Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the new grind

Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

i was curious...with the new patch that helps people to level faster, did it reduce the amount of time it takes to reach 70?

i think the average time for people to reach 70 pre-patch was 10 days played.  anyone know what it is now?

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
-Solid non level based game
-Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

Comments

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

You will get to 70 faster but you will still have to grind for reputation, honor points, and epics.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• JasPlunJasPlun Member Posts: 155
    Originally posted by Death1942

i was curious...with the new patch that helps people to level faster, did it reduce the amount of time it takes to reach 70?
    i think the average time for people to reach 70 pre-patch was 10 days played.  anyone know what it is now?

You will definatly get to 70 faster,but the update is only good to level 60 after that its back to normal. There are not many mmo games out there where you do not grind at some point. With the Battlegrounds being updated with Gladiator Season 1 gear you now have another avenue in which to acquire decent gear (not the best),but makes a good option for those not wanting to raid or have time for much more than pvp. I have found most of the grinds in wow to be boring but they do not take that long to do once you get on it.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

I don't play WoW anymore but my friends say, you will level a lot faster 20 to 60 not 70

But the same honor rep and money and item grind is still their.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

patch 2.3 did many things but related to this thread

www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

- Faction needed for Heroic Dungeons at 60+ was *reduced* from Revered to Honored

- questing under 60 gives you much more experience

- almost all outdoor heroics under 60, are now nonheroic

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I think its a smart move on blizzards part. Its time to think of WoW as an old game. people have already leveled 3, 4, maybe even 5 characters both horde and alliance. WoW has made no secret that the game isnt about the journey, its about the end game content.

Torrential

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

anyone know how much faster?  i was thinking of coming back (on a new account) and would like a rough estimate of how long it will take me to reach 60.  my first character was nearly 19 days played and he never reached 70.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds

• RaitsesmanRaitsesman Member UncommonPosts: 215

Just buy a lvl 70 acc.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by Raitsesman

Just buy a lvl 70 acc.
    thats a good way to get banned and lose your investment

its almost  twice as fast under 60

especially if you solo quest all the Outdoor group quests that have been nerfed to nonheroic ease

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

I think it was a great move on blizzards part not only because of all the characters that people play but it makes it easier for the casual players. Now they don't have to invest as much time to get to 70 as before.  I mean I've been playing since beta yet I only have 1 level 70. Only because I hate having to start over lol. But now that it is easier I have been playing my lower level characters again. Its kinnda nice lol.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

Originally posted by Death1942

anyone know how much faster?  i was thinking of coming back (on a new account) and would like a rough estimate of how long it will take me to reach 60.  my first character was nearly 19 days played and he never reached 70.

There's too many factors to say for sure how much faster you will level.  There were several changes made:

1)  The amount of XP required to level from 20-60 was decreased.  I think in the area of about a 20% decrease per level. 

2)  The amount of XP you receive for completing quests in the 20-60 range increased.  This was on a sliding scale so that the closer you get to 60, the larger the increase.  This was done because the closer you got to 60 the longer it took to level before, but with the increased XP for quests and the bonus increasing as you go along means that it doesn't take you significantly longer to level from say 50-60 then it does from say 20-30.  It's still longer, but not that much longer, assuming that you are questing and not just grinding.

3)  The amount of XP you recieve for mobs inside an instance was increased.  Don't really know how much though.

Overall I think you'll probably see in the neighborhood of about a 25 to 30% decrease to level time.  What would have taken you 3 or 4 hours to gain a level previously, might take 2 or 3 hours now.  So don't expect a huge dramatic difference.  It's quite noticeable, but it didn't cut the time in half or anything like that.

• LuckyCurseLuckyCurse Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by Czzarre

I think its a smart move on blizzards part. Its time to think of WoW as an old game. people have already leveled 3, 4, maybe even 5 characters both horde and alliance. WoW has made no secret that the game isnt about the journey, its about the end game content.
    Torrential

Except the journey is the only thing people have to look forward to.  Add new races... start the journey over.  Add new levels... continue the journey.  Add new equipment... start new raids.  Add a new class... start the journey over.  You can have it all with time, and then you're left standing around helping others do the same.   And when they have it, then what? Do it again? Wait for more to do?

I'm telling you, the carrot isn't that tasty people, it's been dangling in front of your faces too long now and it's just dried up and kinda resembles an old man's phallus.  

I'm not sure how many 'generations' of games we'll have to see before companies realize that the best content isn't worn and doesn't have a level or stat.  At this rate it will be my grandchildren enjoying some game like that.

- LC

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

lucky grandkids :P

the leveling seems to be going a lot faster and the rep gained from quests is huge now (honored with Org at a very low lvl)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds

• EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491

Originally posted by lionexx

I don't play WoW anymore but my friends say, you will level a lot faster 20 to 60 not 70

But the same honor rep and money and item grind is still their.

Sorry but you sig got me curious - so you played Moria Multiplayer, Yserbius, Realm, Empyriana, Meridian etc ?

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

15% less XP needed for 20-60

30% more XP for quests that range from 20-60

• TwiZzoTTwiZzoT Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Raitsesman

Just buy a lvl 70 acc.

The people that buy the accounts suck at playing.  I'm not being juvenile, it's just fact.  Playing a character from level 1 to level 70 allows you to know that class inside and out.  I've grouped with ebay 70's before and it is a painful experience. 

Originally posted by zethcarn

its more than that

under 60,

almost all non-instanced heroic quests can now be *soloed*

- giving you access to more quest choices

remember Fozruk?   no longer elite

remember Silithus swarm nests?   no longer elite

etc

I personally think its too trvivialized but no question that it helps you do more quests faster

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by zethcarn

I don't think it's a straight 30% XP for all quests that range from 20-60, it's a sliding scale where the quests as you get closer to 60 get a higher XP bonus then the ones closer to level 20.  The reasoning behind this is that prior to 2.3, it took considerably longer to level the closer you got to 60 as opposed to level 20 which contributed to that "grind" feeling.  The sliding scale is meant to offset that somewhat, so that what you have is a more linear progression.  It should take you approximately the same time to gain 1 level at level 20 as it does at say level 59.  Not exactly, but closer anyway.  That should make it feel like less a "grind" as you get closer to 60.