagree with me, there are things called art galleries, go to those ;-) jk.

Anyway, the game DOES have a few major bugs, but they are things that can be worked around and you wont be considered an exploiter or cheater or anything. As far as EA is concerned, they WISHED they had an idea like this first, because if Netamin can pull this one off, they will be made-men like Rockstar with GTA.

For those that would like a comparison to another MMO type game, this one HAS a grind, but the grind is eased by those with natural instincts to compete with others in online sports.

none

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I'm not one to critcize, but....
     Why would you want to play baseball in an online world... When you can just do it outside, and not have to worry about bad controls, graphics and lag?
     I play fantasy MMO's because you don't have the chance to fly a dragon with your friends or siege a castle... But baseball? You know you've sunken to a brand new low when.... image

rathma u seem to be taking this game personally lol

I don't like baseball mmorpgs either but i wouldn't call people retards cause they like something u dont.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I dont like baseball image

Xclipz
    --------
    Waiting for:
    World of Warcraft
    ------------------------

• AntMMOAntMMO Member Posts: 33

Thank you for sharing your fully thought out opinion of the game in question ::::02::

none

none