Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Child's Play Breaks 1 Million Mark

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Child's Play, the charity that provides toys and games to sick kids, has announced that they raised more that 1 million dollars in their most recent fundraising drive.

Not only did we break the million dollar mark, but we decimated it with our new total of $1,135,000! This significant achievement made this holiday season a happier, brighter one in our fifty partner hospitals. To everyone who has contributed to this amazing milestone, thank you!

The hospital wish lists are still online, and some have seen new items added. While we try to get lots of new games and more to the children in time for the holidays, the hospitals have a need for equipment year-round. Likewise, we will continue to accept donations through Amazon, PayPal and the mail until next year’s fundraiser kicks off.

Keep your eye out for one final update in January- best wishes from us for a Happy New Year!

Read more here.

Comments

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163

This IS absolutely fabulous!!

It is great to hear of people & charities that take time out from their daily hectic lives to give to children, that will make that child or person's life bright .. for that one special moment!!

I salute you all

God Bless & have a Happy & Prosperous 2008 Everyone!

"Huntress"

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Nice, especially since I know I contributed (if even a minor one) to breaking the 1 million mark.

• That's great! I contribute to Child's Play every year and I'm always blown away by the total sum of money they obtain!

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97

That is great! Its nice to see that gamers, commonly demonized by the media, have such big hearts.

Great work everyone!

• Noct23Noct23 Member Posts: 3

I'll be sure to remember you on pay day .... I'll give you what I was gonna invest in my online game this month... I'm sure you can put it to much better use than that 'virtual' new outfit I was gonna buy, lol