Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow steals other games' new ideas!

I have seen so many newer games ideas show up in wow.  honestly I commend them for being so openminded to see that perhaps these up-and-commers have something going for them, but at the same time, I want to see wow fall from the top spot!

Elite poster by 82

Comments

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    Originally posted by smitty0356

I have seen so many newer games ideas show up in wow.  honestly I commend them for being so openminded to see that perhaps these up-and-commers have something going for them, but at the same time, I want to see wow fall from the top spot!

Facts ?

• psykowhirlpsykowhirl Member UncommonPosts: 22

Trolls are a wonderful thing!

• SoldarithSoldarith Member Posts: 184

I was under the impression, that after well over a decade of MMO gaming under my belt, that all development companies take the best and brightest ideas and incorporate them into their MMO - This is called evolution and it brings MMO consumers the best the genre has to offer.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Before WoW comes, there's already tons of mmo out there or already in works. But why aren't they as sucessful as WoW? Did Blizz stop other company from doing anything that  Blizz will be doing with WoW?

Sometimes i really dont understand all the WoW hate that is coming from you players. you all said that you hate the end-game grind, hate the gear base formula etc.... so do i! But make no mistake that WoW have increase the mmo level. That is why VG or any other game that offer nothing new fail. They have such an impact on the mmo market that we cant ignore and even as far as ive to say, thanks to them.

Will AoC and War be bringing anything new to the end-game grind that we hate? personally i don't think so. If these games bring nothing new to the table, than most player that is sick of WoW seing that what these new game is bringing is still the same, they will go back to WoW. Wish that WoW will fail you say? Not in another 5 more years times as they have 4 more x-pac to come out.... And i thank Blizz for coming in to the mmo.

Never underestimate the impact that WoW have in the mmo market

RIP Orc Choppa

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

THIS POST IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL AND NEW.

/sarcasmoff

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

They don't just steal the ideas, they take them and make them work in the WoW universe.  They improve on what's already there.  There's a reason why WoW is at the top of the mountain.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

"

wow steals other games' new ideas!"

Sounds great to me. I'm not expecting any other developer to do any better anyway. I'd rather see Blizz just take their ideas and stay in this game :)

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

tell ya what no matter how much you guys say there is, was, or ever will be nothing new wow puts out... nothing they did before hand no game mech is NEW!   WoW has nothing... the only thing ill give them credit for doing first is the cartoony graphics thats all

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by LordRelic

tell ya what no matter how much you guys say there is, was, or ever will be nothing new wow puts out... nothing they did before hand no game mech is NEW!   WoW has nothing... the only thing ill give them credit for doing first is the cartoony graphics thats all

And still the same people claim WoW ruined so much ...

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

The answer is..

They dont reinvent the wheel. If you see a good feature you incorporate it into your product. Simple business. Its legal and you should not only expect it from MMORPGs, you should demand it

Torrential

• smitty0356smitty0356 Member Posts: 368

I totally agree that it is a good idea, and legal, I just wish other games caught on a little better!  I mean not every good idea can be implemented into every game, but wow has really adapted and overcome many early game shortcommings.  I'm not a wow player, but I can see when a company has a good policy in place.  compared to SOE, NCsoft, Turbine.... blizzard is the best company releasing an mmo right now bar none!

Wow better have it's "a" game for when WAR comes out though.

Elite poster by 82

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

And their "old" ideas too!!!  Blizzard is an equal opportunity stealer.  Thank you Blizzard.