Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rejoining Questions

ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I quit WoW before since I found it too boring. I had a lvl12 Dwarf Hunter, and a lvl17 Undead Mage. I could never get anywhere leveling them, and I found killing the same things over and over again for quests too boring.

I'll rejoin WoW if some (experienced) players can answer these questions. I'm not buying Burning Crusade atm until I get back into the game:

1. What's easiest class/race to level and solo with?

2. What is easiest way to level from 10-20?

3. Does the game get funner after lvl20?

5. What type of server should I join if I'm a newbie just wanting to level, and do some PvP?

4. I need a good build to go with the answer to question 1.

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

OK, ill give you my experience.

1. First, dont ask which race/class is best to level. Ask which classes you enjoy the best. For example, It may be that paladins are very easy to level, but if you hate melee/healing types or hybrids and always enjoy playing DD casters ...you should play the caster, even if its a little harder. If you dont like the class, you wont stick with it, no matter how fast you level. In the end, I would say Hunters, Paladins, shamen are very easy to solo. However you will find that they are very difficult to get into groups (unless you are a healer).

2. The easiest way to level 10 to 20 is grinding/questing  solo in my experience. Grouping and lower instances are fun and yeield better loot, but I always found that solo was the quickest.

3. The game does get better after 20. Honestly the best times I had were probably in the 50s. After that its just get to end game raiding (which is the basis for this game).

4. If you want to PvP and PVE then a classic server is for you. However, understand that even on the PvP servers, not a lot of open world PvP occurs. The battlegrounds are just more efficient.

5. I dont have builds for ever class. But I do know its not hard to find leveling guilds. Many are posted on the WoW forums site themselves. Check them out

Good Luck

Torrential

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by D3mis3

I quit WoW before since I found it too boring. I had a lvl12 Dwarf Hunter, and a lvl17 Undead Mage. I could never get anywhere leveling them, and I found killing the same things over and over again for quests too boring.

I'll rejoin WoW if some (experienced) players can answer these questions. I'm not buying Burning Crusade atm until I get back into the game:
    5. What type of server should I join if I'm a newbie just wanting to level, and do some PvP?

I'm afraid the only other option in this genre is killing things over and over without doing it for a quest so if that's really so much of a bother I'd seriously consider changing genres ^^

That said i'd recommend a hunter but it's my favorite class so that makes sense.

Also, don't worry too much about getting a "good build" recommended, although Beastmastery is a good direction for a solo hunter.

Just play the game and don't try to max the experience

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

I'm afraid "kill x of monster y" type quests continue right up to the end of the game. So if you don't like them, you may well be disappointed. The same goes for almost every other MMO.

Having said that, there are several other aspects of WoW play.

Have you tried grouping with other people for a trip to an instance (a multiplayer dungeon)? A lot of people enjoy the teamwork, although it may take you a few goes to get the hang of it.

Have you tried PvP? A lot of people enjoy the challenge, although you should be warned that low level Battlegrounds are dominated by twinks.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I'm enjoying Tabula Rasa right now, and its quests are unique. Like plant a trap for an alien scout or retake a captured base.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

1.)For soloing really I'd say Warlock, Rogue, or Hunter. Only because hunters hace there pets and as long as you don't pull aggro from your pet then your good. Warlocks just sit there and fear and dot fear DD and own lol. Rogues if built right can do alot of damage fastg but there have to have decent HP as well.

2.)easiest way to level from 10-20 is to quest I have gone from level 1-20 is a day and a half. It really is not that hard to level a character from 10-20. Plus you said you've gotten one to 17 you should know that it is not that hard. Just kill eeverythign you see on the way to a quest or dungeon or on the way back anythign that gives you exp kill it. And just do every single quest there is.

3.)The game isn't better till your a higher level at low levels its all about gear and leveling. At 70 I like it because then yeah I no longer have to worry about leveling but there is still alot of things i have to do but with out the leveling I have more time for other things.

4.)Join any medium populated pvp server I am curently on Mal'ganis and I LOVE it on that server. Cool people good guilds alot of progression raiding wise alot of people on my server have downed illidan. And Ijsut find it a over all good server.

5.) pick a class an d I wil give you a decent build.

If you wish contact me on the mal ganis server my characters name is Agan. thats my level 70 orc warrior. Just send me a tell and I will help you out how ever I can.

---------------------------------------------
    WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura
    ---------------------------------------------

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

First off, this is not a flame, but my honest attempt at an answer for you.  I don't believe that WoW is the game for you.  Before you get upset, hear me out.  From your comments above, you strike me as the kind of person that doesn't have a lot of patience.  You want it all and you want it now.  You want to the know the easiest class and race to play, the easiest way to level, the best build and so on.  You played to only level 12 and 17 and got bored.  I can't honestly see you ever making it to level 70.  Never. 

For me, WoW is all about the journey.  It takes time and at least a bit of patience.  It requires that you put in your dues figuring out what works and what doesn't.  It requires effort.  Sure, someone can tell you what they think, but unless you have experienced it yourself, it's gonna be really hard for you to put it into practice.  It's kinda like asking a professional football player how to become one.  They can try to tell you what they have learned, but unless you go out and play, it's gonna be mostly meaningless words to you.

So my adivce is to do one of 2 things.  Pick another game, one where you can quickly and easily get to the top or forget all about getting their fast and just enjoy the journey.  Don't make the game all about getting to the next level.  Just play to have a bit of fun.  You will eventually get to where you want to end up and you'll be much better off for having experienced it yourself.

That's just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

• Arthmis1Arthmis1 Member Posts: 21

I have been playing WoW for almost 2 years now and have 5 lvl 70's...  The easiest solo class by far is the Hunter or Warlock.  Reason being is that they both have pets.  Which will give you an edge or everyone else.  Depending on which type you like is the one I would go with.  There is a lot of world pvp once you hit about 30.  That is when you get into the contested places.  It does get better after about lvl 25.  Reason for that is from 25 up there is 3 to 4 instances you can run at any given time for the rest of the game.  Hope this helps you out.

Kneacks (Drak' Thul Server)

World Police (Guild)

Look me up if you ever want a helping hand!

Also if you decide to play again always use this as a reference WWW.Thottbot.com

So forgot to reply, but made a Rogue on The Forgotten Coast server, and up to lvl13 almost 14. In Ghostlands right now.

• ElthrisElthris Member Posts: 13

what side are you alliance or horde cause i have a character on the forgotten coast server his name is AlnceDest he's my tauren i have on there i go on there once in awhile not that much trying to lvl up my nightelf he's a lvl 10 almost 11 yeah for m.Do yourself a favor and play if you want warcraft 3 and the expansion for it the frozen throne great game does really set up wow nicely that was the game that got me back into wow was warcraft 3. but most importantly just have fun and do not look at your exp. bar just play it when you lvl you lvl do not worry bout how long it takes.you will enjoy the game more then personal exp. on that one.

Blood Elf here. I bought BC cause I didn't realize it was only 29.99. Anyways, up to lvl18 now almost 19. At this moment waiting to enter the server. Ive been on 2 raids in WestFall and Elwyn Forest, and killed a bunch of lvl15s.