Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to advance title

OrobasDivineOrobasDivine Member Posts: 26

Can people please tell me how to advance my title, it cant be from just posting in forums cause I've seen ppl with less post at a higher title, how does this happen? what are the other ways I can gain to a higher title and leave this apprentice crap behind?

OD

"It is through the errors of others that I learn not to be them"

Comments

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Its not too hard, and it yes, it does come from posting among other things.

Take me for example, less than 30 days on the forum, and a 5 star poster. Why?  Pretty easy, I read the forum FAQ on how they set ratings.

Since its the holiday season I won't leave you with the obligatory "Read the FAQ" troll post.

Ranks are calculated every day at 2:00AM EST.  They are only based on the last 30 days of data.  We look at the following factors when determining your rank:

• How many days you visited the site (and logged in).  This is also counted when you use our "autologin" feature.
    • How much information you have posted in our forums (not the amount of posts)
    • The quality of your posts.  If you post lot of "filler" posts that only consist of a few words this will cost you rank points.
    • Any posts of yours that had to be deleted will cost you 5 rank points (there are only 100 total).  To prevent your posts from being deleted, please obey our Rules of Conduct.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• OrobasDivineOrobasDivine Member Posts: 26

Hmm, this is interesting, what else can I do to earn points I am more of  a reader then a poster. This info has been informative though and thank you very much for the reply.

OD

"It is through the errors of others that I learn not to be them"

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Originally posted by OrobasDivine
    Hmm, this is interesting, what else can I do to earn points I am more of a reader then a poster. This info has been informative though and thank you very much for the reply.
    OD

If you are more of a reader than a writer, then nevermind the number of stars or title. The title is just a way to see how active you are. If you prefer to read and sometimes post, then do so the most won't judge your post by the number of stars you got.