Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kill time till we can play!

sL1ck731sL1ck731 Member Posts: 5

i see the views on posts going up and stuff but not many people are actually posting. how bout all u unregistered folk login n lets get a good discussion going. it seems so dead in here.

Comments

• telttelt Member Posts: 4

The population for this game is so dead. :D I want to log in, just completed my T9 set when the servers went down =(.

• sL1ck731sL1ck731 Member Posts: 5

i think the population culd change if more people learn about it cuz most of the reviews were before the age of the chosen patch or w/e...not to mention its free now...how long have the servers been down?

since 3 AM PST. lol

The PVP in this game is some of the most solid and intuitive action i've seen from an MMORPG. The charge system removes the typical mana breaks from your average MMO. Every ability has a counter which makes for an incredibly strategic game. It's funny how such a "terrible" game achieved better ability balance in two months than some games achieve in three years [WoW(think warlocks)]. I just wish that the servers would actually work.

i dont really kno about WoW cuz i just refuse to play it. the last major MMO i placed was DAoC and UO before that. the only reason i played those games was for the PvP and PKing. i hope these servers come back up here soon....

• mrsilverbackmrsilverback Member Posts: 8

i agree they need to get the servers back on.

I just started playing this week with a college friend.

I havent played online since shadowbane - but I like this game so far.

I wish Microsoft would put out an Asherons Call.  That original game was amazing....I am not sure why no-one has duplicated it.

Some worlds are PVE and some are PVP.  all worlds you can turn pvp and only kill others who turned.

Magic system was better than anything since as well...but a little time consuming with all the spell components.

• zaltarzaltar Member UncommonPosts: 125

Shoot cust service an e mail and tell them to put a notice on the launcher if they havent already , telling people that the servers are down for maintenance . They did this a week or so a go and didnt put up any notice .  I contacted them and they put one up shortly thereafter . This will be a problem until the new forums are up and running I think .

• mrsilverbackmrsilverback Member Posts: 8

What is the best template so far  ?

The game seems to have lots of diff options in character abilities available.

...no two guys made quite alike almost.

i tried to email them but the link to their customer service is down. it sends u to the oldfury site and i get a mysql error. maybe someone else could give it a go?

Originally posted by telt

The PVP in this game is some of the most solid and intuitive action i've seen from an MMORPG. The charge system removes the typical mana breaks from your average MMO. Every ability has a counter which makes for an incredibly strategic game. It's funny how such a "terrible" game achieved better ability balance in two months than some games achieve in three years [WoW(think warlocks)]. I just wish that the servers would actually work.

You got it.

I beat hundreds of players since I started and thought I was doing pretty good . Recently I faced some of the more experienced players and they owned me with tactics like charge manipulation , skills that prevent healing and ground effects. I had to re think my entire strategy in order to counter alot of this and its not easy once you start fighting players who really know how to use the skills.

The " terrible " point of view generally comes from people who thought they could go in and compete in a button mashing contest but were soon overwhelmed by the demanding decision making and fast pace of the game . A whole lot easier to collect boar livers for the farmers wife so she can make a pie in a game that guarantees everyone is a winner than it is to be the architect of a pvp capable class that you design yourself. The earlier game reviewers didnt like not feeling like winners either when they got owned by people who knew the game well.

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151

In issue 177(january 2008) of game informer, they reviewed fury, and gave it terrible scores, and said guildwars was better, lol. And that the network performance is weak, and "even the smallest amounts of latency can change the outcome of a match". Honestly, i don't think they played the game for more than 20 minutes. The reviewer had also said "it's just a mess, and it doesn't get any better as you become familiar with the game", which is just retarded.

Here's a link to the review:

www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/EB3257CC-5624-4EC6-B61D-44BBFD67A8DA.htm

I personally think it's complete bs aside from the ui isn't very good(and that the reviewers are furries).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

Yeah and the reviewers for gamespot and mmorpg.com also tried to play the game and couldn`t keep up with the " fast pace " , saying that it had to many skills or they were franticaly mashing buttons trying to survive and found it confusing lol. Yes folks it does take more than 20 minutes to learn how to use the skills , 3 weeks would be more realistic . As a result we now have " newbie friendly " areas for beginners to spend a little more time learning the game . In all fairness they should have thrown all the reviewers in an arena against each other rather than with experienced players , I mean Ive been playing a while and some of these guys are really good at this game.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Aha! I knew it! button mashers stay out, people are not humble stay out, people that can't handle stress stay out. Those who are the opposite all these please come and join us :) we'll help teach you the ropes!

• hassifahassifa Member Posts: 6

I have heard of good things from this game, but unfortunately for me, i have been unable to play it yet.

I brought it yesterday, and after installing it, i had to spend another couple of hours downloading a patch, that when finished, wouldnt even start installing because there wasnt enough space in the temp redirection on my windows drive. (I have a 10gb windows + programs partition so i dont lose any other files when i need to format) And that took another few hours trying to repartition my first hdd so i had enough temp space to start installing it. Now as it turns out, the patch that i have downloaded froze at around 75%,so now i guess i'll have to clear the cache and try again. Hopefully i get better results around the second time.

Cant wait till i actually am able to play ingame though. Always found the few mmorpgs that i played a little boring since they were so slow combat wise. Hopefully this game will be able to change it.

Unfortunately, even after a reinstall of fury, the patch still hangs, and i dont want to really re-download the patch again after downloading it from internode from the listed site on the main forums. Perhaps after they fix the problems with them, maybe i will, but it just looks like i have wasted my money on this.

• TipheTiphe Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Koddo

In issue 177(january 2008) of game informer, they reviewed fury, and gave it terrible scores, and said guildwars was better, lol. And that the network performance is weak, and "even the smallest amounts of latency can change the outcome of a match". Honestly, i don't think they played the game for more than 20 minutes. The reviewer had also said "it's just a mess, and it doesn't get any better as you become familiar with the game", which is just retarded.
    Here's a link to the review:
    www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/EB3257CC-5624-4EC6-B61D-44BBFD67A8DA.htm
    I personally think it's complete bs aside from the ui isn't very good(and that the reviewers are furries).
    U know. Killing only AI mobs turns your brain in a cheeskake. The thing that dissapoints me most is that you cant post a comment below the review to give a different point of view, so the reviewer's oppinion its the only information the people who read that article will get. And believe me, that kind of "only one information source" can be really dangerous. Actually, this is one of the characterystics of the dictatorial govenrments.

Here in Spain, before the RPGs (classic ones with books and character sheets) where known, we had an incident with a moroon who killed another guy. When interrogated by the police, he said he was "playing a RPG" when he killed the other guy, so all the spanish TV channels started to talk aboiut the "RPG killer".

The lack of knowledge of the adults about RPGs and also the lack of any other source of information created a unbelievable situation whith parents afraid of their children's hobbies. I know several cases of RPG books thrown away or friends who where prohibited to play RPGs by their parents to avoid his son to become a new serial killer. (If it makes hard for you to believe this, i can search the web for some old articles to prove it)

This case is quite extreme but it shows how dangerous can be not having different points of view of the same issue. Leave REAL players give their opinion, because we all know a reviewer gets paid (if they do) for the time spent  writing an article, not for the time spent playing the game reviewed.

Well as it turns out, i could get my version mostly patched, though in the end, it still came out to being aborted at the end of the setup. I have read through whats left on the tech support forums, and i believe that in the retail version of the client, or the 28152 version anyway, they has mislabeled a patch path to either  of the included files, thus causing the program jpatchl-w32.exe to 'hang' so to speak, and thus the installation itself is still responding, but itself doesnt do anything from that point on.

Here's a brief overview so far. The retail client, v28152 can be installed properly. I then downloaded FuryPatch28152_to_32878.exe from internode so i have a proper backup of the updater. When using this updater, it will proceed to approx. 75% completed before it 'freezes' and does not continue. While the updater is running, the file jpatchl-w32.exe is opening and closing, most likely to get the paths for either the file being patched, or the reference file in the updater itself. Now after waiting around 1/2 hour still stuck at 75%, i force closed the jpatchl-w32.exe in task manager , the updater came up with the following message.

'GOGameContentPackagesFxBuff.upkNot enough Argument Specified to patch the file'

Now the point is, after this message came through, i saw the jpatchl-w32.exe appear again so i closed it, and a second message appeared in my updater.

'GOGameContentPackagesFxPowerup.upkNot enough Argument Specified to patch the file'

So now recognising that this is used via the updater, i left the install alone, and behold, the updater proceeded like usual. Though at the end, it said that the update was aborted. I am trying to continue on because the fury launcher recognised the client as a v32878 and am now updating to the newest version through the auto updater now. If i get some more time, or if im bothered uninstalling/re-installing fury again, i'll try to see if that 75% is the same file in use, and hopefully when the new forums come up, i should be able to provide this information to the developers.

[edit]

Well, after all that, the auto updater worked to the latest client, but after i made my character, and it proceeded to join a server, the client exited out saying that my client was corrupted, and it asked if i wanted to repair it, which only took my back to the launcher again. So know im going to reinstall and watch the task manager while patching to really see if it is the jpatcherl-w32.exe that hangs around the 75% mark.

[/edit]

Sorry about all of these postings, but i found out what was wrong with the updater. The file GOGameContentPackagesFxBuff.upk.diff that is in my 'FuryPatch28152_to_32878.exe' from internode is corrupt, thus causing the jpatchl-w32.exe to hang while trying to patch the one from the install. Not sure how many people have had the same problem, but i have read others thats have had their installer froze around the same area.

If someone would be able to send their FxBuff.upk file (version 32878, though i dont think it was patched in the latest one either, so that should work aswell) to my e-mail '[email protected], i would be much appreciated as i only need that one file to work.

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

hey hassifa, hopefully you can get it resolved soon. wow, mine installed smoothly... if you haven't gotten the file yet by tonight I'll sent to you from my end, when i get home from work.

• Lug1Lug1 Member Posts: 4

if your looking for things to try had the exact same problem and someone recommended getting this download manager

www.speedbit.com/

and it worked

• ShankusmaxShankusmax Member Posts: 1

I have the exact same problem and only need that one file 'fxbuff.upk'...

I haven't gotten any support from the customer service desk with my ticket other than an auto message saying i should reinstall and repatch the game (which i've already tried twice...) 

Would anyone be willing to send me a copy of this file?

I'd love to play this game seeing I paid $30 for it as well as downloading all the damn patches

Thanks in advance guys