Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats living in America really like?

13»

Comments

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I think he was looking for a "holiday" home.  Some place to go for vacation and, possibly, retire.  He's also from the UK, so it's likely that American football or basketball aren't tops on his list of sports to watch.  Not that sitting around watching sports sounds like a very vacation-ish thing to do but I might be wrong.

I can understand places like Florida and other warm states with beaches and night life, and I can understand New Mexico and states with good skiing, but I'm not so sure Oklahoma would be good choices for a holiday home. 

Of course, if you're the outdoor, woodsy quiet type then it's probably an excellent choice.  I have a German friend who spent a couple of months in a lovely cabin by a lake in OK years and years ago and still raves about it.  He had just finished his dissertation and needed badly to relax.  He did some water sports there but mostly just hiked and relaxed.  He's an avid skier but I think the two months in that cabin was his favourite vacation ever.