Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game rocks!

I am having a blast playing PotBS. It is simply amazing...lol ok I took that too far. Anyway it is a really good game. It is something different and I was pulled into the game right away with the combat with person and boat. It was not until I left the starter area when it truly shined. I got a chance to buy a nice ship b/c of the end event (maxed leveled and 1 mil). I got a chance to pvp tonight and I had so much fun teaming up with my fellow pirates and fighting the British. This game is going to have a great release and I just hope it does not get over hyped or have a buggy release, but I dont see why it would after playing the beta.

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Yeah, I agree with you. I too am having a grand ole time in the game. However I saling for the Spanish and enjoying the PvP aspect as of right now.

I hope the game can keep me entertained for the next few months.

Oh and by the way, beware of the Highseas Drifter you Scurvy Bumm, YARRR! (ok, YAR is played out, I know) =)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Is there an open beta or has that passed already?

And is there going to be a free trial soon?

• creative404creative404 Member Posts: 72

Tomorrow is that last day of open beta. So you still have time to play it for a little. The game will be released in a couple weeks so you can by it then. I believe I am going to buy it to entertain my self before War is released.

Originally posted by tkreep

You can pickup and pre order box at Best Buy or Walmart. If your overseas, try getting the pre order off of direct2drivce.com.

If you got the pre-order, you will be able to join in the game 2 weeks prior to release. I believe the level capp will be level 20 though and Jan 7 thru 22nd you should be able to play as a pre order player, in which you can xfer your player to the real game on release date.

Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Originally posted by tkreep

You can pickup and pre order box at Best Buy or Walmart. If your overseas, try getting the pre order off of direct2drivce.com.

If you got the pre-order, you will be able to join in the game 2 weeks prior to release. I believe the level capp will be level 20 though and Jan 7 thru 22nd you should be able to play as a pre order player, in which you can xfer your player to the real game on release date.

Do you keep your level on release or does it reset on the 22nd?

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

you keep your level from pre-launch into live :)

They wipe the servers on the 1st. Preorders can play on the 7th with a clean slate. Whatever we do from the 7th to the 22nd carries over to live :) But HighPlains is correct, there's a level cap of 20 during the pre-boarding playtime.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I just got my beta key but file planet must be packed on downloads of the game because it says its full everytime i try to download from all mirrors none subscribed members of fileplanet.

Should I pre-order from direct2drive or station.com store? I know it does not matter but which has a better download speeds?

Originally posted by creative404

Should I pre-order from direct2drive or station.com store? I know it does not matter but which has a better download speeds?
    If you use direct2drive.com

You establish an account and can always redownload the game at anytime from their website. I believe they also got a loyalty point system in which, if you keep buying from them, you can possibly redeem the points for different games they have. You might want to take a look into this.

Anyways, they store your CD Key and keep track of all your purchases you make through them.

on a side note..

If you got a fileplanet.com membership, I believe you can link them, so your user name and pw will be set for both. (you dont have to be a member of fileplanet, its just an option).

• BrendonBBrendonB Member Posts: 76

Can't wait for the game. It'll be a 2nd christmas for me.

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

Couldn't agree more!  I certainly love the depth of this game offers with the economy and the national favor added in.  I've played a pirate, French Naval Officier and a merchant, all seem to be enjoyable.

• TransactorTransactor Member Posts: 52

I used to play Pirates on my Commodore 64 back in them days and enjoyed it as a single player game. I till this day play Sid Meiers Pirates and enjoy it. I did however start playing the BETA of potbs a few weeks ago and loved it as well, despite the lag issues.

But I have no problem paying for something I enjoy doing and if the devs keep on improving the game.

Originally posted by Transactor

I used to play Pirates on my Commodore 64 back in them days and enjoyed it as a single player game. I till this day play Sid Meiers Pirates and enjoy it. I did however start playing the BETA of potbs a few weeks ago and loved it as well, despite the lag issues.
    But I have no problem paying for something I enjoy doing and if the devs keep on improving the game.

You, sir, have the best forum avatar ever.

mmmmmmmmmm

long days of playing Zork and long nights of hanging out on Quantumlink!

• AinshentAinshent Member Posts: 72

Nuh uhhhhh.......you did not just say Zork and Quantumlink.

Ahhhhhhh.........memories of my C64 screaming across the phone lines at 300 Baud.  Had a ton of numbers for BBS's too.  Sigh....the good ol' days. 

Quantumlink

Originally posted by Ainshent

Ahhhhhhh.........memories of my C64 screaming across the phone lines at 300 Baud.  Had a ton of numbers for BBS's too.  Sigh....the good ol' days. 
    Quantumlink

Awwwwwwwwww yeah! :)

Quantumlink ruled :)

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Quantumlink

Nice...

I Dont mean to Hi Jack the thread, but do you folks remember Eaglesoft Incorporated? The good game crackers next to Fairlight.

The days of MCI, Sprint codes, phreakz and hackz! LOL

Ok going to shut up now so  I dont get myself in trouble.

By the way? Hopefully there will be some new mmorpg Warez coming out as well. hehehe

• AinshentAinshent Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Quantumlink

Nice...

I Dont mean to Hi Jack the thread, but do you folks remember Eaglesoft Incorporated? The good game crackers next to Fairlight.

The days of MCI, Sprint codes, phreakz and hackz! LOL

Ok going to shut up now so  I dont get myself in trouble.

By the way? Hopefully there will be some new mmorpg Warez coming out as well. hehehe

Yeppers....the volume of trouble I found myself intrigued with still concerns me.  I can remember a point in time when, if the phone rang or there was a knock at the door I was genuinely SCAIRD until I found out who it was.  My war dialer was my favorite of my  Appz. 

I think I've still got a captain crunch whistle running around here.....2600 is still my favorite number.  Boxes of all colors.....Sigh, so glad I out grew all that nonsense.

: )

and yes, many sorries for the derail.
  • LinnaLinna Member Posts: 387

*suffering xebec deprivation. approach with care. may bite*

=p

Linna

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Guess its a love/hate thing...

Too much instancing, game was NO FUN for me (been playing since closed Beta)

• Even though I skipped beta, this looks like a great game! Been reading up on it as well talking to a bunch of pals of mine who been in the beta. I'm a fan of Eve too and this seem to have a few bits and pieces from that games feature list, which is awesome :)

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

Guess its a love/hate thing...
    Too much instancing, game was NO FUN for me (been playing since closed Beta)

Yup I agree, some people seem to adore the game and others (myself included) feel pretty let down by it. Personally I think it's awful.

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Although I think the game is far from "sucko" as the other poster said, I don't think it "rocks" either and I won't be subscribing.

My advice though, is that they focus on the good of the game and why people will play it (ship combat, PVP, economy) and quit trying to WoW-ify it with poorly implemented features to make it more mainstream.

It's a niche game...if it's a great niche game, it'll succeed for a long time to come (see EVE)...if it's a decent niche game with a whole bunch of badly done mainstream features (swashbuckling) it is doomed, IMO.