Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a possiblity that aion will become number 1?

12346»

Comments

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

Any game has the potential to beat out world of warcraft, it all depends on how the company markets their game and how well they make it.  Aion is going to be made excellently, but I NCsoft doesn't do marketing all that well.  The only games to come out of them that I saw advertised were TR and GW, but even then it was only a banner on a couple websites.

As far as i'm concerned, if being number 1 means you get a massive load of 10 year olds with foul language then I don't want Aion to become that.  As long as it has enough players to support the game and make everything in the game accessible, i'm happy.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

No it wont be number 1,I honestly dont think it has any chance of that or even being in the top 3.Though they will have a decent sub I would think around the 150k-200k level,There are at least 4 top titles to release in the 1st 6 months of 2008 and none of them will get near wow subs(will any game ever?).

I think WAR will do the best,I wont play it personally but I think that will come out on top of the new releases,My sights are on TCOS which I think will also do really well,AoC has its fans and if they release a decent game(have my doubts) it should come in at around the same subs as TCOS then will come AION,Lets not forget they are still hoping to release darkfall this year,I cant see it happening but hey we did put a man on the moon many years ago so anything is possible,If that does release with everything it promises then AION will be pushed down another slot.

Either way none of them will topple WOW in 2008 that is for sure.TBH not that bothered as long as the game that I want have a decent sub level and is a fun game then I couldnt care less how many subs WOW etc has.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

There havent been enough talk about it to become number 1, i've still yet to find any decent article about it, i know its in closed beta but yea, something should have bneen released, and alot more video's would have been nice.